Week 11 2013 Now Open - Deadline 1.17.11 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Jan 15, 2011.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 11 Now Open

Deadline = January 17, 2011 7:00 a.m. EST

GBN v. GBN =

Buffalo (Dredd) @ Kent St. (CLW)

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

I just realized that I Dredd is currently out with internet issues and a hand injury. I'll wait until Sunday just in case before I put him on auto pilot and play the CPU.

3. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Another bye? Damn it.

4. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

LOL I could use a Bye right now the way I am playing with this cold. My team sucks ass and now I feel like ass. Not a good combo

5. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Dat U thought it had a bye schedule as the 2-6 New Mexico State Aggies came to town. This was the perfect week to lick our wounds from the beatdown at Temple, and practice some fundamentals prior to hosting #2 Bowling Green next week. Apparently, New Mexico didn't get that memo.

New Mexico busted Miami square in the mouth and stunned the home crowd. The Aggies raced out to a three touchdown lead in the first quarter (althought the kicker clanged an XP) and then scored again to open the second quarter. Yeah...27-0 before we woke up.

I expected a slight dropoff in our offense, because junior backup Robert Partridge was getting the start, but this was horrible. Multiple fumbles and bad reads put us in a major hole. I wanted the young man to face adversity so he can grow into the starter next year, but this was getting out of hand. Luckily, the ground game found itself. Senior Roman Lawson punched one in from 4 yards out to break the cherry, and John Coltraine followed up with a 14 yard gash to control the bleeding. A last minute FG at the half game the Aggies a 30-14 cushion. Miami and NMSU swapped TDs in the third, but they went for 2 and got it, so it was 38-21 when we started the fourth.

In the fourth, the offense took the training wheels off their young QB and let him run. Miami's defense finally remembered how to create pressure, and forced some bad decisions as the Aggie offense stalled. The Aggies were beaten back as Lawson rushed for another score, and after a punt, Partridge took advantage off their aggressiveness and found Max Warren in the seam for a quick scoring pass. Now it's a 3 point game!

Another bad punt from NMSU set up a great chance for the lead. But the Aggies defense gets paid too, and the forced us into a FG try. Justin Timberlake nailed the 39 yarder and it's all tied up. The Aggies couldn't milk the clock and had to punt, so it was all on the junior QB with 16 seconds left.

He looked to spread the field to set up the FG, but found Max Warren wide freaking open for the game winning TD bomb. A 42 yard prayer was answered, and Dat U steals a victory in a game they didn't deserve to win.

The intensity is dialed up now, as we're 9-1, ranked in the top 25 for the second week in a row, and will face the highest ranked opponent we've ever played. With two games left in the season, it is getting crazy in Oxford!

6. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

FYI - I cannot get my PS3 to connect to the hotel net. Roady if you could do the honors and sign in and advance tomorrow morning I would appreciate it! If not, I'll be back home tomorrow night.

7. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Will do. I'll advance in the morning!

8. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

BTW - if things are ready to advance early, I can also move this piece up tonight. I'll be checking periodically, so if you say so, it'll happen.

9. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Thanks for advancing. Somehow I got the thing to work late last night and I got my game in.

10. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

You're welcome, mang. I didn't even get the chance to upload a video!