Week 10, Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mmullen8, Feb 2, 2012.

1. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

We advanced:

We move again, Saturday at 5pm ct

A pretty lame week of games....Scooter, Pro and I need wins really bad. Heath, mormon and Weave are rolling along pretty....

Game of the week: Kent State vs Temple

2. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

My game @ #12 Auburn isn't a big game?

3. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

your going to win by 25....try living like the rest of us

• Like Like x 1
  4. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Huge win for Tennessee today as we knock off USC east in OT 23-20. We played a damn good game today minus the two horrid picks by my QB.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Another heartbreaking loss for the Memphis Tigers, losing another Rivarly game on the road against USM with a final 38-35. Memphis trailed most of the game, only to take a 35-28 lead in the 4th after the second fumble return of the game for a td but two HUGE fumbles by former star HB Artaves Gibson and some more INTS and overthrows by the sophmore QB Jovan Chambers did the tigers in. Had a chance late, but it wasnt meant to be as the horrible offenseive line decided not to block anyone. This is why I love this game, every one has been a struggle this year, its been a blast, even if I am 2-6.

This pretty much does it for Memphis for the rest of the year. The injury to Jacoby Brissett will go down as the straw that broke this camels back. He comes back next week, and must win out to even think about a bowl game but it is highly inlikely.

Recruiting news, Memphis signs two more 3 stars including a smooth jazz singer named Omar Davis that will play SS and a Tackle who doenst look to be a complete loser. After the game, Coach Mullen really hit the recruit list with hopes to find that diamond in the rough QB....eyes locked on a new guy after asshole weave stole my last guy

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pro

Pro Walk On

Kent knocks off Temple 41-28.

Flashes head coach Andrew Profio knew he had a good runningback, he didn't realize he had two. "We knew we could count on Akise to be a star, but we had no idea about Adam Justice." Profio said. Well Justice and Akise Teague accounted for two touchdowns each and racked up a combined 278 yards on the ground, and the duo helped get the Flashes back up to .500 at 4-4 with a win in Philly.

Temple got on the board first when quarterback Shelton Anderson found wideout Robbie Anderson from 49 yards for the touchdown. Kent would immediately match the 7 points when quarterback Jordan Tarver found tight end Chris Hughes for a 34 yard touchdown strike. After true freshman star defensive tackle Riley Hills forced a fumble which was recovered by defensive Matt Hurd, the Flashes punched it in from 8 yards out when Teague found the endzone. Kent would make a 39 yard field goal early in the second quarter off the leg of Grant Cooper to give them a 10 point lead. The lead evaporated quickly when Aaron Skinner picked off a Tarver pass and returned it 70 yards for the touchdown. Cooper would convert another field goal for the Flashes, this time from 32 yards out. The score at halftime was 20-14 Flashes.

Owls runningback Scott Lowery would get things rolling in the third quarter, when he found the endzone for a 58 yard touchdown run. Kent would respond when Justice rammed the ball in for a 4 yard touchdown to give the Flashes the 27-21 lead. Early in the fourth quarter, Teague sprinted into the endzone from 58 yards out to push the lead up 13. Lowery would muscle in the ball from one yard to bring the Owls back within 6. Justice would put the final nail in the Owls coffin with his 10 yard touchdown run. The score gave us the final score of 41-28.

"I am extremely proud of our guys tonight. We fought hard to get back to .500 and are now just two games from being bowl eligible. We have games with Northern Illinois, Miami, a very good EMU team, and Ohio. We need to bring our A game just like we did tonight. Temple is a very good team at 6-2. I know their old head coach Goose very well and he is a talented recruiter. He didn't leave the cupboard bare." Profio said after the game

STATS

Jordan Tarver: 7/23 155 yards, 1 touchdown, 3 interceptions

Akise Teague: 32 carries, 236 yards, 2 touchdowns

Adam Justice: 8 carries, 48 yards, 2 touchdowns

Chris Hughes: 3 catches, 78 yards, 1 touchdown

Riley Hills: 3 tackles, 2 for loss, 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble

• Like Like x 2
  7. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

LSU Pummels Auburn 45-10.

I haven't turned over the ball in 3 games.
    Sets up HUGE game vs. #2 Alabama. Winner has total control of SEC West.

8. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

O i was wrong, you won by 35 points...

9. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I can't believe 8 of y'all played your games within the first 12 hours

• Like Like x 2
  10. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

sometimes its just not your day.

The mighty rajin cajuns of Louisiana Lafayette bent me over 49-13.

4 INTs, 5 sacks and a QB that went 10 for 36 will do that to ya! ouch.

we will rebound!

• Like Like x 1
  11. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

We've got the green light to move on bdub, meaning when Scooter is done...we move...no pressure

12. Goose

Goose Walk On

Douche I still play in this league when I can. You give me until the morning and I'll get my game in.

• Like Like x 1
  13. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

nothing to see here.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  14. Goose

Goose Walk On

Scratch that. I didn't realize I had an off week. I'll recruit right now.:oops:

• Like Like x 1
  15. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

foot...enter...mouth :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Goose

Goose Walk On

But the good news is my recruiting is done now.

17. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Sorry I was too busy kicking your ASS in words with friends to get my game in. Ill play tonight late.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Goose

Goose Walk On

I just put a good whoppin on Matty too. The dictionary must be on top of the bookshelf.

• Like Like x 3
  19. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

LOL!!!

20. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

yeah you 3 letter worded me to death