week 10 summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bcduggan, Nov 19, 2009.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

week 10 summaries

WKU 10 FAU 0

WKU had a scare in the game with Rainey their leading rusher and key component on offense suffering an injury. The abdominal tear kept him out of the game with speculation that he could be out until Ark State or even Pitt.

Offense played well enough to win. Simpson, Rainey's backup had the only TD of the game on a nice catch and run where he ran over a defender. Vasquez threw 2 ints to keep the game close.

Dwfwnse was stellar, forcing 1 int and keeping the FAU offense in check all game. FAU tried 2 FGs over 50 yards and both missed short.

2. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Coming off a heartbreak loss to MIAMI(OH) ... this was poised to be a let down game. A tough defense helped the Golden Flashes overcome adversity.

Kent State 38, Bowling Green 24

Kent State has hit a funk, mostly attributable to missing their 1st string star QB and 2 important receivers. Why we can't get the run game going is mystifying the coach.

Key Stats:
    *Kent State threw 4 INTs, including 2 that went for TDs.
    *KS threw for over 450 yards as they could get nothing going on the ground.
    *58yds rushing on 23 carries.

The game was much closer at the end then the score would indicate as Kent State kept getting in the way of itself.

3. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

No game for Tulane this week. The coaches are out on the recruiting trail and secured two commitments last week. Thats 3 so far, 2 3* and 1 4*. Its looking like Tulane will have to skip offseason recruiting as they will be at their limit if all sign. All current targets have the Green Wave as their #1 choice and a small class of 14 is expected.

4. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

#3 uab wins big game at home against Memphis. 38-17 was final score. Turnovers were the key to this game as he drove down and fumbled inside the redzone on the first drive. Uab got 3ints and 1 fumble this game. Forrest was the leading reciever but was held down to 5 rec 45yds 1 td this game. GG super

Miranda 12-14 150yds 1td 1int
    Forrest 5rec 45 yds 1 td
    Borne 26-128-1

Up next ucf

5. BG

BG On The Rize!

Nevada vs Hawaii

This is one of those games that doesn't deserve a huge write up. Nevada dominated both offensively and defensively in another convincing win for the Wolpack. The game was over by half as Nevada lead 42-10. All starters were pulled from the game with backups getting a lot of game time experience. Nevada outgained Hawaii 580-253; including a negative rushing yds performance for The Wolfpack (-14 yds).

Player of the Game for Nevada was as you may already know; C. Randall. He ran for 110 yds on just 13 car with 1 td. He also added 2 rec for 77 yds and 2 td's.

Nevada improves to 8-0(5-0) on the season and are currently ranked #4 in the latest BCS Bowl Ranking Poll. Next week, New Mexico St comes to town for a WAC Conference showdown.

Final Score:

Nevada-55

Hawaii- 17

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

That's defense right?

7. BG

BG On The Rize!

Not understanding what your refering to?

8. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Its UPSET CITY BABY!! Air Force knock off #20 LSU....

Air Force : 33
    LSU : 21

Air Force coach called this the biggest game of the season. If the Falcons were going to be taken for real, they would need to come up big in this game.

RB A.Clark would run the ball 16 times for 109 Yards and 1TD. It is the 6th time he has went over 100 Yards this season.... 3 of the 6 have been over 200. He would leave the game in the 4th Qtr with a Mild Concussion... but Freshman RB Getz would step in and run the ball 12 times for 77 Yards, and he was the key to collecting first downs on their final drive.

QB Jefferson had a good game, going 16/22 for 160 Yards with 1 TD passing and 1 TD rushing. His biggest achievement was not turning the ball over.

On the other side, LSU's QB Jefferson turned the ball over 3 times, as he felt the heat all game from the Air Force Stunt Blitzes. LSU RB R.Murphy had a good game, rushing 28 times for 217 yards... but he could not pick up big first downs in the closing Qtr.

Air Force now goes to 7-3 on the season, and they sit in 1st place at 5-1 in the MWC. They have rallied off 7 straight after their first 3 losses of the season and will play at New Mexico next week with a chance to lock up the MWC.

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Huge win Lee! Good job

10. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

what I put in bold in the previous quote, it says including a negative rushing yards performance by the Wolfpack (-14)

11. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Well i guess i may no longer be ranked that high. I guess sim the game i was up 35-14 3rd quarter and game froze. So i guess sim and if i lose i lose