Week 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by trutest, Oct 8, 2009.

1. trutest

trutest Walk On

Week 10

Post game summary here

2. Romoisajedi

Romoisajedi Walk On

Bears Brutalize 49ers

In Hercs debut,

the Bears waltz into Candlestick park and make it look easy,

40-7,

seemed like every pass thrown by a 49ers QB was picked, gotta give credit to the bears d though,

our first game went until the 4th quarter and 49ers down 8 points, but disconnected, I wish we had been able to finish that one :p

gg Herc,

welcome to SMFL consider this your gift ;)

3. Herc

Herc Walk On

Yeah I honestly felt bad for you.
    The first game was much closer. I was up 8 early in the 4th and just made 49ers fumble again and took it to their 20 yard line. 49ers challenged, it showed the play and than BANG, we both booted. It was a fumble by the way as in the replay it showed the ball loose before your player hit the ground.

2nd game was just crazy! Out of the 10 INT's I caused 5 cause I knew pretty much where 49ers where gonna pass cause of our first game. The other 5 was just 49ers Qb's poor accuracy, especially on the lobs, every lob was overthrown right to my Cb's hands.
    In all honesty everything did go Bears way except for 1 fumble by Forte and all the damn holding penalties I got, like 3 in a row.

Tough luck romo, next time im sure it will be much closer.

(btw, 8 minutes no acc. clock takes forever! especially when you have 2 play the game 2x)

4. Romoisajedi

Romoisajedi Walk On

yeah, sorry for being so bitter...

I was just frustrated as all hell, one on one coverage Nate Vasher must've taken 3 balls away from Crabtree,

all credit goes to bears D, forcing bad throws, Tommie Harris is a beast, and once I was down I got away from the run and the picks kept coming..

I'm looking forward to next week, gotta get this bad taste out of my mouth,

ick...

good luck, looks like you should be fav in the north...

5. Romoisajedi

Romoisajedi Walk On

p.s.

my bad on the game taking so long, it takes twice as long with one desperate team throwing every play becuase they are down 28-0,

so the slow game play was my bad,

I felt at least our first game went much faster when Gore had 20 carries and 3 td's going into the 4th ;)

6. hurdrs123

hurdrs123 Walk On

The Ravens took command of the AFC North on the back of their nearly perfect D and great special teams in a 24-3 win over Cleveland.

The stage was set early after the Ravens opened up going 3 and out. On the punt J.T. Walsh crushed Josh Cribbs causing a fumble which Samari Rolle returned for a T.D. The Browns where able to move the ball somewhat, but where unable to punch it in all night. A major factor may have been Chad Pennington being knocked out of the game with Jamarcus Russel coming in to replace him.

Joe Flacco was shutdown being sacked as many times as he completed passes (5), but the run game step it up with Ray Rice going over 100 yards with a score.

Player of the game was Haloti Nagata who had 2 sacks and 2 forced fumble. The Ravens are now 6-3 and heading home to take on the struggling Colts.

7. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Seattle tops Cards

On the heels of a poor showing by the RL Boston Redsocks. Keith and the Cards hosted Seattle.

Cards win the toss and receive, a nice Breaston return would setup the cards for a promising drive but it would end after just 3 plays, as Warner threw deep to Fitzgerald and was picked by FS Grant who made 2 nice moves, got a perfect block and scooted 69 yards for the opening 6.

7-0 Seattle.

Rackers adds a FG after cards next drive stalled at the 20.

End of 1. 7-3 Visitors.

Seattle controlled the 2nd quarter with a nice drive, getting Key 3rd down conversions from TE Carleson and Houshmanzadeh on his way to a career day.

Hawks cash in from the 10 as Hasslebeck finds TJ open in Zone coverage. Houshmanzadeh holds on in spite of a vicious hit at the goalline.

14-3 Seattle.

Seattle would get the ball back with under 4 minutes to go, and make it into scoring range but an untimely Holding call stalled them and they settled for the Sure 3, with the possession arrow in their favor after half.

Halftime Score: 17-3 Seattle.

3rd quarter opening drive for Seattle and Carlos Dansby vaporizes Hasslebeck on a late hit that was uncalled. (Ok i never saw the hit, ball was out and all of a sudden Hasslebeck is on his ass rolling around like a girl.) Out for the game.

Replaced by his backup 69 OVR Seneca Wallace. man I though Kieth was gonna get me then, i was really struggling to run and made the decision to try and batten the hatches and hang on.

But Warner was uncharasteristically innacurate and several Cards receivers had major drops, Bolden dropped a ball in his chest with no one around, it was sick.

late in the 3rd Wallace engineers a drive and gets them to the 25. 3rd and long, facing blitz, I thought that I could make the corner with Walace and if i got by the Blitzing LB I might make the first-down. But Keith brough the house from all over, I was full sprint and saw a man come free, I mean Wallace was back to the line running for his life. and I hit the button for some dumb reason, and somehow, wallace got it off. and just over the wall of blitzers. backup HB Boyd filling in for the injured Justin Forsett, made an amazing catch and fell down, just across the line. on the next play Wallace would hit Slot man Dieon Branch for a TD. his 2nd in as many games.

24-3. Seattle. End of 3.

Passing time for Arizona, no choice at that point, down 3 scores. Kerney got his second sack, and Warner throws his 2nd pick, this time to SS Babineaux.

Setting up a possible long clock killer for Seattle but the cards held up and forced a 3rd and 4. with 6 minutes to play. Wallace to Houshmanzadeh on a short hook route in single coverage, 46 D, safety was in run support. Housh breaks a tackle on the reception and with his 82 speed makes it in from 69 yards out. barely missed being caught from behind.

that was the end of the scoring. Trufant would pick Warner one more late, and fall down to end the game.

GG keith, I need to stop winning late in the season, I'm ruining my draft picks.

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Nothing for me to say except that I got beat fair and square. Russell played ok so I don't think that was the main factor. Not fair catching that punt and getting it housed on me was a bitch, especially early in the game. The Ravens D is great. That's a bad matchup for me. Hopefully next week I can make up some ground in the North, but playoffs are still the goal.

GG Hurdis. See you next year hopefully not again this year!

9. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Saints 27 Rams 10

The Saints defeated the Rams 27-10 behind a very accurate day from Brees. He didn't have a single pass hit the ground in 17 attempts, completing 16 and having 1 intercepted.

Brees finished 16-17 for 157 yards and 3 TDs. Thomas led the Saints' rushing attack with 128 yards on 22 attemts, but a fumble on the Rams' 1-yard line kept them in the game. Colston was the leading receiver with 57 yards on 5 catches including a 21 yards TD. Brees' 16 completions went to 8 different receivers. Will Smith had 2 sacks, while Porter and Sharper both had interceptions for the Saints' D.

For the Rams, Bulger was 9 of 18 for 116 yards and 2 INTs. Jackson was the leading rusher with 31 yards on 6 attempts. Atogwe led the defense with 6 tackles and a forced fumble. Witherspoon picked off a Brees pass. The Rams did not a a sack on the day.

Total Offense
    Saints: 322
    Rams: 182

Rushing
    Saints: 165
    Rams: 80

Passing
    Saints: 157
    Rams: 102

Turnovers
    Saints: 2
    Rams: 3

3rd Down Conversions
    Saints: 8/10
    Rams: 1/4

Saints: 20:35
    Rams: 11:25

10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Titans 66
    Bills 21

Got my ass handed to me by the titans. If you want to know more, he can tell you.