Week 10: Vikings-38 vs Lions-33

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Week 10: Vikings-38 vs Lions-33

The Lions rolled into Minny looking to knock the Vikings off of their undefeated perch. It almost happened folks. This game had numerous lead changes and more turnovers than either team wanted in a 4 game stretch muchless one.

The Vikings opened the scoring when veteran CB Champ Bailey jumped a Calvin Johnson post route in the endzone and returned it 104 yds for the score.The Lions capped the 1st qtr scoring with a Jason Hanson 34yd FG. Vikes-7 Lions-3

The Lions opened up the 2nd qtr with a 63yd strike to his favorite target, Calvin Johnson.Vikings answered back when Farve hit WR Greg Lewis on a slant route vs man coverage,broke a tackle and took it to the house from 73 yds out. The 2nd qtr scoring continued with a Vikings FG and another pick 6 by Champ Bailey. The Lions would not go quietly as they added 2 Stafford TDs to close out the 1st half. Lions-24 Vikes-24

The 3rd qtr was all Vikes as they added 2 A.Peterson rushing TDs. Vikes-38 Lions-27

Both teams went back and forth turning the ball over in the fourth and the Lions added a last minute TD but failed on the 2 point conversion and failed on the onside kick attempt.

Vikings-38
    Lions-33

Stat of the Day:
    9 total Ints thrown in this game. 6 by Stafford and 3 by Farve.Add to that 2 fumbles by each team for a total of 13 turnovers. Gotta be somekind of record.

MVP-Champ Bailey, 2 Ints,2 TDs

Stafford, M. 27-49 6Ints 4TDs 466yds
    Lions 39 total rushing yards

Farve 10-21 3Ints 1TD 198yds
    Peterson 95rushing yards 2 TDs

Great game Branden. Like I said on psn, major props to you on giving the much better rated team a great game. Your offense is special. GL rest of year.(y)

2. Branden

Branden Walk On

Heck of a game!!!!!!! Stafford outduels favre Megatron has the best game of the season AND THE LIONS STILL FIND A WAY TO LOSE!!! 6 INTS didnt help but at least i finally got my passing game going. heck of a game Sainta and good luck to you too!

The Vikings are who we thought they were!