Week 11, 2017

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Florida State vs. Syracuse​
    Michigan vs. #8 Nebraska​
    Oklahoma vs. Ole Miss​
    #4 Texas vs. Tennessee​
    #5 Wisconsin vs. Indiana​
    #6 Ohio State vs. Illinois​
    #15 Iowa vs. Minnesota​
    #19 North Carolina vs. Virginia​
    #20 Florida vs. Auburn​
    User Game of the Week: #7 Alabama vs. #11 LSU​

2. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Tallahassee is BOOMING after Coach Macc puts his money where his mouth was and insisted at the beginning of the year he would be implementing a "nasty, hard nosed defense" here at FSU and the word got out that 5* MLB Pat Dunbar pulled the trigger on his long expected commitment to FSU. Dunbar is a stud prospect who is the nations #1 MLB and is an animal tackling ball carriers. He plays with reckless abandon and will head-man the defense in the starting MLB spot next year replacing two senior stars James Pettway and Mike Wesley. Coach wasn't availible to comment on it yet but it's no surprise Dunbar is the most important commitment on the team thus far.

On the other side of the ball 4* ATH Chris Fields pledged to FSU as well, Fields will play RB in Tallahassee and is thrilled about his commitment. He was recruited to play a multiple of different positions but Coach has assured us he is a running back mould and his speed will be utilized day 1 on campus. Look for a dual headed backfield next year as Brandon Hurst will be able to get a breather here and there and Fields pounds the rock against the opposition. The 5'10 220.lbs Fields is known for his speed, stiff arm and trucking ability with measureables that are through the roof.

The #25 ranked Seminoles host Syracuse tommorow afternoon and look to improve their ranking as they make a legitimate run for a BCS Bowl Bid.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

[​IMG]

FSU is back from their BYE weeks just as Notre Dame goes on a BYE.

However this week is not without event. On the eve of Notre Dames first real life National Championship since 1998, The Chompions Irish jumped past Georgia Tech to the #1 spot in the rankings thanks in large part to their HUGE win over previously #3 USC. Both human and computer polls took notice.

Of course the Yellow Jackets will undoubtedly use this as motivation for the upcoming Week 13 showdown and chances are, a rematch in the ACC Championship game.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Buckeyes lose Brown for season, edge past Illini
    Ohio State was able to outlast Illinois for a 28-27 win on Saturday, but the Buckeyes lost heisman hopeful quarterback Malik Brown for the season. Brown, a senior, broke his collerbone on a two-point conversion attempt, which will likely be his last play as a Buckeyes.​
    It's been an up-and-down, yet illustrious, career for Brown, who was part of a recruiting class that included the likes of Ray Hall and Tavaris McLaurin. Many thought that Brown would be the heir-apparent to Heisman winner Braxton Miller, and that seemed to be the case as Brown entered the 2015 season and the team's starting quarterback. But Brown was benched midway through his first game for Jalen Bush, and rode the bench for most of his sophomore season. As a junior, Brown watched as Bush led the Buckeyes to an undefeated record and a spot in the Big Ten title game. But when the Buckeyes fell behind big to Notre Dame, coach Meyer turned to Brown to save the day. Brown led OSU to an improbable comeback by connecting with Ray Hall for a last second walk-off touchdown, sending OSU to the national title. Brown started in the title game, and played well, as OSU defeated Auburn in overtime.​

Prior to his injury, Brown surpassed 1,000 rushing yards for the season, a testament to how dynamic he's been this year. Though likely a long shot behind the likes of J.R. Gant and Vince Woods, Brown had put up numbers worthy of Heisman consideration, and was an instrumental part of OSU's 9-1 record.​

After Brown's injury in the fourth quarter, Meyer had no choice but to turn to redshirt-freshman David Lewis. Lewis was the top-ranked recruit as an athlete in the class of 2015, and lived up to the hype by driving OSU down the field for the game-winning score. Many Buckeye faithful were eagerly anticipating the Lewis era, but no one expected it would start so soon. We will see if the southpaw freshman is up for the challenge, as OSU is still fighting for a BCS birth, and possibly a national championship.​

• Like Like x 1
  5. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Sorry to hear about the injury to Brown, Spayer.

You will be that much better with Lewis next season I guess. Also, you do have Chris Butler to back him up. Though he doesn't have same zip in his arm as Lewis.

6. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I guess I could say I'm not sorry about Brown though. ;) He did personally cost me a B1G Title last season. I had you. Never should have gotten conservative on offense or went full prevent mode on D. I should have blitzed that little punk mercilessly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Great writeups guys, Spayer I'm also sorry to hear about Brown...he was having a great season and looks like a stud on paper. I gladly never got to watch him boogie and run down the field on me.

