Week 10 Season 4

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Feb 6, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    Advance Max: Tuesday @11PM EST
    =============== #8 UCLA Bruins (6-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 48-21 against Arizona (1-6).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Berkeley to face the #11 Cal Golden Bears (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) P Jason Simpson has committed to UCLA
    - (****) ROLB Austin Davis has committed to UCLA
    - (****) RT Mark Howard has committed to UCLA
    =============== #11 Cal Golden Bears (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Cal won 34-10 against Washington (5-2).
    This week, the Golden Bears will host #8 UCLA (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Cal targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Jason Gibson has committed to Cal
    - (****) FS Arnold Campbell has committed to Cal
    - (****) CB Bubba Luke has committed to Cal
    =============== #2 Oregon State Beavers (7-0) ===============
    Last week the Beavers were idle.
    This week, the Beavers will host Washington State (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Ryan Smith has committed to Oregon State
    - (****) RT Mark Howard has committed to UCLA
    - (****) RE Garry Tate has committed to Oregon State
    - (****) FS Adrian Williams has committed to Oregon State
    =============== #12 Utah Utes (6-1) ===============
    Last week the Utes were idle.
    This week, the Utes travel to Boulder to face the #3 Colorado Buffaloes (7-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) SS Brian White has committed to Utah
    =============== Arizona Wildcats (1-6) ===============
    Last week, Arizona lost 48-21 against UCLA (6-1).
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Eugene to face the Oregon Ducks (2-5).
    =============== Washington State Cougars (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Washington State won 42-32 against Oregon (2-5).
    This week, the Cougars travel to Corvallis to face the #2 Oregon State Beavers (7-0).
    =============== #3 Colorado Buffaloes (7-0) ===============
    Last week the Buffaloes were idle.
    This week, the Buffaloes will host #12 Utah (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Colorado targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) K Broderick Henry has committed to Hawai'i
    - (***) HB Mark Jones has committed to Colorado
    =============== #15 Washington Huskies (5-2) ===============
    Last week, Washington lost 34-10 against Cal (6-1).
    This week, the Huskies travel to Tempe to face the Arizona State Sun Devils (0-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Washington targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) ROLB Pierre Walker has committed to Washington

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

IrishBearcat I figured that big win would sway Bubba, was he visiting last week?

3. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

MurkYa21 I can play anytime today with the latest start time of 4pm est. Tomorrow I can play between 12p est and 5p est.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Hey noff, I can play today or tonight... I'm gonna be in a hotel soon. Tomorrow I'll be at MEPS all day so I gotta do tonight..

5. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

ok, just let me know. i cant play tonight or tomorrow at night since I work nights. If u can play before 4p est today that would be great I will check back.

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'm at the hotel now but I can't check into my room until 130-230 central...but I'll check back

7. IrishBearcat

Yup, everyone who committed did indeed visit. We've been battling for so many recruits, it's been kinda fun! You've won some, and so have I.

I'll be posting our game recap at work tonight.

8. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

ok sounds good. ill check back in 30 or so

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Maybe Tuesday I wont be able to play for atleast another hour or two. IrishBearcat it's okay if you put me on auto pilot.

10. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

sounds good. what times work for you on tuesday? as i posted between 12p-5pest would work for me.

11. IrishBearcat

Had an EPIC game against -Cougars- , will get that summary up once I'm at work as well.

Oshiomogho v Philstyle3005 will be the last game. Any update on a gametime?

12. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

13. IrishBearcat

Hopefully a live broadcast too! :)

14. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

kinda busy for a bit tonight. can you start at 10est?

15. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Can't really make a guarantee on that time, but I'll do my best to be available.

16. fuzzyl0gic

Let me know if you stream it!

17. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

10 est will work for me, I'll be on

• Like Like x 2
  18. IrishBearcat

Heart of a champion. I think if Oshio can throw less than 3 picks, he'll have a solid shot to win. That's a HUUUUUUUUGE IF though.

