Week 11 (2012)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

2. Mcwoods06

Mcwoods06 Walk On

Good Luck Utah!!! Please take it easy on us....

3. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

Just beat NC STATE 58-52 IN TRIPLE OT. WOW. haha report coming soon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Wow triple overtime? That's nuts man, grats!

5. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

Thanks! Here is the play of the game..Fake Field goal to take the lead in 2OT.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

lol wtf fake field goal to win it? You must have a larger pair than me..

7. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

lol! It was 4th and 12 and I didn't want to take the FG because my defense was doing horrible..So I decided to the the fake FG. It's funny because ncstate predicted I was going to do the fake FG, but I still converted.

8. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Michigan takes care of business, beating Minnesota 45-17

After beating Minnesota today Michigan wins the prestigious Little Brown Jug! After facing #4 and #5 the last two weeks Michigan was glad to face Minnesota today. The first drive of the game Michigan's run game dominated, with back-up QB Gardner rushing the ball in for 6. On Minnesota's ensuing possession Michigan user Jolts57 user picked the Minnesota QB to give Michigan great field position. Michigan quickly scored with a passing touchdown from Denard Robinson. By the end of the first quarter this game was over with Michigan up 28-0.

Denard added another great game to his Heisman resume, throwing 14/17 for 285 yards 4 TD 1 INT and rushing the ball 8 times for 40 yards and a TD. Junior WR Jeremy Gallon had a huge game, catching 6 balls for 120 yards and 2 TDs.

Assuming the division tiebreaker in NCAA 13 isn't broken, Michigan controls its own destiny within the Legends Divison. Beating Northwestern next week and Iowa the week after will put Michigan against Notre Dame in the conference championship.

9. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Wake Forest Coach Walks Off the Field in the 3rd quarter; Deacons Embarrassed 45-10

It was one of those games EA decided that I just wasn't going to win from the start. 5 minutes in and I knew it was going to be "one of those games." FSU players broke through 3-4 tackles per play. Every run play I called miraculously had 2-3 blitzing FSU defenders in my holes. Every pass play I called was covered or my receivers dropped a pass. I'm fine with losing games to the CPU when my team is clearly not as good, like if Washington State lost to USC or something, but when I call a run blitz and they run right into it only to break 3 tackles and gain 12 yards, there's nothing I can do. When I rush 3 and drop 8 into coverage and they still complete a pass to a receiver in triple coverage, who then breaks 2 tackles and gets an extra 10 yards, there's nothing I can do. When I knock out their starting QB (which I did) and their backup is somehow 37 times more accurate, completing 19 of 23 for 247 yards and 4 TDs despite me playing pass virtually every play, there's nothing I can do. So yea, moving on...

The good news is that I'm still 5-2 in conference and play co-division leader NC State next week, so the ACC title is still in reach, but this was just stupid.

10. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

It's amazing how often the CPU predicts a fake... I don't think I've run a fake punt or FG that wasn't predicted, that includes my year of playing on NCAA 12 and the month of NCAA 13... kinda ridiculous but whatever, looks like you still pulled it off lol. I appreciate you handing NC State the loss, looks like our ACC title game is still alive.

• Like Like x 1
  11. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

Yeah, its actually kinda frustrating how the CPU EVERY single time predicts the fake FG. Oh well..and yes! That should be an awesome title game..between a 2 star program and a 3 star.

12. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Yea, assuming I can get past NC State next week anyways... looks like you had a helluva time with them and Lord knows I'm probably not gonna score 50 points, lol.

13. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

They were tough man..They're RB broke so many tackles it's crazy. And I actually scored 20 of my points in OT so its not as impressive as it might first appear.

14. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

After the first quarter Louisville pulls away for the win-

Louisville came into this game on a 3 game winning streak but has found all year that slow starts and offensive miscues have led to games being closer than they should have been. even if only for a half. This game was no exception. Temple was actually leading at the end of the first quarter thanks in-part to a defensive td where Teddy Bridgewater was sacked and fumbled and the lineman picked it up for the easy td. At the end of the quarter though, the defense started to get some momentum picking off a pass at the 11 yard line right as the quarter ended and stoped Temple from going up at least 17-7. Starting the second quarter Louisville coach knew that they had to make something happened and drew up a little something,

An 89 yard screen pass to Dominique Brown for the score. For such a big boy he outran all the defenders and wasnt even touched on the play. That play tied it at 14. Temple was able to drive down and take the lead on a field goal with 3:30 to go before half. Louisville would answer by driving down and taking the lead on a Bridgewater touchdown and never looked back. they scored 21 points in 1:21 seconds before halftime, to lead 28-17 at the break. Louisville would eventually lose top rusher Brown for the remainder of the game and Jeremy Wright stepped in and had the game of his life rushing for 255 yards on 17 carries and 4 touchdowns. With Wright in the game Louisville was easily able to extend the lead and win the game. The Cardinals defense played extrordinary in the second half only allowing 3 points and scoring on a defensive touchdown by co-captain Hakeem Smith and also on a safety.

