Week 11 2013

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Nov 12, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Let's get this week in quick to make up for last week. nikpin vs johngalt11 and TheCrumbIsHere vs Full Moon Fever

Welcome to Week 11!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== San Jose State Spartans (3-5) ===============
    Last week, San Jose State won 45-24 against Western Michigan (3-7).
    This week, the Spartans will host New Mexico (4-5).

=============== #8 Kent State Golden Flashes (8-0) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 27-14 against New Mexico State (6-2).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host Notre Dame (4-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LOLB Eric Siegel has committed to Kent State

=============== New Mexico State Aggies (6-2) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico State lost 27-14 against Kent State (8-0).
    This week, the Aggies will host Western Michigan (3-7).
    In recruiting news, the following New Mexico State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Jared Castillo has committed to New Mexico State

=============== Akron Zips (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Akron won 38-6 against FIU (1-8).
    This week, the Zips travel to Ft. Lauderdale to face the Florida Atlantic Owls (3-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Akron targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Kenny McDonald has committed to Temple

=============== Florida Atlantic Owls (3-6) ===============
    Last week, Florida Atlantic lost 30-22 against Memphis (7-1).
    This week, the Owls will host Akron (7-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida Atlantic targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) QB Peter Simpson has committed to Miami
    - (***) QB Greg Weldon has committed to Arkansas

=============== FIU Golden Panthers (1-8) ===============
    Last week, FIU lost 38-6 against Akron (7-1).
    This week, the Golden Panthers will host Memphis (7-1).
    In recruiting news, the following FIU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) MLB Lee Carter has committed to FIU
    - (***) CB Jason Palmer has committed to FIU

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (6-3) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 48-17 against Eastern Michigan (0-8).
    This week, the Blue Raiders are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LG Mike Darby has committed to Georgia Tech
    - (***) DT David Hines has committed to Virginia

=============== New Mexico Lobos (4-5) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico won 25-22 against UNLV (3-5).
    This week, the Lobos travel to San Jose to face the San Jose State Spartans (3-5).
    In recruiting news, the following New Mexico targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) LT Martin Moore has committed to UL Lafayette
    - (**) FS Mike Ray has committed to New Mexico
    - (***) ROLB Jared Castillo has committed to New Mexico State

=============== Memphis Tigers (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Memphis won 30-22 against Florida Atlantic (3-6).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Miami to face the FIU Golden Panthers (1-8).

2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

wait what?!! we finally advanced?!!!

[​IMG]

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

4. DirtycashDylan

indeed

5. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

more of the same for New Mexico in big 51-21 win over San Jose State

If you read a scouting report of the Lobos, you should've been able to predict how this game would go. Walton has been gaining momentum all year at the QB position and put together another solid game completing 65% of his passes for 208 yards with 2 TDs passing and 2 more on the ground. He found the big man Chad Green on both scores and 156 yards. Thompson had a good day on the ground, going for 135 yards on 25 carries, even with missing some time with an arm injury.

Defense did what the defense has been doing much of the year, 2 sacks, 3 INTs, and a fumble recovery. With Corey Sherman out the pass defense has taken a big hit but Taylor Schlopy has done his best at filling in on kick returns and today was a big day there. On his three returns, he averaged 56.6 yards, including a 100 yard score. Dangerfield had a punt return score called back for a clipping call but still had a nice day returning punts.

Moving the Lobos to 3-4 in conference with a good shot at improving that mark

6. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Any way I could get an ext till tomorrow night after work? If not I can try and crank my game out after work but Ive gotta get some ish done after work.

7. DirtycashDylan

#8 Kent St-59
    Notre Dame-17

ND never had a chance. My team played on fire all game and it'll be tough picking a POTG. Here are just some of the memorable performances.

OFFENSE:

• QB Robert Peterson 21-37 375 yards 4 TD 1 INT 1 sack
    • WR Jamal Kendrick 5 REC 82 yards 2 TD
    • HB Dri Archer 14 CAR 96 yards 2 TD 3 REC 43 yards 3 total TDs
    • TE Eric Cain 7 REC 141 yards 1 TD
    • Offensive line - no sacks
    DEFENSE:

• CB Darius Polk 2 INTs on back to back possessions in the 1st quarter. Both were turned into TDs. Also 2 solo tackles and a defl.
    • OLB Justin 'The Tank' Sherman 2 INT 1 FF 1 TFL
    • OLB Zach Hitchens 3 SOLO 2 FF 1 DEFL
    • MLB Kent Walker 4 SOLO 1 FR 1 TD
    • DE Russell 'The Eraser' Nix 5 SOLO 2 Sacks 1 Deflection
    • DE Jake Dooley 1 sack to set a school record. He leads the NCAA with 16.
    • Defense as a unit. I busted a coverage myself for 6 so the D really only gave up 10 even though they were out there a ton.

8. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Tried to log into dynasty wire to get some info but I played Galt this morning and won. Game was close early but he had a meltdown at the end of the first half and never recovered as I rolled to an easy victory in the 2nd half.

9. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Im finished too, 52-13 over wmu

10. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Who we waiting on?

11. DirtycashDylan

Fever vs Crumb

12. DirtycashDylan

Looks like we'll be advancing in about an hour.

13. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

boxstats.JPG

Derailed early, the Tigers get back on track in the 2nd half to beat FIU 38-14.

The first half was one of the ugliest halves of offensive football Memphis has played in a long time. After a somewhat promising first drive, I threw a dumb interception over the middle. I thought I could zip it in front of the linebacker. I was wrong. It didn't take long for the Golden Panthers to make me pay for it, as Crumb connected with his wideout down the right sideline, who made a great play and then outraced my strong safety to the endzone for the quick score. The score gave Crumb 7 points and that would be enough to lead for much of the game.

After some more poor Memphis offense, and injuries to starting RB Jerrell Moore (concussion-game) and backup RB Randy Powell (ankle - 2 quarters) left the bulk of the offense to sophomore reserve Artevis Gibson, who filled in well and carried the ball 9 times for 78 yards. Down to the 3rd string RB, Ryan Williams had to throw the ball more than I'd like, and he ended up completing 13 of 19 for 189 yards, 4 TD's, and 1 INT.

The Tigers were finally able to muster some offense and kick a field goal just before halftime to head into the break down by a score of 3-7.

After spending most of the first half deep in their own territory, the Tigers flipped the field when they kicked off to start the second half. A sack on first down and a quick 3 and out gave the Tigers the ball at midfield. As anemic as the Memphis offense was in the first half, it was just the opposite in the second half. The Tigers scored touchdowns on their first 4 possessions of the second half, and a 3-7 deficit quickly became a 31-7 lead. A pick-6 deep in Panther territory made the score 38-7 before the Golden Panthers mounted a final drive to bring the final score to 38-14.

somethingsyoujustcantstop.JPG Justin McKnight goes up over two helpless FIU defenders to haul in his second TD pass of the game, this one for 5 yards.

I thought my defense really played well. Besides the first touchdown, which was a ball to a covered receiver that just made a great play on it, we really shut FIU down.

GG TheCrumbIsHere

BTW, two plays before the McKnight TD above, he had a sick catch for 35 yards where he just jumps up and twists his body around to snag the ball right above the head of the corner. It's on the Dynastywire if you want to see it.