Week 11, 2015

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

#5 Texas @ Baylor​
    #7 Georgia @ South Carolina​
    North Carolina vs. Kansas​
    #6 Ohio State @ Illinois​
    #9 Wisconsin vs. Illinois​
    #1 Auburn vs. Ole Miss​
    User Game of the Week: #3 Notre Dame vs. #8 Georgia Tech

2. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Auburn beats Old Miss and Mason goes off in the 1st half and sits the whole second half to stop from blowing up the stats to ungodly #'s (I know the #'s are big anyway but I spread the ball around he just broke big runs) he had only 15 carries but 6 runs of 20+ yards 4 60+ yard runs 2 of which he was ran down on a angle inside the 10. Robinson came in at the half and got hurt so WR Howard played RB and got some good runs in. ScreenHunter_20 Oct. 28 12.11.jpg ScreenHunter_22 Oct. 28 12.13.jpg ScreenHunter_21 Oct. 28 12.13.jpg

3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

T is for Turnover

[​IMG]

Notre Dame vs. Georgia Tech is a historic rivalry. The game in which Rudy was able to come in and play in 1975, was a game vs. G-Tech. This years contest may stir up some bad blood for any future meetings with the Irish winning 28-0.

One stat decided this game for all intents and purposes; Turnovers. The Notre Dame defense collected 8, count em 8, turnovers. 6 picks and 2 fumble recoveries. Georgia Techs defense came to play as well. In fact, G-Techs offense outgained the Irish in this contest. Senior QB Everett Golson was knocked out for a period in the first half and struggled when he returned. He did however account for all 4 TDs in the game. Notre Dame was extremely effective and efficient against Iowa last week, but the Tech defense swarmed all game limiting the total yards. Golson was able to make a few big plays which were the difference in the game. Namely a 20 yd TD run and a big TD pass taking advantage of the aggressive blitzing defense. He also had another short TD pass and a 4 yd TD sneak.

The biggest plays of course were on defense. 6 interceptions and 2 fumble recoveries on ill advisised option pitches killed G-Tech drives giving the Yellow Jackets no chance to get back in the game. Notre Dame played with a short field for much of the game which killed the opposing defense. Even if they were able to hold ND and force a punt, the offense would just give it back. Player of the game Tee Sheppard accounted for 3 or the 6 interceptions.

It was a good game none the less with G-Tech bringing it all game, frustrating the Irish offense and bringing multiple unigue looks on offense.

[​IMG]
    The first of Sr CB Tee Sheppards 3 interceptions.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  4. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Spayer419
    Looks like everyone has played that needs to. Are we about ready to advance?

5. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I'll advance it around noon today. Been a busy couple of days for me and I just havent had a moment

6. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Not a problem. Just wondering. It took a while for everyone to get their games in anyways I think.