Week 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bamagrad, Oct 31, 2010.

1. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

All go in here...

2. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Hawaii loses a Tough Game 42-36.

Hawai'i- The Warriors came up completely ready for revenge, last yr they lost 24-14 to Boise St. and that was on the minds of the players coming into this week. Hawaii lost the toss and Boise elected to defer to the 2nd half. Hawaii did nothing but throw a pick and Boise had Mojo, Then Moore found his wr jackson and a 7-0 Boise Lead. Hawaii was held on downs and punted and Boise was driving to the 10 yrd line, when Moore connected with his reciever and right at the goalline fumbled the ball and hawaii recovered. Then Hawaii (with the home crowd going crazy) Drove the ball down and scored as Moniz found Avery for a 14 yrd td pass and the game tied at 7-7 with the 1st quarter ending.

2nd Quarter began with Boise driving (using short passes) then was held and the boise kicker missed the FG Twice. (def was offsides the 1st time) Then Hawaii using their patened passing game drove the ball down and Moniz found his TE Moore for 3 yrds and a 14-7 Hawaii Lead. Boise not to be outdone drove it and Moore found his Wr Wright and the game was tied again 14-14. Then Hawaii drove the ball down as the half was winding down Moniz found Pollard from 31 yrds out and a 21-14 Hawaii lead. Boise also showing the quick offense scored with seconds remaining and a 21-21 HT Game.

2nd Half Began with Boise getting the ball and driving down with ease, and Moore found his reciever Martin and a 28-21 Boise Lead. Then after Both teams had drives and punting the ball on each drives, Hawaii found its groove and Moniz was finding his Wr with ease. Then Moniz found Avery again on a quick slant and Hawaii scored again. This time CoachGrad went for 2 and Moniz threw to Avery for the 2-pnt conver. and a 29-28 Hawaii Lead, as the 3rd Quarter wound down.

4th quarter began with Boise driving again and this time Moore found Martin again for a Boise TD and Then Boise also went for 2 and failed and Boise then lead 34-29. Hawaii then drove the Length of the field and Moniz found Avery for the 3rd Time and a Hawaii took back the Lead 36-34. Boise then went on a Clock Killing drive and the drive stalled and Boise went for the FG, Hawaii called their last TO to freeze the kicker and Boise's Kicker missed the FG as the Stadium went Crazy. Then CoachGrad realized that Boise had all their TO left and decided to try and convert FD's and make Boise burn their TO to stop the clock. That went terribly wrong and Moniz threw his 3rd INT and then Boise had Mojo back. Boise drove it down to the 3 yrd line then Moore called his own number as Boise scored with 22 seconds left to take the Lead 42-36.

Hawaii Tried to get back down the Field and Got a couple of FD's due to Boise playing Prevent then Moniz tried to Throw the Hailmary and it was batted down as Boise remains alive in the WAC.

CoachGrad had this to say to his players afterward. "Guys u left everything on the field and it still wasn't enough, all i can say is Boise is the Luckiest MF'ing team alive to just barely get out of here alive. We will get this team soon enough their luck can't continue forever. I'm proud of everyone on this team, No-one gave this team a chance to try and compete for 1st place in the WAC and we will win it one of these seasons."

No doubt that this game decides the WAC already as Nevada will clinch if they win either next week or vs Hawaii in 2 weeks. The last 2 Games Hawaii has played have been Classics. losing to La.Tech 64-63 in ot and losing to rival Boise 42-36.

Moniz was 24-39 for 416 yrds and 5 TD's and 3 INT's
    Pollard was the leading reciever with 223 yrds and 1 Td.
    Avery caught 4 for 58 yrds and 3 Td's
    TE Moore caught 3 for 33 yrds and 1 Td.

3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    LA Tech Barely loses to the #1 Auburn Tigers. Cameron was again on fire, but when Lennon Creer went out with injury in the 4th quarter, the backup dipstick HB fumbled the ball inside the 10 yard line. The Bulldogs came only a few yards to win what would have been one of the biggest upsets ever.

4. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Bare with me for 3 more weeks gentlemen.The summaries will be back as they were when i started.These 88 hour weeks are melting my brain can't wait till November 22nd when they end.Great work gents keep up the good work.

5. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

I know what you mean... we just had our recrutiing drive so I have been doing interviews non-stop for three straight days. I will post a summary of Colorado's beat down of my Aztecs.