week 10 summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by titangator, Oct 22, 2010.

1. titangator

titangator Walk On

Post em here... its a MUST!

2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Game Details
    [​IMG]vs[​IMG]

First Quarter

05:04 TD Oregon State Darrell Catchings WR #15 28 yard pass from Ryan Katz QB #12
    02:26 FG Oregon State Tony Alvarez K #18 31 yard field goal

Second Quarter

06:41 TD Oregon State Castro Masaniai DT #98 21 yard interception
    01:51 TD Oregon State Darrell Catchings WR #15 11 yard pass from Ryan Katz QB #12

Third Quarter

00:45 TD Arizona State Gerrell Robinson WR #8 3 yard pass from Brock Osweiler QB #17

Arizona State Oregon State

1st Downs 27 21
    3rd down efficiency 31.25 23.08
    4th down efficiency 0 0
    Total Yards 242 252
    Passing 170 126
    Completion Attempts 21 - 36 10 - 22
    Yards Per Pass 4.72 5.73
    Rushing
    Rushing Attempts 21 28
    Yards Per Rush 0 1.54
    Turnovers 2 2
    Fumbles Lost 1 0
    Interceptions Thrown 1 2
    Possession 12:51 15:09

Passing ATT Comp Yards TD Int
    Ryan Katz 22 10 126 2 2

Rushing ATT Yards TD Long
    Jovan Stevenson 21 62 0 16
    Joe Halahuni 1 1 0 1
    Ryan McCants 1 1 0 1
    Darrell Catchings 1 -5 0 0
    Ryan Katz 4 -16 0 4

Receiving Catches Yards TD Long
    Darrell Catchings 3 56 2 28
    Jovan Stevenson 3 28 0 32

3. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

After getting beat by the wood chuckers, I had to go to Autzen stadium to take on the Ducks. Knowing that they like to run the read option and no huddle , I blitzed their Ducktails all game...lol Unfortunatley they did they same and blew a lot of my runs up for no gain. Their secondary is young and I beat them in a lot of one on one plays. Final Score: #12 Washinton 38 - #10 Oregon 10 I believe

Btw, I was watching Gameday and I accidently threw a touchdown in the 4th quarter, I wasnt trying to run up the score. I just wasnt paying attention after I knew I was going to win lol.

4. titangator

titangator Walk On

Miss States welcomes in number 2 Alabama, CBS, first nationally televised game of the year for the Bulldogs!

"Today is about more than the west division race, it is about earning respect, me, the other coaches, and most importantly, the players feel we haven't gotten any respect at all this season and today we want to go out there and earn some" - Coach Hickerson as he led his team onto the field.

Kickoff around the corner.

5. titangator

titangator Walk On

Alabama fumbles the opening kickoff!!!!!! STATE BALL in the red zone!

6. titangator

titangator Walk On

1 play, TOUCHDOWN STATE!!!!!!

7-0 lead only 11 seconds into game!

7. titangator

titangator Walk On

2 Alabama 3 and outs.... 14-0 Miss State lead with 2 minutes left in 1st

8. titangator

titangator Walk On

HUGE SACK, another 3 and out...4th and 19, Miss State with nice punt return... will get ball at Bama 34! IM HYPED!

9. titangator

titangator Walk On

21 to 0!!!!!!!!!! Russell with his 3rd passing touchdown of the day!

10. titangator

titangator Walk On

Coach Saban's troops come out and fire back... 21-7

11. titangator

titangator Walk On

Halftime in Starkville, 21 to 17 lead.

Coach Hickerson going to the locker room:

"We came out fired up, and played well, then we got up 21-0 and we lost our intensity for a bit, Alabama has been down before, they know how to come back and they showed that there in the second quarter, we gotta find that fire again and play an inspired half of football, its gonna be fun."

12. titangator

titangator Walk On

oh no... Russell is out 3 weeks with strained back...its back to Relf who cant throw a 5 yard slant.... OMG lol

After 3 full.... MIss State leads 28 to 20

13. titangator

titangator Walk On

Down goes the TIDE!!!!!!! 35 20 Miss State upsets number 2 Alabama

14. alemic

alemic Walk On

nice win titan! good luck in the quest for the SEC title

15. alemic

alemic Walk On

#7[​IMG] @ [​IMG]
    Rutgers undefeated hopes stay alive
    [​IMG]
    This year has been one heck of a year for the Scarlet Knights. With a drive down to Florida to take on South Florida, they would carry with them a 7-0 record and dreams of a BCS game. On the way back home, they would be that much closer coming away with a huge victory with only 4 games left.
    This one was never even close, right from the start Rutgers jumped out to an early lead and never let the foot off the gas. In the second quarter they put up 17 points their only of the first half. Starting the second half down 17-0 South Florida wanted to make a comeback. They started the second half with a long drive and scored their only points of the game to make the score 17-7. Rutgers would put an end to any dreams with 2 more field goals and a touchdown.
    Final Score:
    Rutgers 30 USF 7
    Key Stats:
    Passing
    Tom Savage 4-10 72 yards 0 TD 0 INT
    Rushing
    Joe Martinek 38 attempts 200 yards 3 TD
    DeAntwan Williams 6 attempts 17 yards

16. titangator

titangator Walk On

Convinced?

