Week 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by tankwillis, Oct 23, 2009.

1. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Week 10

I'm out for 10 days - but before I leave I wanted to give props to scared for kicking the shart out of me.

2. wolf0994

wolf0994 Walk On

Cardinals hosted the Seahawks in a close game.

Story of the game passing games dink n dunks were open most of the game as both QB's had great comp % and ratings. However the run D was stout, especially on the seahawks side. I couldnt do a thing against him with my run.

Final scorew 20-13 Seahawks. Congrats my friend and GL in your season.

PS... those screens are killer. I wasn't even blitzing on all but 1 of em.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Gool luck the rest of the way. It was a pretty crazy ending as it looked like I had it won trying a 38 yard field goal to make it a 10 point game with 1:30 left. . .and i missed it wide right!!! Wow! Cardinals had no timeouts left or we might still be playing.

Very solid ball control game. Housh and Breaston had their ways against the zone defenses.

4. scared46

scared46 Walk On

Week 10 Lions travel to Minnesota and what would be a unbelieveable game by the Lions. First touch of the ball Rookie WR Y. Figurs take the KR to the house on 100yd return. From that point on the Lions were making TDs by passing/running/defense. Before Vikings knew it Lions were up 30-10 at the half. Second half was just about the same for the Lions we couldn't do anything wrong (paid the madden gods off :p ) forcing 7 turnover and a good game by M. Stafford 19/14 1 int 2 tds' 325yds. Running game for the Lions had one big run of 81 yds by Rookie RB Brown and beside that the running game was dead.

Side note, the Vikings are a tough team and I am just glad to ge a win in Minnesota and start to make a push for maybe a playoff run?..dunno but, this was a good start. GG Tank and best of luck to you bud.

Final Score
    Lions 54
    Vikings 17

5. Thelou

Thelou Walk On

Rams finally get a win over a non-CPU controlled team. The Rams defense was the big story of the game as they came away with 4 picks, 2 returned for TDs, 3 by MLB Bailey and 1 for CB Bartell. Baileys picks were huge as 1 gave the Rams the lead and 1 was in the endzone for a touchback to kill the Seahawks late rally. The offense for the Siants drove the ball downfield on the ground behind Bush and Thomas. Drew Brees was the key in this game as his picks allowed the Rams to stay close and take the lead and get the win. Final score Saints 20, Rams 24.

GG Schott and gl the rest of the way.

6. gt86

gt86 Walk On

THe Cowboys would travel in week 10 and play the Cpu Packers. It would take everything the Cowboys could muster to get the win in this game as the Packers passing offense was pretty much unstoppible. The Boys would score first with a Fg to take an early 3-0 lead, just to watch the Packers throw slant after slant down the field and score a Td on a 2 yd pass from Rodgers to Driver. The Packers would add two Fg's in the 2nd qtr to push their lead to 13-3 at halftime. The Cowboys would get a greatly needed spark on the opening kickoff of the 2nd half when Felix Jones would return his 4 kickoff back for a Td this one from 97 yds away to get the Boys closer 13-10. After the Cowboys defense stopped the Packers offense the Cowboys offense would get the ball back just to have Felix Jones fumble the ball and have the fumble returned 21 yds for a Td by Al Harris. That mistake looked to be the back breaker for the Cowbosy with the lead back to ten points for the Packers 20-10. The Cowboys defense would step up though later in the qtr when Cb O'neal would pick off a Rodgers pass to which setup a Jones 6 yd Td run to get the Cowboys closer 20-17.

