Season 1 Week #10: Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HackGolfer, Jul 26, 2012.

1. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

[​IMG]

2. BG

BG On The Rize!

Clemson Wins Again
    The Tigers pull away in the second half to keep current streak alive!
    [​IMG]
    DEATH VALLEY- The Clemson Tigers keep their winning streak in tact with a 41-21 victory over the Syracuse Orangemen. Despite giving up a lot of yardage in the contest, The Tiger defense, led by CB Bashaud Breeland and his 2 ints, one of which he returned for a touchdown, scored twice on the day and held Syracuse on third down conversions down the stretch. Clemson QB Tahj Boyd has seen better days threw the air, but was able to help his squad by gaining over 100yds on the ground with a score. Up next for Clemson, The Maryland Terrapins

• Like Like x 1
  3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

GOING TO THE SHIP​
    [​IMG]
    MR. BOSTIC LEADS THE GATORS TO THE SEC EAST CROWN AND A TRIP TO ATLANTA​
    The Florida Gators disposed of the Missouri Tigers to win the SEC East crown. They had not a blemish in the SEC East this season and will go to Atlanta to fight for a BCS birth. The Gators got what has become the average day from Jacoby Brissett with 3 TD passes and 1 Interception. He was able to hit Hammond, Debose, and Pittman for scores. The gator defense was tough sacking James Franklin a ton as the screen and scramble game was not working for the Tigers. Bostic had another double digit tackle effort along with a big sack early on. Shariff Floyd added insult to injury with a late sack for a safety.​
    The Gators take on ULL from the SunBelt in week 11. ​
    Gators win​
    30-17​

• Like Like x 2
  4. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Iowa squeaks out another close win in the final minute
    I don't know if it is for pleasure, heartache or stress, but the Hawkeyes have become the cardiac kids as of late. The past few weeks have had some close ones, and this weeks game against Indiana was no different.​
    The game opened quick with a KO return TD from Jordan Canzeri. With Bullock still feeling the effects of his broken ribs, Canzeri is still on KO duty. Hopefully next week will have Bullock back returning again. That was all of the scoring until late in the 2nd quarter when Indiana went with a tried and true fake punt on 4th down to catch the expectant Iowa defense for a 54yd TD rumble. The upback took the snap and went untouched for the TD. This would not be the last of the fake punt shenanigans. Iowa quickly answered back with a Zach Derby 75yd TD catch. Derby has been a big contributor of late, stepping up big in the last three games. A quick 3 and out forced an Indiana punt, and Iowa took the ball at the 50. A couple incomplete passes lead to a third down attempt. Indiana had been hard on the snap count and bringing the house. A make or break call on a screen to Canzeri ended up paying out. Jordan took it in for 6 to put Iowa up 21-7 at the half.​
    Indiana opened up the scoring on their second drive of the 3rd quarter. A long sustained drive set them up for a Roberson keeper. This drive would have never made it this far had the punter not had a more accurate arm than my own QB though. Another fake punt, this time a pass play, that I was actually lined up in a 4-3 defense for, killed me on the drive. Iowa answers back to close the quarter and put the lead back to 28-14. The 4th quarter was nothing but fireworks for the Hoosier squad. A 44yd FG then back to back pick 6's set Indiana in front, 29-28. The Hawkeyes successfully stopped both 2pt conversion attempts, but the damage was done. The lead was gone. Three and a half minutes to secure a win. The offense moved well, almost too well. We got down inside the 10 with a minute to play, and Indiana starts burning TO's to save clock. I think this is the first time I have ever seen that from the CPU. Glad they fixed that. 3rd and goal from the 7 with a stopped clock and :55 remaining. Need a TD, a FG is not much security. Canzeri goes off the left tackle and carries the safety into the end zone. The lead is 34-29 Iowa, pending the 2pt conversion. Jacob Hillyer comes through with the tough catch and Iowa leads by 7. Need a defensive stop. Indiana goes into blow up mode, a draw, a screen, and 18 seconds left before they burn a TO. Deep ball for the 1st down, then a sack and the game is finally over. Iowa wins another tight one to put their record at 9-0, and keep themselves in the B1G hunt.​
    I firmly believe my wife will find me dead, sprawled on the floor after one of these games, blood gushing out of my neck because my carotid just decided to explode. I can't say it has not been exciting.​
    IowaIndiana2012.png
    IowaIndianaStats2012.png

• Like Like x 2
  5. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Panthers D Shutdown GT Option Game

[​IMG]
    Another good game was played by the Panthers to keep their shot at a 6-6 season alive. The first scores would not happen till the 2nd quarter as Ray Graham would get a 1 yard TD run to put Pitt up by 7. The next score would also be by the Panthers. It would be a FG as time expired to put out to a 10-0 at halftime. The next score would be made possible by a fumble on the GT 8 yard line. 30 seconds after the fumble Sunseri the other Graham that is Hubie for a 3 yard TD. 17-0 at the end of the third quarter. In the final quarter Pitt would get a FG to extend the lead. The Panthers D would backoff and let GT pick up their only score of the game on a 53 yard TD pass. In this game Ray Graham would finally go over 100 yards this is a very good sign for the Panthers if he can keep it up.
    Final Score:
    [​IMG] 7
    [​IMG] 20
    Play of the Game
    The big fumble! Ignore that the ball went through the QB lol

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  6. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Terrapins Rally From 21 Down
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Player of the Game: QB CJ Brown - Maryland - 12/24, 207 Yards, 1 TD, 3 INT, 16 Car, 178 Yards, 1 TD​

• Like Like x 1
  7. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

THANKS, HERE'S YOUR CHECK
    Vols Blast Troy for Homecoming, 43-7
    [​IMG]
    The Vols ran their record to 5-3 (2-3) with a drubbing of visiting Troy. The offense rode the legs of Marlon Lane and Rajon Neal who both ran for 120+ yards. The defense was stout, only giving up a TD when the backups were in. Tennessee returns to SEC East action next week with Missouri Tigers coming to Knoxville.
    [​IMG]