Week 11, 2016

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Dec 17, 2012.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 11!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #3 Yale Bulldogs (8-0) ===============
    Last week, Yale won 56-28 against Cornell (5-3).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Princeton to face the Princeton Tigers (1-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Yale targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RE Sam Hester has committed to Yale
    - (****) CB Raymond Stephens has committed to Brown

=============== #4 Brown Bears (8-0) ===============
    Last week, Brown won 42-7 against Pennsylvania (3-5).
    This week, the Bears travel to Washington to face the Georgetown Hoyas (6-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Brown targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Raymond Stephens has committed to Brown

=============== Cornell Big Red (5-3) ===============
    Last week, Cornell lost 56-28 against Yale (8-0).
    This week, the Big Red will host Dartmouth (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Cornell targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Randall White has committed to Cornell
    - (****) DT Jeremy Evans has committed to Cornell
    - (***) C Josh Floyd has committed to Delaware

=============== Georgetown Hoyas (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Georgetown won 21-10 against Howard (6-2).
    This week, the Hoyas will host #4 Brown (8-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgetown targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) QB John Jones has committed to Georgetown

=============== Columbia Lions (1-7) ===============
    Last week, Columbia lost 35-10 against Harvard (4-4).
    This week, the Lions will host Bucknell (6-2).

=============== Dartmouth Big Green (4-4) ===============
    Last week, Dartmouth won 27-21 against Princeton (1-7).
    This week, the Big Green travel to Ithaca to face the Cornell Big Red (5-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Dartmouth targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Eric Harris has committed to Dartmouth
    - (***) RG Antonio Mark has committed to Dartmouth

=============== Howard Bison (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Howard lost 21-10 against Georgetown (6-2).
    This week, the Bison travel to Philadelphia to face the Pennsylvania Quakers (3-5).

=============== Harvard Crimson (4-4) ===============
    Last week, Harvard won 35-10 against Columbia (1-7).
    This week, the Crimson travel to Newark to face the Delaware Blue Hens (2-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Harvard targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Chris Alexander has committed to Air Force

=============== Bucknell Bison (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Bucknell won 62-13 against Delaware (2-6).
    This week, the Bison travel to Manhattan to face the Columbia Lions (1-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Bucknell targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LG Jason Cox has committed to Bucknell

=============== Pennsylvania Quakers (3-5) ===============
    Last week, Pennsylvania lost 42-7 against Brown (8-0).
    This week, the Quakers will host Howard (6-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Pennsylvania targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Jason Wilson has committed to Utah State
    - (***) C Brandon Henderson has committed to Ohio State

=============== Princeton Tigers (1-7) ===============
    Last week, Princeton lost 27-21 against Dartmouth (4-4).
    This week, the Tigers will host #3 Yale (8-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Princeton targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Josh Terry has committed to Princeton

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  2. DirtycashDylan

#3 Yale-34
    Princeton-14

This one was closer than it looks.

The Tigers were able to hit a long bomb on a corner route (vs double coverage) and got some nice runs to reach the endzone on the first possession of the game, but the Yale D was able to lock them up for the rest of the half. We kicked a FG and got another as time expired to end the 1st half with me trailing by a point, 6-7.

But as many games have gone this year, the third quarter was all mine.

While we couldn't get much going on the ground in the 1st half, RB Shannon Peterson finished with 12 rushes for 134 and 2 TDs for an 11.1 average. He sat the 4th quarter along with Poland. Backup RB Eric Henry got in the game in the final quarter and averaged even more ypc, 11.6 at 8 for 93 with a TD.

Princeton DID do a nice job of shutting down Sam Ross' package though. He rushed 7 times for 61 (most coming on a 50 yarder) and never got in the endzone with his feet so he had to throw one.

One other note, RB Shannon Peterson has lost his job as punt returner. He muffed one today and then he fumbled one. This was the first game I can remember in a long time where we didn't have a positive turnover margin (it was 2-2).

gg CoachG72

3. CoachG72

CoachG72 Walk On

Gg! The Tigers will soon be the top tier team of this conference. Enjoy your time at the top.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DirtycashDylan

You're adorable.

5. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Qwigly

Congrats on getting that 6th win and securing bowl eligibility! I know this was a huge goal for you pre-season and you look setup for a season much better than you anticipated even if you got all the possible breaks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

GTown-Brown Showdown!
    It's the week of the GTown-Brown Showdown and these two coaches have a long long long past. They've been matching up since you had to blow in your games to get them to work. Since the days of Tecmo Super Bowl, these two have gone to war. Upon entering the NCAA franchise of matchups, Coach Qwon was often triumphant and the favorite in this matchup. Momentum has swayed and over the past few seasons Coach nikpin has dominated the rivalry. But don't expect a blowout. These two have played enough games to know each others moves. This game promises to be a close slugfest and maybe, just maybe, The Qwon could pull the upset.​

• Like Like x 2
  7. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Shall we dance tonight?

8. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I could probably do that. I'll text ya tonight when i'm leaving the gym.

9. IrishBearcat

Dartmouth escapes Cornell 24-17 in an exciting thriller. Details to come.

GG TheCrumbIsHere

10. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Penn vs Howard will hopefully happen tomorrow afternoon/early evening if I can avoid inlaws before Fungunner has to leave

11. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

#4 Brown Bears 38
    @
    Georgetown Hoyas 21

You could find a few numbers that point to a Georgetown victory but as usual turnovers plagued JQwon13. Georgetown had 17 1st downs to Brown's 8. Georgetown had 303 total yards to Brown's 261. Georgetown won the TOP battle 14:31 to 13:29. But Georgetown had 6 turnovers to Brown's 1 and that was the difference. Brown started 3 drives inside the 10 yard line including one at the inch line. Qwon also threw a pick at my goal line when he had a chance to close the gap before the half. Was a nice send off in the 4 year battle between Dan Jones and John Running Water in which Jones managed to throw 5 picks and put the ball on the turf twice.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  12. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Sigh... Although that pick I threw on the goalline was in the 2nd half. I scored right before the half. Then got a stop on D to start the second half...drove all the way down inside the the 10 and threw that stupid pick. Stupid receiver stumbling into the wrong route...

13. Strick

Strick Walk On

Bucknell overcomes a turnover fest to edge Columbia 35-23.

The Coumbia safety was a stud and read me all day. Ben Brown still accounted for 343 and 3 through the air and another 129 on the ground with a score there as well.

Chris Jennings was injured early in the game but it wasn't anything too severe. He'll be back next week. He was missed as the Bison couldn't get any production from their RBs until the 4th Q from Jesse Allen. Peter Setzer returns from injury next week for the rivalry game vs. Penn. Jennings will get the start, but Setzer will play a lot. Jesse Allen has passed Mac Brown for third on the depth chart.

Brian Vickers looks to return in 2 weeks for Georgetown.

The Bison continue marching on at 7-2 (4-2) with the only 2 losses coming to the #3 and #4 teams in the country. The Motor City bowl vs. a B1G team is a possibility if the Ivy League can get 2 BCS bids this year.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  14. IrishBearcat

15. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Unfortunately I got stuck at work and just got home. Looks like I missed fun by about 10 minutes. Sent him a message with my number so we can see about getting something set up. I know he had alot going on in the evenings this week, why we were planning to play right after work today. Hopefully get it in by this time tomorrow.

16. IrishBearcat

Not sure of Dylan's plans on sticking to the 48 hour max that ends tonight around 10 PM EST. DirtycashDylan - any chance you have fun's #?

17. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

I am trying to find it from another OD we were in, I'll text him if I do. We just have not been able to get a time that works for both of us, things have come up. Like to play him, think our teams will make for a fun game but whatever has to happen.

18. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Not a big deal to wait in my opinion... We probably only have on more advance in us after this one before xmas. The holiday will most likely shut us down for a bit.

19. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

I would imagine, part of the problem with getting this game in has been my motherinlaw is in town for a while so have to be social so she like me better than the wife's ex :)

20. DirtycashDylan

Meh, they were actively trying to schedule, we can wait 1 more day.

Qwigly @funnrunner but play the game tomorrow, don't make a fuck out of me and make us wait an extra day for nothing. If we are going to wait, you HAVE to play. If there's a chance you can't, tell me now and we'll move on.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Game over, Penn wins.

Costly game for Howard as starting qb and hb were both knocked out with abdominal tears for 5 weeks or more. Coach q was heard asking about eye doctor appointments as his qbs seemed to be unable to distinguish white from blue. 3 very ugly, YARDS OFF TARGET PICKS combined with the first ever defensive pass interference penalty he has ever seen set Penn up for the win.

GG Fun!!! Grats on the win painful though it is...

22. IrishBearcat

23. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Too late

• Like Like x 1
  24. DirtycashDylan

There's that wit I've been looking for!

• Like Like x 1