Wow I also just noticed the Noles are in the top 3 recruiting class, wise. That's unbelievable considering when I joined I was CONVINCED I was a fish out of water without 23 hours of scouting and a 4* team against mainly 6* teams I've been battling with. I think I've lost out on I believe just 3 guys on my board this season and I believe there may be some more gems to add to the class. Now getting this 5th star is the only way I'm going to be satisfied coz I'm gonna hit the trail again hard next year. FSU will be a problem soon!!!

8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

FSU will always have that cache in recruiting, especially in the state of Florida. I get the fertile recruiting grounds of Indiana. Whoo!

• Like Like x 1
  9. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

[​IMG]

Horns Run Crazy Over Tennessee

The Texas Longhorns running game went wild in this week's matchup with the Volunteers of Tennessee. The Horns racked up 406 yards rushing on 33 attempts on their way to a 69-14 win. The option game really got going this week as the Longhorns' new offense seems to finally be gelling. QB Vince Woods was named player of the game as he went 10 of 14 for 287 yards passing with 4 TDs while running for a team-high 151 yards and 2 scores on 7 carries. HB James Moore and WR Terrence Dorsey each went over 100 yards rushing as well before the second team offense took over in the 4th quarter. The defense played strong as well forcing 2 interceptions, one of which was returned for a score by backup LB Jeremy Mitchell.

Next week the Longhorns will host Texas Tech in a rivalry matchup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    HOOK 'EM!

10. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

11. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

You and me both, Wisconsin isn't exactly a hot spot if talent

12. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

That's why you gotta build pipelines tho. Which ones do you have right now? I've got Ohio, Penn, Michigan, Georgia, Texas and will have Cali next year. Still no Florida :oops:

13. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

#25 Noles offense rolls 'Cuse 54-20.

It did not look like a 34 point drubbling on the Florida State sideline in last nights action as FSU rolls over Syracuse 54-20. Coach Macc and his Noles fresh off of a two-week bye hadn't been playing meaningful football for nearly 3 weeks. It took nearly no time before Chip Mitchell received two touchdowns, coming within less than 2 minutes of eachother the first a strike from 13 out and the second from 37. Mitchell just makes it look so easy, he doesn't allow himself to be defended at times and surpassed the 1000 yard mark this year, had 3 receiving touchdowns on the day to increase his mark to 15 on the year. The Seminoles offense wasted no time putting up 21 points as Brandon Hurst headlined a backfield that rushed for a team total of 157. Hurst put up 119 of those on 21 carries and his 2nd quarter TD was his lone for the day. Steve Pennington coming off of a near 400 yard 6TD 0INT preformance against Idaho was on FIRE he couldn't miss beginning the game a solid 8 for 8. He followed the Idaho ACC Player of the Week preformance up with yet another Player of the Week candidate throwing for 409 yards 6TDs without a turnover for the 2nd straight game.

Pennington finished 3 yards shy of 800 over two games, with 12TDs and 0INTs through that time as well. He's been playing the best football of the year and it's been in great timing as he's earning national respect for his team that experts are finally admitting is on the up-rise.

Coach Macc, however spent the majority of the 2nd half kicking dirt and yelling at defensive co-ordinators with Cuse putting up a completely irrelevant 20 points.

"Big plays, big god damn plays are what kills this team. Through the majority of the game we stop almost everything. We play hard we run to the ball we take it away and we swat it down. But we also take plays off. Championship teams take no plays off. And that's the expectation I have for this team, we are a championship calibre team and to let-up that bad when we have the opportunity to be the best defense in the country is a joke and a slap in the face to my intentions and plans for this team. We will have a very tough week of practice and see how the guys respond when we travel to Wake next week," Coach Macc for the first time all year was not happy with his team. He did mention "the offense is on a complete roll, thankfully because we're putting up 50-60 points a game lately we can afford these defensive slip-ups but that doesn't mean our defense can relax. That is not the Seminole way. My kids may hate me after this week of practice is done, but they will cherish me when it's all said and done this year mark my words,"

14. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Stay out!

FSU is going to be more of a national brand next year I've got just 3 pipelines states but all very talent rich states and will work towards building a 4th next year. I hope I get an increase in school pitches, if so I may be capable of 3-4 5star players next year as well.

15. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I've got pipes to Ohio, Mich, PA, IN, and a new one to TX next year thanks to 3 commits this year.

