Week 11 2010

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Aug 10, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Week 11 2010

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_user_state=system#module=moduleDynastyHub&dynid=21471&sku=662A0001

Let's advance again on Thursday night.

Welcome to Week 11!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-8) ===============
    Last week the Eagles were idle.
    This week, the Eagles travel to West Point to face the Army Black Knights (7-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Eastern Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Michael Dennis has committed to Syracuse

=============== Idaho Vandals (3-6) ===============
    Last week, Idaho lost 38-17 against Mid Tenn State (6-3).
    This week, the Vandals will host Utah State (7-2).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (4-5) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 34-13 against Army (7-2).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host Western Kentucky (3-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) DT Brian Wagner has committed to Kent State
    - (***) CB Jeff Lawson has committed to Central Michigan

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (3-6) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky won 37-14 against Kentucky (3-7).
    This week, the Hilltoppers travel to Kent to face the Kent State Golden Flashes (4-5).

=============== UAB Blazers (5-4) ===============
    Last week, UAB lost 38-28 against Utah State (7-2).
    This week, the Blazers travel to Jonesboro to face the Arkansas State Red Wolves (2-7).
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Carnell Sims has committed to Auburn

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (2-8) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe lost 34-7 against UL Lafayette (5-5).
    This week, the Warhawks are idle.

=============== Western Michigan Broncos (7-2) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 24-7 against Arkansas State (2-7).
    This week, the Broncos travel to Murfreesboro to face the Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (6-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Leon Williams has committed to Illinois

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (2-7) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State lost 24-7 against Western Michigan (7-2).
    This week, the Red Wolves will host UAB (5-4).

=============== Utah State Aggies (7-2) ===============
    Last week, Utah State won 38-28 against UAB (5-4).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Moscow to face the Idaho Vandals (3-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) P Eric Moore has committed to Baylor

=============== Army Black Knights (7-2) ===============
    Last week, Army lost 34-13 against Kent State (4-5).
    This week, the Black Knights will host Eastern Michigan (0-8).
    In recruiting news, the following Army targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) DT Brian Wagner has committed to Kent State
    - (***) RE Victor Baker has committed to Buffalo

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (6-3) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 38-17 against Idaho (3-6).
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host Western Michigan (7-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) LG David Pitts has committed to Mid Tenn State

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (5-5) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette won 34-7 against UL Monroe (2-8).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns will host Louisiana Tech (1-7).

2. DirtycashDylan

3. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

Awesome, no loss for me this week!

4. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

In a game the Idaho Vandals desperately needed, Sr. Running Back Deonte Jackson returned after missing 4 games with an elbow injury to lead the charge against conference leaders Utah State (7-2, 5-0). Continuing their ball control woes, the Utah State Aggies fumbled the ball away on just their second play from scrimmage, and the Vandals were able to take an early 7-0 lead when Jackson found paydirt from 4 yards out. After an exchange of punts, it looked like the Vandals were going to extend their lead when Sr QB Nathan Enderle was hit as he threw and the ball was intercepted by an Aggie defensive lineman and returned 77 yards for the game tying score. The Aggies then took a 10-7 lead when they were able to kick a 23 yard field goal with a minute before half. The lead was short lived as Enderle found Sr. WR Travis Hardy in the back corner of the endzone on an 18 yard strike with just seconds remaining in the first half.

Trailing 14-10, things fell apart for the Aggies in the 3rd quarter. After being drilled shortly after fielding a punt, Utah State fumbled again and Hardy was there to scoop it up and return it for a touchdown, making it 21-10. On the ensuing kickoff, the Aggies fumbled yet again, and again the Vandals were there to pounce on it like wild rabbits on a juicy carrot. The Aggie defense held and the Vandals had to settle for a field goal, taking the score to 24-10.

After some more boring defense, Utah State's offense was able to find the endzone in the 4th quarter on a 44 yard touchdown pass from D. Borel to A. Alder, pulling the Aggies to within 7.

From there, the Vandal offense was able to chew up some clock and distanced themselves again when Jackson found a hole and scampered into the endzone from 20 yards out with just a minute left in the game. The victory was sealed when the Vandals picked off a desperation heave on their own 3 yardline with just seconds left.

"I'm real proud of our kids and our staff. After blowing the game against the Hilltoppers and getting slaughtered at Middle Tennessee State, I'm proud we kept working and came out here ready to play against a great Utah State team that will probably be going bowling. Hopefully a lot of these kids we've offered schollies to that were in attendance will see the light and want to wear the Vandal Gold for the next few years."

5. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Forget this message ever existed. Game was played. Why are you reading this anymore?

6. DirtycashDylan

wha? haha maybe it's just late but this line had me rolling.

oh, and Defense isn't boring. It's for real men.

Nice win.

7. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

You know, I mostly threw the line in there about the rabbits to see if anyone was really reading my content.

Defense is boring. There's a reason highlights on SportsCenter are never incomplete passes and 3 yard carries that don't get big first downs/touchdowns.

8. DirtycashDylan

The interception is the most exciting play in the game. Everybody knows that.

9. DirtycashDylan

1st 2nd 3rd 4th OT
    WKU 3 7 7 14 0 31
    Kent 7 7 10 0 0 24

The Hilltoppers hilltop the Golden Flashes of Kent State 31-24. Jakes did what was asked of him going 5-9 for 79 yards. Rainey had another big day burning what JQwon calls "defense" for 192 yards and a TD on just 17 carries including a 71 yard HB stretch. Sr WR Quinn Cooper caught 3 balls for 54 yards as well as adding 34 yards on 4 carries of his own.

The defense looked a little suspect giving up over 400 yards, most coming through the air, but they were able to force 4 turnovers to keep it close until the 4th quarter. When asked if he was worried about the D, DCD muttered "as long as we play coaches like that, we've got nothing to worry about."

WKU has turned their season around and won an unprecedented 3 in a row to make their overall record 4-6 and keep their bowl dreams alive. But it won't be easy as next week they visit a ranked Army team and then off to the upstart Mid Tenn.

10. DirtycashDylan

Let's go guys. 1 more day to get these user games in.

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

It's Good!

Field Goal As Time Expires Lifts Red Wolves Over UAB 17-14

With the snow falling and the fans freezing, Arkansas State pulled out a close one against the UAB Blazers. The leg of Brandon Parker put the Red Wolves up 17-14 as the clock read 00:00, and Arkansas State could breathe a sigh of relief. After allowing a touchdown drive that was capped by Justin Brooks' 1yd TD run with 2 minutes left that tied the game at 14, fans could feel the pressure squeezing the life out of their Red Wolves. You could ask any fan what would happen after that tying score: "We're going to lose." But a huge 28 yard scamper by Ryan Aplin (8-18, 121 yds, INT) on the final drive put the Wolves in field goal range, and a huge burst up the middle by Frankie Jackson (7 car, 89 yds, TD) allowed Arkansas State to run down the final few seconds before chipping in the winning field goal. In a slow, defensive minded game, Derek Lawson and Daniel Borne stood out. Lawson led Arkansas State with 169 yards on 18 carries, with a 76 yard touchdown run on a classic misdirection counter. Borne only had 5 carries for UAB, but racked up 104 yards, with a 72 yard touchdown run of his own. In a game that could have gone anybody's way, the Red Wolves had a few lucky bounces and capitalized for the victory.

12. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

WMU 30
    MTSU 27

Looked like it was going to be a game of missed opportunities for me as my QB tried to find a way to throw the game. I opened up scoring when my CB jumped an out route and ran it back 45 yards for a TD. On the 2nd drive of the game he threw to a wide open curl route in the back corner of the endzone but mysteriously threw it on a line and was knocked down by a nickel CB at the line of scrimmage. I was forced to settle for a FG and the 10-0 lead. Legacy answered back with a 48 yard TD rush in the last play of the quarter.

I would find a wide open receiver streaking down the middle but he couldn't drag his feet inbounds at the back of the end zone and was forced to punt at Legacys 47. Legacy punted back to me and I drove to midfield. He only rushed one and I had all day to throw but he read the play and made a nice user pick and returned it 73 yards to make it 14-10. I moved the ball into his territory again on the next drive and found my TE wide open deep after he got sucked in with the SS in cover 2 and he made no attempt to catch it in the end zone letting it hit off his helmet. I attempted the FG and kicked it off the front of the crossbar. I'd rebound from this to kick another FG to make it 13-14 MTSU at the half.

I received the kickoff and he forced a quick punt. His QB quickly answered with a 66 yard option scamper to put MTSU ahead 21-13. I answered back on the next drive with a 4 yard run to bring it to 21-20 as we closed in on the end of the 3rd.

We then traded punts as he punted to me and I drove it down into his territory but was forced to punt after I picked up a first down on 3rd and 3 but was called for holding. I pinned him back and he punted back to me and I was able to kick a short FG to take the lead 23-21 with 3:31 to play. He answered with a huge 3rd and ten user catch for 30 yards on a corner route. He ran the ball effectively and got a 9 YD TD run with :46. I was out of TOs and needed to use the sidelines and opened up the drive with a wheel route to my HB for a 30 yard gain and got out of bounds. I then hit a WR on a wheel route down the sideline for another large chunk of yards. With less than 20 seconds left I found my outside WR on a deep post and he took it to the 3 yard line with 11 seconds to play. I quickly got to the line and found my TE in the back of the end zone right over the helpless safety. It was a great game and a hell of a way to hopefully decide the East.

Rambling game summaries FTW.