Week 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bravejaf, Apr 3, 2010.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Week 10

Games still to play:
    #4 Alabama (Dakota) vs. Vanderbilt (CPU)
    #3 Iowa State (Knight) vs. Nebraska (CPU)

Couple big games this week. Ohio State/Penn State game should go down tomorrow. Oklahoma State/Texas may be played later today. I know Knight (Iowa State) won't be back till Sunday night, so Monday is probably earliest possible advance.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Penn State jumped out to an early lead in the first quarter but the tides changed in the second quarter. The key for the game was an injury to Ohio State starting back Jamal Berry. In his place Carlos Hyde came in and brought a power run style to the Buckeye attack. Penn State's small front seven had trouble bringing down the mammoth Hyde and he led Ohio State down the field for several touchdowns. Hyde finished with 175 yards rushing and he averaged 5.7 yards per carry.

Another big player for Ohio State was senior cornerback Travis Howard. Howard picked off 2 passes, both when Penn State was driving for touchdowns. In the second half the defensive line took over and dominated the Penn State offense. PSU QB Newsome had a rough time in the second half and he found himself on the ground most plays.

Good game Dru. You just did not have the personnel to match my team. You also may have won the game if you didn't remind me to continue running the ball.

Ohio State 34
    Penn State 17

3. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Florida- 59
    Ole Miss- 7

Florida dominated in ever way in this game as QB Reed threw 5 TDs and no picks. The rebel pass game never got off the ground as they went 5-27 combined for the game for just 77 yards but no tds and 3 picks. The rush offense never got off either as they barely passed the 100 yard mark for the game, not passing 200 in total offense.

4. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Ill get mine in tomorrow after school. Long weekend with the kids, so damn tired.

5. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Yeah, looking back on it, reminding you to not give up on the run when I was up 10-3 probably turned out to be a big mistake. I think you would have figured it out eventually.

Great game brave, that may be the most helpless I've ever felt playing defense. Your OL just opened gaping holes on nearly every running play, and it's hard to win when you give up 6-8 yards a carry. My offensive philosophy went out the window because I felt like I needed to score on every possession to have a chance to win. My OL did me no favors, whoever #84 on your DL is needs to go pro, my LT acted like he already had.

Good luck in the national title game (I'm assuming this win will help you get there).

6. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

He has to get by Clemson first. Coach Papa has already came out on top before against the Buckeyes with a worse team. My running back, who just came off a 250 yard game, is looking to have a big game against it's top ranked opponents which include FSU, OSU, and my boys in T-town, Alabama.

7. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

#5 Oklahoma St. 40
    #14 Texas 21

This was a nice back and forth user game, both teams picked up yards in big chunks, the difference was turnovers, as we forced 4 fumbles and picked Gilbert 3 times. GG man, good luck the rest of the way.

8. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Good game man. That first half killed me. I'll get you next season.

9. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Michigan - 45
    Michigan St. - 14

The Wolverines played their first complete game since whipping USC in Week One.
    The defense actually stopped the pass decently and Denard Robinson accounted for all four Offensive TDS as the Defense and Special Teams contributed two.

10. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

We're advancing this afternoon. Get your stuff in.

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Noles and Dakota are last games remaining.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

cmon guys...second week i've noticed we are past deadline...get your games in...making us wait is boooooring

13. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Dakota is the only one...

Iowa State wins a close one 41-38

14. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Sorry boys......rough weekend for me. Worked Saturday, Easter Sunday and opening day yesterday.

Bama 56
    Vandy 24

Vanderbilt, like so many SEC teams, brought the blitz on every down. No need for a deep safety.........Well, they got their asses handed to em.

15. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

same here...

traveled thursday, played friday rain out saturday played Easter got back around midnight played monday...