19. fuzzyl0gic

• Like Like x 1
  20. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Colorado 30
    Utah 10

Colorado gets a big home win, with some key recruits visiting over the Utes 30-10. Colorado started the game off with a pick 6, then forced a punt and added a field goal right before the end of the 1st. Unfortuantley, Utah took the kick back to the house, but it would end up being their only touchdown of the game. With a 10-7 lead, both teams would give the ball back and forth before Utah settled for a field goal to end the half to tie the game at 10. Colorado would make it's first mistake of the game though in the 2nd half and throw a pick rich to Utah to give them great field position at the 50. Utah, on a 3rd down (I believe), tried to throw a screen that was sniffed out by the linebacker, but the defensive line got to the QB before he could throw it and caused a fumble. It was a turning point in the game, and could have just been an incompletion possibly, but the defensive end picked the ball up and ran it in for a touchdown and got the 17-10 lead. Colorado would get the ball back and take it down for a field goal to go up 20-10. They would then pick a pass off, and score a touchdown on the drive to go up 27-10 with about 6 minutes remaining. They would later add a field goal, then pick off yet another pass with a little over 3 minutes left. They tried to run the clock out, and even kneeled 3 times, including on 4th down to try to finish the game because it was over instead of electing to kick a field goal to add more points. The coaching staff looked a little shocked when Utah came out and started calling plays, mixed with time outs to extend the game. The Buffaloes move to 8-0 on the season, and could possibly move up in the polls from their #3 ranking. The Colorado defense forced 4 turnovers and had 3 sacks on the day, and only allowed Utah to have 1 trip to the red zone, in with the Buffaloes forced a field goal.

21. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]
    GOLDEN BEARS SHOCK BRUINS
    [​IMG]
    WR Kaelin Clay scored a 74 yard touchdown on the first Cal offensive snap
    [​IMG]
    Similiar to the Washington rivalry, Coach IrishBearcat was a mere 1-2 against Coach Cougars (1-0 home, 0-2 away) and looked to even the rivalry to .500 with another home win. UCLA got the ball first and Cal's defense forced a quick 3 and out. Cal, on their very first offensive play of the game, hit WR Kaelin Clay for a 74 yard touchdown. Up 7-0 Cal's defense held UCLA to a field goal. The Bruins forced a punt, but OLB David Wilkerson intercepted UCLA QB Hundley and ran all the way back for a touchdown. Cal led 14-3, but UCLA responded quickly with a 68 yard touchdown run to Heisman contender Andrew Crenshaw right up the gut. Cal led 14-10 at the end of the first. The defenses stiffened greatly in the 2nd quarter, with the only points coming from UCLA's K Kip Smith to shortened the Golden Bear's lead to 14-13 at the half.
    The defenses continued to stay strong, and nobody scored any points in the third quarter. Both teams committed multiple turnovers but things began to heat up in the fourth quarter. After an interception was forced by UCLA, they went right over the top to WR Willie Griffin for a 54 yard touchdown. Down 14-20, Cal's QB Kyle Boehm threw his FOURTH interception of the game. HB Crenshaw punched it in on a 4 yard touchdown to give UCLA a 27-14 lead. It looked like the game was over for Cal.​
    A rally began for Cal. They benched QB Boehm for backup Marlon Davis. He responded better than any Cal supporter could've imagined! He marcehd the team right down the field and hit TE Adam Rivers on a 25 yard touchdown. Down 21-27, The Golden Bears defense was stopping the run and the Bruins looked rattled. They started throwing all over the field, but then Hundley was picked off! Cal went into hurry up mode, and Davis hit TE Adams AGAIN for another touchdown with :35 left in the game. Cal led 28-27, but the game was far from over with UCLA's explosive offense. UCLA got down to the 50 yard line with about :12 seconds left and 2 timeouts. After a few incompletions, :06 remained. UCLA chucked it up and the ball was batted down in the endzone, GAME OVER!!! Cal cameback to win at home, and Berkeley erupted in celebration.
    GG -Cougars-
    UP NEXT: WASHINGTON STATE

22. IrishBearcat

Chat was fun, everyone should pop in for these in the future when they can make it! :)