Louisville hope to keep the streak going with a game next week against 6-3 Syracuse and quarterback Ryan Nassib who is ranked 5th in the nation in passing and will look to test this Louisville secondary.

Players of the Game
    Offensive- Jeremy Wright 17 carries 255 yards 4 tds
    Defensive- Hakeem Smith 5 tkls 2 tfl 1 int 1 td

15. Wick36

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Texas gets a big win against rivals and #20 ranked Texas Tech. The result was never in doubt, as the Longhorns dominated all the way through the game. Malcolm Brown was able to surpass 100 yards on the ground. Case McCoy had a good overall performance, completing 21/29 passes for 259 yards, 5 TDs, and 2 INTs. He is still very erratic in the passing game, and I still hate him. Next week the Longhorns will face the Iowa State Cyclones.​

16. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Rutgers 24 - #15 Arkansas 37​
    Difficult loss for Rutgers. The Scarlet Knights could have definitely pulled this one off but struggled with the turnover bug. Sophomore QB Gary Nova did not have a good game throwing four interceptions. He was eventually pulled for Junior QB Chas Dodd but Dodd only last one series. Nova was brought back in and the benching seemed to help him. He bounced back and threw three touchdowns. RB Jawan Jamison struggled with only 27 yards on 9 carries but kept getting hurt. This was definitely a winnable game for Rutgers but the crowd must have been intimidating for the Rutgers players. The Scarlet Knights travel to another tough opponent next week in the Florida Gators. ​

17. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

damn man i think Wick36 must hate you or rutgers or somethin giving you 2 of the top teams in the SEC in back to back games

18. Wick36

19. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Kitten Mittens.gif

20. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Top ranked LSU holds on for a huge SEC win vs Alabama

Alabama 28
    #1 LSU 31

Good evening this is J Lo, The Big Booty Hoe reporting live from Death Valley, the home of the Top ranked team in the land the LSU Tigers. Fresh off a 4 game SEC road trip they faced another very tough opponent as Alabama come rolling into Death Valley looking to pull off the upset. This was the Saturday night ESPN Prime time game of the week as well a the regular telecast on GMONEY TV. Alabama came out of the gate on fired as lacy ran it in from 7 yards to give the Crimson Tide an early 7-0 lead. Then after another LSU punt, the Tide once again drove down field as Bell caught a 10 yard pass from Mccarren to give Alabama a 14-0 lead and that's how the firs QTR ended. During the TV timeout you could see the Anger coach GMONEYS eyes as he pulled his team over and we could hear him say " We are on f#$k&n% National TV and playing in front of a packed house on Senior day. Get your mother f%u#&i^g heads out of your asses and play some day ball"

In the 2nd QTR LSU finally got on the board. Chase Clement caught a 52 yard TC pass from Metternberger as the Tigers drw with in a TD at 14-7. Then the LSU defense stepped in as JR CB Thorold Simon picked off a McCarren pass and raced 37 yards for a TD and LSU pulled even at 14. LSU then forced another Bama punt and the Tigers took advantage of it and drove down inside the Alabama's red zone. They had to settle for a Alleman 43 yard FG to give LSU their first lead of the game at 17-14. However, not dainted Alabama drove down the field with ease in the lst minute of the first half and Shelly kicked a short FG before the clock expire at half time and the game was tied at 17 apiece.

Alabama once again came out on fire to begin the 3rd QTR. They drove down deep into LSU territoyr but the Tiger defense stepped up to the challenge and Alabama had to settle for another Shelly FG to give Alabama a 20-17 lead. On LSU next drive Mettenberger hit his SR WR ( EX QB) Russell Shepard on a 42 yard strike to give LSU the lead back at 24-20. That's how the 3rd period ended.
    The 4th QTR showed why this LSU team has the ability to pull away from games. On a much pressured drive, Mattenberger drove LSU downfield and on a 2nd and 10, he found 2nd string TE, Tyler Dural from 40 yards out to give the Tiger some breathing room to make it a 31-20 game. The crowd was going wild and you can look down at coach GMONEY and you can see his face full of energy and excitement. Well that excitement lasted for about 3 minutes as Alabama was driving down the field and face a 4th down 12 yards to go from their own 46. McCarren then dropped back and threw up a prayer and a duck. However Norward grabbed it out of the air and trotted into the end zone to bring Bama with in 5. They went for the 2 point conversion and made it and it was all of a sudden a 3 point game. Bamas defense forced another LSU punt and had a chance to drive for the game tying FG. However it was the LSU defense that saved the day as they held Alabama on downs. 2 first downs and 3 kneels downs later and this one is in the books as LSU holds on for a thrilling 31-28 win to remain undefeated on the season. I see coach GMONEY is headed to the podium and he had this to say to the media,

NOTABLE LSU STATS

Zach Mettenberger 7/12/300/ yards/3 td's
    Spencer Ware 15 carries/59 yards
    Chase Clement 2 rec/74 yards/1td
    Tyler Dural 2 rec/53 yards/1td
    Russell Shepard 2 rec/70 yards/1td

