Week 10 SEC Showdown LSU vs, Alabama

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Week 10 SEC Showdown LSU vs, Alabama

[​IMG]

It doesn't get much better than this. This will decide the SEC West champion. Alabama's tide has continued to roll washing out 8 straight opponents. They have arguably the top college football player in the nation with Julio Jones. Not to be forgotten mark Ingram should be healthy and ready to carry the load. Star Jackson has been just that in Tuscaloosa.
    They come into this game as the #1 team in the nation. Can this storied program add another championship banner to the collection?

LSU has been simply dominant. They have put up scary numbers on offense. Charles Scott is playing like the top back in the nation. He will recieve Heisman votes. LSU had a slip up against Georgia but rebounded to kick a late FG to throw a wrench in the Gators plans. These two teams love to hate each other. LSU has to do it on the road but I'm sure some of Death Valley will make it's way to Bryant-Denny Stadium. It's #1 vs. #7.

Lee and Kirk pick LSU!

Ready fellas?????

2. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

YOU KNO IT!!!!

I can play anytime wed. let me kno.

3. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

So, UGA goes down! Will 'Bama go down this week? I'm sure Saban will have his guys pumped up and I think it's going to come down to Miles pulling off an amazing trick play FTW. I'm picking LSU in a close one if Scott can gash the Tide defense and keep 'em honest.

4. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Great write up, Sdid! Bama is ready!

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Roll Tide

Details I need details.

6. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Sorry for the late response!

The game was much closer than the 40 -16 score may indicate. Alabama controlled the first 3 minutes of the first quarter taking a 14 - 0 lead on a long methodical drive capped off by a 5 yard Mark Ingram TD run and a 22 yard interception return for a touchdown by Javier Arenas (the man that ran back the kickoff with 3 seconds to go in the South Carolina game)

However, coach Droweezy didn't let the Tigers panic. Using the fleXbox One, the Tigers were able use a strong running attack lead by Charles Scott to pretty much control the end of the first quarter and almost the entire 2nd quarter. Unfortunately, LSU was only able to come away with one Touchdown and 2 long field goals (55, 53). Alabama was able to gain some momentum going into the half with a few long passes to JULIO and some hard running by Mark Ingram. At the half, the score was 20 - 13 Alabama.

In the second half, the Alabama defense started to do a better job of containing the fleXbox One. LSU managed one long drive to start the 3rd, but had to settle for another field goal (36 yards). That would be the last time that LSU scored. Alabama would score the next 20 points on a long TD drive to end the third quarter and a 83 yard interception return by Woodall to pretty much ice the game.

Even though LSU lost, they were able to outgain Alabama 315 yards to 229 yards respectively. Also, the LSU defense held the vaunted Alabama offense to only 229 yards.

Key Stats -

Alabama:

QB Star Jackson - 10 for 15 for 189 yards and 1 int. (0 TD's)
    RB Mark Ingram - 25 attempts for 74 yards and 1TD
    WR Julio Jones - 4 catches for 97 yards (0 TD's :mad:)
    DB Javier Arenas - 6 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 Sack, 2 Ints, 1TD

LSU:

QB Jordan Jefferson - 10 for 22 for 185 yards and 2 Int's
    HB Charles Scott - 8 carries for 45 yards
    WR Chris Mitchell - 6 Receptions for 113 yards
    DE Rahim Alem - 8 Tackles, 4 TFL, 3 Sacks

Player of the Game - Javier Arenas

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Conratulations Alabama on clinching the SEC WEST!!!!!!!!!!