I wanted to break into FL since I will be playing there in the ACC, but I didn't get any hits on the FL guys I went for this season. I will work on FL and or CA next year though. Sorry LongGONE. I need to break into the high population/talent states.

16. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

We have the every user in the B1G and Notre Dame mining the Rust Belt and TX/OU hitting Texas really hard. Now we have two new users in Florida plus GT and NC and probably hitting FL as hard as they can as well.

17. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I've got Texas, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, North Carolina, I'll be losing NC and gaining Washington and working on 2 recruits to get CA I wantto break into Florida/Georgia next year

18. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

I just have Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Illinois right now but should have Texas and California next year :)

19. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Nice job. I have to get some more pipes outside the Rust Belt. TX will help a bunch but I need MORE!

I think my biggest issue is that I have had to recruit nationally since I don't have a lot of pipeline states. That gives me a bunch of random recruits fro LA, AK, SD... Good kids, but they take away spots that will need to be used for creating new pipes.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  20. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

#17 North Carolina 42, Virginia 28

The North Carolina Tar Heels continued their late season surge, winning their 4th straight to improve to 6-3 on the season. Marcus Williams, back in the saddle at starter, by far had his best game of the season, passing for 333 yards and 5 TD, three of whom went to WR Marcus Smith. The running game was paced by Ben Patrick, in for the injured Ron Brady. Patrick went on to gain a season high 161 yards on 27 carries. Virgina was led by QB Ronnie West, who passed for 306 yards, and RB Troy Perez, who gained 143 yards on only 9 carries.

UNC's first possession ended disastrously, as P Eric Wilson's punt was blocked and returned for a UVA TD by Jason Evans. Carolina would recover, as Williams found Patrick on a wheel route for a 24 yard TD pass to tie the game. Perez took the next hand off 63 yards for a TD and a 14-7 lead for Virginia. Williams then led UNC on a great drive, culminating in a Patrick 37 yard TD run. UNC's defense would hold, and Williams would lead UNC to another TD, this time a pass to TE Andre Hammond and a 21-14 UNC lead. Carolina's defense stifled Virginia again on the next drive, and on the ensuing play, Williams found Smith streaking down the sideline for a 47 yard pass and a 28-14 lead. UVA wasn't done though, as Perez broke through the UNC d-line and ran 75 yards for the score to close the score to 28-21. Smith would again get behind the UVA defense late in the half, and scored fro 35 yards out to extend the lead to 35-21 UNC at the half.

The second half was all about defense as both defenses came to play. Virginia, despite a big game from Perez, decided to abandon the run being behind by only 2 scores. The UNC secondary played above average, holding West to only 19/35 completions. Carolina's only second half score came in Smith's third TD catch of the game, extending to a 21 point lead. West would throw a TD pass early in the 4th to close the score to 42-28, but both teams defense remained stout throughout the reast of the game to close the scoring, dropping Virginia to 3-6 on the season, 1-5 in the ACC. Of note, Marcus Williams was injured, but came back to play and should be ready for the next game in the Carrier Dome vs. Syracuse

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  21. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

i will get my game in here in a few mins

22. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

23. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

i'm still working on this internet problem guys...i apologize. i'm trying at all costs to not have to leave the dynasty...please just keep me on vacation time.

24. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

And of course, as I get home, the internet is working great. SO, give me tonight to figure my stuff out before we advance, please. If it's working, I should have everything in by midnight. If the internet is down again, Spayer419 I will text you and we'll go from there.

• Like Like x 1
  25. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Boomer Sooner Back with a Bang​
    OU70-MISS24.jpg
    After a two week absence from Coach Fishdock, the Sooners were elated to have their coach back on the sidelines as they traveled to Mississippi. The game started with the Sooners taking the kickoff, and as soon as that happened the Sooners took the lead. The Missippi fans watched in stunned silence as Early King scooted past the defense and put the Sooners up by a touchdown. On the very next drive, FR CB Damon Thurman took an interception all the way back to the house to make the game 14-0. The Sooners didn't look back. New QB SO Brent Price looked great picking apart the Ole Miss defense to the tune of 17-21, 283 yards, and 4 TDs. The decision to have Price remove his redshirt for this season after the rough start out of the gates was hotly contested in Norman, but it seems as if Fishdock knew what he was doing and may have found the first great quarterback of his time at Oklahoma (that he drafted). The Sooners never let up, on both sides of the ball, and the offense only scored two more touchdowns than their teammates on the other side of the ball. The Sooners proved that this team has/had the talent to compete this year, and that the opponents they face moving forward are not going to have an easy time as the Sooners take out some aggression from the first half of the season.​

• Like Like x 1