Defense had 4 sacks and a pic 6 for a TD....JR CB Thorold Simon

GMONEY: " What up Bitches? Well this game was a measuring stick to see just how far this program has come in a short period of time. We were actually down 14-0 after the first period and we needed a spark so I jumped on their asses during a TV time out and it seemed to work. I liked the way Zach managed the game very well tonight as he didn't t force any passes all night long and I have very proud of him. We still need to get our running game up to speed and we still need to wrap our hands around their shoulders and waists to make good tackle. We host Mississippi State next week here in Death Valley. We need to have a good week of practice to be prepared for the Bulldogs as we are not in any position to take any team lightly. I'm don, thanks for coming out god bless you and good night."

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

lol nice write-up gmoney.

22. GMONEY 15

Thanks bro. I know I get carried away sometimes but what the hell I get bored walking my floor and watching my Agents so I sit at my desk and start to type and next thing you know I feel like a reporter from the local newspaper. :D

23. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

Have Mcwoods and Theezy played yet? I'm not home right now.

24. GMONEY 15

Not sure as I am still at the office. Local time now is Asia is 5:40am Wednesday morning. :);):D

• Like Like x 1
  25. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Cowboys Carve up the 'Cats
    38-26
    [​IMG]

Tracey Moore catches the ball on a post pattern
    Can anyone stop the Cowboys' offense? The Kansas State Wildcats were the latest challengers and they too succumbed to the fate of everyone else on Oklahoma State's schedule. One thing stopped the Cowboys offense in Manhattan: turnovers. Two fumbles were lost and Mike Gundy is getting tired of it. "We haven't done anything differently in practice during the past two weeks and I certainly let my guys hear about it every time we turn the ball over. It baffles me how we have given our opponents five extra chances to score on us and our defense still misses out on key plays. In both games we had a missed opportunity at taking the ball away late in the game and then the opposing offense scored. This HAS to stop here," said the frustrated coach.
    Oklahoma State opened the game marching down the field and scoring a touchdown. Only one minute was taken off the clock as Isiah Anderson broke a tackle on a slant route and stumbled into the endzone. Gundy was especially pleased with Chelf's audible on the play, "We gave the hard count and they showed a safety blitz. Chelf made the correct call at the correct time in the game and it certainly paid off for us. He's showing a lot of maturity out there and has certainly learned from his mistakes." The Wildcats tried to answer on the ground, but were only able to muster a 37 yard field goal against the stout Cowboy defense.
    Deja Vu struck the Oklahoma State sideline as they watched a triple option pitch again go awry. Kansas State cornerback, Nigel Malone intercepted the option pitch and returned it 31 yards for the touchdown. The turnover did not faze the Pokes, it merely slowed the offense down. Six plays later and after running only 1:12 off the clock, Anderson found the endzone again. OSU put 10 more points on the board in the second quarter, including a 56 yard touchdown pass from Chelf to Moore. The Cowboys went up 24-10 and were firing on all cylinders offensively.
    The third quarter was very quiet for both teams. The only scoring was a 33 yard Kansas State field goal. The fourth quarter quickly brought back the offenses. Kansas State scored five seconds into the quarter on a 28 yard touchdown pass from Collin Klein to Chris Harper. The Wildcats deficit shrunk to 24-19 after a failed two point rushing attempt. The score came following a fumble by Tracey Moore near the 50 yard line. The Cowboys responded with a 36 yard touchdown pass from Chelf to Josh Stewart. Kansas State was able to score again with just 1:45 remaining in the game. The Cowboy defense had a chance to end the drive without points but failed to recover a fumble after Klein was sacked. Kansas State covered the ball and proceeded to score on the next play. 31-26 OSU.
    Despite being thoroughly outplayed the entire game, the Wildcats found themselves back in it with just under two minutes left in the 4th quarter. Oklahoma State took over after a failed onside kick attempt, but still had work to do in order to seal the win. Kansas State had all three timeouts remaining. The Cowboys desperately needed a first down. Despite conventional wisdom calling for the run, the Cowboys went with a pass. Chelf hit Randle on a screen pass that resulted in a 21 yard gain. The Wildcats were unable to prevent Randle from moving the chains and finishing off the drive with a touchdown. The Cowboys scored in just 0:20 seconds and the Wildcats only had the chance to use two of their time outs.
    One would not think that the Black and Orange defense had a great day after seeing 26 points on the scoreboard, but they ruled the day in week 11. The Cowboys sacked Collin Klein 7 times and held the Heisman contender to just 140 total yards. The Oklahoma State offense allowed KSU to start on their side of the field twice due to turnovers. "It's going to get fixed. We are going to take advantage of the opportunities given to us and stop giving out handouts."
    The Cowboys host former Offensive Coordinator Dana Holgerson and the (5-2) West Virginia Mountaineers in Stillwater next week.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012