Week 11, 2012

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by chopper393, Aug 16, 2012.

1. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Welcome to ESPN's College Gameday, live from Blacksburg, Virginia, the site of this week's Game of the Week between the #5 Florida State Seminoles and the #12 Virginia Tech Hokies. I'm Chris Fowler and I'll be joined by Herbie and the Coach to discuss this week's news from around the world of college football as well as preview this week's great slate of action on the gridiron.​
    [​IMG]
    We start here in Blacksburg, where Gameday is this week. Let's welcome Kate Upton with the latest on the Game of the Week between the Seminoles and the Hokies.​
    [​IMG]
    "Florida State proved they are back when they beat Miami by 10 three weeks ago. They are looking to prove they belong again as they travel to Blacksburg. Virginia Tech is coming off of a tough 3 point loss against that same Miami team, but looks to knock off the undefeated Noles.​
    Florida State relies on their defense. The heart and soul of that defense is DE Brandon Jenkins, who is constantly in the backfield. CB Greg Reid does his part patrolling the secondary and being a ballhawk. On offense, FSU likes to get HB Doug Freeman going on the ground. This helps set up play action for Heisman contender, QB EJ Manuel. Manuel had more yards on the ground than in the air against Miami, but will have to do a decent job at both if he hopes to keep the Noles undefeated.​
    Virginia Tech allowed Miami to get too far ahead before they reeled the Hurricanes back in. In order to beat FSU, the Hokie defense will need to play solid the entire game, instead of just a half. They definately have the defense to do it with MLB Bruce Taylor, DT Derrick Hopkins, and CB Kyle Fuller. The Hokies will also have to execute better on offense. They need QB Logan Thomas to be smarter with his throws. If he hooks up with with wideouts Marcus Davis and Dyrell Roberts for a few big plays, the Hokies could give FSU their first loss."​
    Players to Watch
    For Florida State-QB EJ Manuel
    [​IMG]
    For Virginia Tech-QB Logan Thomas​
    [​IMG]
    Well, the headgear is here and ready to go so it's now time for our picks segment.​
    #14[​IMG][​IMG]#15​
    Herbie​
    [​IMG]
    Corso​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]#3​
    Herbie​
    [​IMG]
    Corso​
    [​IMG]
    #1[​IMG][​IMG]
    Herbie​
    [​IMG]
    Corso​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]#17​
    Herbie​
    [​IMG]
    Corso​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Herbie​
    [​IMG]
    Corso​
    [​IMG]
    #2[​IMG][​IMG]
    Herbie​
    [​IMG]
    Corso​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Herbie​
    [​IMG]
    Corso​
    [​IMG]
    #9[​IMG][​IMG]
    Herbie​
    [​IMG]
    Corso​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]#21​
    Herbie​
    [​IMG]
    Corso​
    [​IMG]
    GOTW​
    #5[​IMG][​IMG]#12​
    Herbie​
    [​IMG]
    Coach-who ya got?​
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for joining us on ESPN this morning, enjoy your day of college football on the ESPN family of networks.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2012
  2. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2012
  3. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I spiced up both of your posts. :)

4. kmaxhokie

kmaxhokie Walk On

I was at that ACC Championship game, first row right behind the goal posts. What a great game.

Also thought I would add a photo, this was at a party at tech.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  5. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Hahaha that's awesome!

6. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

Wish I was in the middle haha

• Like Like x 1