Starkville, MS - Coach Hickerson's Bulldogs got the signature win every good college football team needs on Saturday, and they got it in a two touchdown convincing method over the number 2 team in the country. Mississippi State beat the Crimson Tide 35 to 20 to improve to 9-1 on the season and take the lead in the SEC west with only 2 SEC games remaining on their schedule against Arkansas and the Rebels of Ole Miss. "We needed this win, not only to take control of the west, but to get the respect we all deserve, this was our first game on national tv, and we had to go represent you know, said senior strong safety Charles Mitchell who led the team in tackles Saturday. The Bulldogs will surely be in the top 25 for the first time this year after a victory of this magnitude. "We should have been ranked for several weeks now, we play in the best conference in the country and we have only lost 1 game, if those polls come out and we are not in it, I will not be a happy man come Sunday night," said Hickerson. The win did cost the Bulldogs their starting quartberack for a few weeks however, "Tyler strained his back a little bit, he will not play at Arkansas next week, but we will use the bye week after that and evaluate his status from there for the Mississippi game, Chris came in and played well, made good reads, and played a solid 4th quarter against a top 5 defense in the country, he will start next week no doubt," said Hickerson. Relf was the starter to begin the season, but after a few inconsistent weeks of play, Russell got the starting nod and has not looked back.

17. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

Big win for Northwestern!

Northwestern (49) @ Ohio State (34)

This game went back and forth. The real story was big turnovers by the Buckeyes. Ohio State QB Bauserman threw two crucial INTs and a fumble by Herrion. Some credit has to be given to the defense. They gave up 34 points but got takeaways when they had to. The time of possession was dominated by the Buckeyes' offense 19:49 to the Wildcats' 8:11. As a result the Northwestern defense was (like most games) was on the field A LOT. Another close win. The Wildcats (7-2, 5-1) have a way to go.

18. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

Awesome victory TITAN!!

19. titangator

titangator Walk On

opportunistic d coach strm.... was ohio state not ranked?

20. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

OSU was #17. This season has been a heck of a turn around from last year (4-8, 2-6). Got a ways to go though. I'm average at best in this league.

21. slim

slim Walk On

Baylor 35
    Texas Tech 31 (the game replaced my win over Texas 2 weeks ago as my #1 game).

Breakfast with the Bears
    Reporter: Coach, you came away with a hardfought win where your defense finally showed some kinks in the armor. What was going through your mind in that wild 4th quarter?
    Coach Slim: Wow, crazy. I have to give Texas Tech a lot of credit, they came out firing and it took us almost 2 quarters before we could even slow that offense down. We came in with a plan to blitz them off the field and they just kept finding holes in our secondary. If we don't force that fumble we're likely down 17-0 but I have to give credit to our guys for continuing to fight and make plays.

Reporter: It was a big day for your offense with Florence passing for over 300 yards, 2 wrs going for 100+, and Williams once again getting 100 yards on the ground. What's sparking this offense right now?
    Coach Slim: I think it's just guys finally learning their assignments and playing within the system. We've got 11 guys out there on the same page, each fighting for each other, and picking each other up. If you check out some of Williams' big runs from the last weeks you'll see our WRs throwing devastating blocks. You can't teach that kind of tenacity.

Reporter: Next week is Oklahoma. Are your guys ready?
    Coach Slim: Haha I sure hope so. I guarantee they won't overlook us like they did last year. I think our guys are excited to show what they can do to a national tv audience.

Reporter: Coach, i understand you guys have declared yourselves champions of some sort. Care to elaborate?

Coach Slim: At the beginning of the year we wrote out our goals. One of them was to be the best team in Texas. We've knocked off TCU, Texas, and now Texas Tech so I feel pretty confident that we can declare ourselves the Champions of Texas. If North Texas or SMU have a problem we'd love to settle it on the field next year. Just kidding. But seriously it brings a certain swagger to our team and you can see it in recruiting too. Those big time high school recruits are going to start taking a serious look at Baylor and that's how you build a championship caliber program.

Reporter: Thanks again for your time coach. Good luck next weekend.

22. titangator

titangator Walk On

good stuff slim, cant beat perimeter blocking..

23. slim

slim Walk On

thanks titan. yeah, it's nice finally having a running back who can get to the edge and doesn't look like he's running in mud.

24. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

Turnovers doom Seminoles
    Wolfpack silence critics.
    #3 NCSU-42
    #4 FSU-17

If you commit 6 turnovers you usually won't win, and that's exactly what Florida State did when they played the Wolfpack in Tallahassee. 5 fumbles and one interception. Two fumbles on punt returns and both were taken to the house. (Look on the website at the replays, I tried to capture most of the turnovers. Was just silly.)

25. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

MSU 52 - U of I 49

How do you know when your offensive line is overmatched? When you spend your entire game hitting your RB with dump passes and slants because MSUs end are sitting on your quarterbacks face. I didn't respect MSU coming in to the game, and they punished me with over 300 yards of rushing. The Illini put up 25 yards rushing against the MSU defense going down 14-0 almost immediately. Luckily, sure handed senior HB Jason Ford was able to take multiple check down passes to the house, with a long reception of 86 yards. Unfortunately for the Illini, they could not stop MSU on practically any possession that they had, and the clock ran out before they had chance to overcome the Spartans.