Week 10 Season 3

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Jan 19, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

=============== #8 Washington Huskies (5-2) ===============
    Last week, Washington won 56-24 against Arizona (2-5).
    This week, the Huskies will host Oregon (3-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Washington targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) CB Korey Brewer has committed to Nebraska
    - (****) QB Chris Wade has committed to Washington
    - (****) CB Scott Parks has committed to Washington
    =============== #11 UCLA Bruins (6-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 41-13 against Utah (4-4).
    This week, the Bruins will host #22 Cal (6-2).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Chris Bennett has committed to UCLA
    =============== #22 Cal Golden Bears (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Cal won 17-10 against Oregon (3-4).
    This week, the Golden Bears travel to Pasadena to face the #11 UCLA Bruins (6-1).
    =============== #10 Oregon State Beavers (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 38-21 against Stanford (3-4).
    This week, the Beavers will host Colorado (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Robert Murphy has committed to Oregon State
    - (****) DT David Jackson has committed to Oregon State
    =============== Utah Utes (4-4) ===============
    Last week, Utah lost 41-13 against UCLA (6-1).
    This week, the Utes are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Utah targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Marcello Pettit has committed to Utah
    =============== Arizona State Sun Devils (4-4) ===============
    Last week, Arizona State lost 20-14 against Colorado (6-1).
    This week, the Sun Devils are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) RE Anthony Dunn has committed to New Mexico
    - (***) DT Michael Hawkins has committed to Arkansas
    - (***) C Chris Bennett has committed to UCLA
    =============== Arizona Wildcats (2-5) ===============
    Last week, Arizona lost 56-24 against Washington (5-2).
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Pullman to face the Washington State Cougars (3-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Tom Ingram has committed to Arizona
    =============== Colorado Buffaloes (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Colorado won 20-14 against Arizona State (4-4).
    This week, the Buffaloes travel to Corvallis to face the #10 Oregon State Beavers (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Colorado targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Tom Ingram has committed to Arizona

2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Marcello will get to play along side his bother Matthew Pettit next year! how sweet

Utah... Bringing families together

3. IrishBearcat

That happened to me a lot in previous games. I recruited two "Cook" brothers. I have "Cookie Monster" starting as my SS, and another Cook I added last year at MLB.

4. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Cook is a common last name. Pettit is not

5. IrishBearcat

When did I say Cook was an uncommon last name? :)

6. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

you said they were brothers and I didnt believe you :cool:

7. IrishBearcat

Damn I just checked.. one is from Modesto CA, and the other Cincinnati, OH (I got to UC! lol). DAMN

Bet your guys aren't from the same place, and editing doesn't count sir!

8. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

After a horrific house fire in 2006 my boys were sent to foster homes but they kept their parents names and have always kept in touch while growing up. Sports are the only things that has kept them out of trouble in life. Marcus ended up in south Texas while Marcello saw his family move to the west coast near Fresno. Marcus hated everything about Texas and was quick to get out as soon as he graduated and he knew that a football scholarship would be the only way he could go to college. He was good but the best schools in the nation were not interested. He decided on Utah after coach Paige sold him on the Ute family. As a Freshman he struggled bit did show some promise for the future in limited game touches. Many practices he seemed lost and not focused though. Coaches were hard on him and he was hard on himself. He was discouraged by his position on the depth chart and had thoughts about leaving the program. After missing time during spring workouts the coaching staff sat down with him and decided the best thing for him may be to spend the year on the scout team while redshirting. Marcus pushed Marcello to come to Utah and play with him but the family he had lived with in California for the past 8 years were big Bulldog fans and he had grown a bond with the Fresno State program. When Marcus heard he may have the opportunity to play with Marcello, he began to work harder in practices. Coaches saw the change in attitude and have been impressed with the work he has put in this season and knew they needed to finish the deal with Marcello. Marcus has a chance to turn into a vital part of the offense in 2014 and 2015. With Palamo on his way out, there will be a battle in the spring for the starting HB role.

9. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

OSU 38 - Colorado 31

This is the first time we have played each other. OSU used three QBs throughout the game to get things going after RB Jackson was knocked out of the game with a concussion (his third since being at OSU). Colorado played very tough on defense. Colorado swapped TDs in the first quarter. OSU was able to get another score with 2 minutes before half to take a 14-7 haftime lead.

The second half is when things got interesting. Colorado came out of the half on fire. Colorado tied the ball game up just a few minutes into the third quarter. OSU quickly answered back on a 2nd down pass that went 80 yards. Colorado responded on their next offensive play for a 71 yard TD run. Colorado got the ball back after a pick. Colorado drove down and scored going up 28-21. On OSU next drive they threw another pick in the 4th. Colorado played in conservative and kicked a FG.

In the last 3 minutes of the game OSU took over. The defense finally stepped up. Just under 3 minutes to play OSU scored to make it a 28-31 ball game. They picked off Colorado with great field position and kicked a FG with 1:03 left in the game to tie it up.

Colorado went hurry up on and got across the 50 yard line before throwing another INT. OSU knew that it was time to capitalize. On a HB Toss Agnew found a hole and broke free. Running down the sideline with 25 seconds left in the game (Colorado had all three timeouts left) Agnew made sure he didnt get into the endzone and was tackled at the 6 yard line. OSU kneed the ball and Colorado called timeout. OSU then punched it in for the score with 11 seconds left in the game to go up 38-31.

Colorado had one last chance but was sacked on their last offensive play.

10. IrishBearcat

Lol, really?

11. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

This shit just got meta.

12. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

I think Oshio is winning lol

13. IrishBearcat

Cougars and I are set to kickoff at 1 PM EST.

That will leave only fuzzyl0gic v CPU.

MurkYa21 - I'll invite you before I kickoff.

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'll hop on and play within the next hour..

15. IrishBearcat

Your game has already been played this week. I think we play next week.

16. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

UCLA pulls out another win beating Cal 42-27. Cal sure as hell can run the ball as my line was barely able to create any problems today as Cal ran up and down the field on us. But just running the ball wasn't enough for Cal their passing game didn't help them out much. If Cal could pass I believe UCLA would have lost this game. UCLA's Brett Hundley went 16-23 throwing for 324 yards and 2 TD's and 0 interceptions. UCLA takes on Colorado next week which will most likely determine who will win the Pac-12 south title.

17. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Oh alright

18. IrishBearcat

GG man, you have a very efficient passing attack. It was fun to watch the battle of Cal's run game vs UCLA's pass game. The difference IMO was Cal's weakness on offense hurt them much more than UCLA's. The Bruins were able to get some nice production out of RB Crenshaw. My QB made some nice throws, but really wasn't impressive at all.

It's really important my squad digs their heels in and finishes the season strong enough to reach our 5th star. It looks doable with tougher part of the schedule out of the way, but it will be challenging.

Looking at UCLA's roster as well they are a VERY senior-laden team. My team is quite young, with myself only losing 7 total seniors (5 quality players). This will be the strongest UCLA will be for the next 2 years, so it's not surprising they are tearing up the Pac-12.

• Like Like x 1
  19. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

UCLA has been tearing up the Pac-12 the past two seasons, hence the two Pac-12 titles they already have (y)

20. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

IrishBearcat ...If it's not too much to ask, is there anyway you could throw the results and let me play BakerWildcat7?

If I were to get a win I'd be tied up in the division. My next four games are @ Cal, @ USC, @ Oregon, @ Washington.

It would atleast give me a chance, I've already sent him a friend request, and I'm available all day. If he could play today and fuzzlogic gets his game in, we could advance and I'd be able to play you tonight also.

21. IrishBearcat

It's up to BakerWildcat7. He played before you were added, so I'm not going to make him throw out his result.

22. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

23. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Lol do u know how hard fought that win was? Not to be a douche but I have to take every win I can this year, cuz we suck ass.....

24. IrishBearcat

That's fine, MurkYa21 can simply start after we advance.

Speaking of, fuzzyl0gic is playing when he's off work. Look for an advance tonight between 830-1030ish.

25. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Suit yourself, I'd rather play a user than cpu.