Once again the Packers passing offense would answer with with the 3rd qtr quickly running out when Rodgers would hit Jennings in stride for a 67 yd Td pass and run. Now in the 4th qtr the Cowboys offense started pressing a little more and started to go to the passing game more and more, Tony Romo and his receivers would answer the call. First he would hit rookie Wr Ogletree for a 14 yd Td pass to get the score to 27-24. Again Rodgers and the Packers passing game answers right back this time on a Td pass to Driver from 15 yds out to push the Packers lead back to ten points 34-24. The Cowboys defense would finally stop the bleeding after that and the Tony Romo would go to work with 5:30 left in the game. He would drive the team down the field to set up a 1 yd Td run by Marion Barber with 4:43 left in the game. After another force 3 and out by the Cowboys defense the offense would drive down the field and tie the game up at 34-34 with a Fg with 2:16 left. The defense would step up once again and stop 3 runs by the Packers and give the ball back to the Cowboys offense with just under 2 mins to play. Tony would move the team down the field while also using as much clock as he could to setup a 18 yd game winning Fg with 2 secs left in the game to give the Cowboys a hard faught win 37-34.

Highlights

67 yd Td pass from Rodgers to Jennings

21 yd fumble return for a Td by Al harris

98 yd Kickoff return for a Td by Felix Jones

7. I-ROD

I-ROD Walk On

Tampa Bay @ Miami

The battle of the Floridian's wook place at Landshark Stadium where the 1-7 Buc's looked to get back on Track but the Fish spoiled the party.

Dolphins pounded the ground game and Pennington made the throws when needed to move the chains. Buc's would close the gap late with in 6 but the Dolphins D stepped up when needed and seal the win.

QB Freeman had a throw which I know was going to be picked but WR Bryant caught it and in for the score on a 55 yard pass and the 17 yards after the catch. Was amazing to watch!!

Final
    Buc's 24
    Phins 30

GG JCQuick, those long throws had you in the game!

8. scarface

scarface Walk On

Bears win in Frisco,
    Coach Gaddy was running and passing all over the Bears and were able to control the clock with having the ball over 21 minutes, But the Bears were able to hang in there thanks to Hester and a kick return TD and 2 INT returns for TD's.
    The Bears would mount only one scoring drive in the 4th qtr and it was the difference as the Bears were able to hang on and steal a win.

GG Gaddy.

9. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Two close losses against the top two teams is not a good picture to paint.

gg scar

10. Kan

Kan Walk On

The Skins and Broncos would fight it out in a tough matchup. Both teams would feel eachother out for the first half. Playing hot potato with the football, each defense would play tough and force turnovers.

The Broncos would get on the board first with a touchdown to go up 7-0. The Skins would respond with two touchdowns in a row, but the Broncos would score a tying touchdown just before the half for the tie 14-14 at intermission.

The Skins defense would settle down more in the second half forcing some big turnovers. They would also have a big stop on 4th and one at their own 38 on a qb sneak. They would get a screen pass to Marcus Mason for the 21-14 lead and then after the big stop on 4th, Warrick Dunn would come out of the backfield for a 60 yard touchdown.

The Broncos would get a late touchdown in the fourth to make it close, but Dunn would eat up the clock to end the game.

gg adross

11. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

Division battle between the Panthers and Falcons. The Bluecats would get the ball first and Steve Smith would score on a 35 yard touchdown. They would score again in the 2nd quarter with a pick six by Marshall, followed by a 1yd slant TD by Muhammed, and a 27yd rushing TD by DeAngelo Williams. Things were looking bleak for the Dirty Birds at this point until they would take the kickoff back 97yds to the Panthers 18yd line, plus get an unnecessary roughness call to boot. With 1st and goal, Turner would get stuffed, then on 2nd down he would get pushed back a yard. Matt Ryan would have his pass batted down on third, and the Falcons end the half with 3pts.

In the third quarter, the Panthers replace their starters with subs and McNown would still find rookie Jarrett for a touchdown on the WR screen. The Falcons would also score on an impressive angst-filled 55yd run by Turner, but the damage was done. Munnerlyn would make a 1-handed interception off Ryan with 1:03 left and the Panthers would kneel out for the win.

Final Score
    Falcons 10
    Panthers 35

35yd Touchdown by Steve Smith

27yd touchdown run by DeAngelo Williams

Pissed off Turner runs to the house, 55 yards

McCown to Jarrett late in the game