Week 11, 2018

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Northwestern vs. Michigan State​
    #4 Alabama vs. #15 LSU​
    #5 Ohio State vs. Illinois​
    #6 Texas vs. #19 Mississippi State​
    #7 Wisconsin vs. Indiana​
    #11 Florida State vs. Syracuse​
    #12 Michigan vs. #14 Nebraska​
    #13 Oklahoma vs. Ole Miss​
    #16 North Carolina vs. #18 Virginia​
    User Game of Week: #10 Florida vs. #22 Auburn​

2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Did we officially add Northwestern?

3. jandy

jandy Walk On

No UvU games this week, but still quite a few games with conference title implications...should be an interesting one.

In other news, K State is still undefeated and has now jumped all one-loss users in the rankings. They and Oregon need to lose!

4. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Seriously? Has K-State played anyone this year? Unfortunately since we watered down the Big 12 we might see some mediocre undefeated teams every year from there. Maybe we should beef up the competition and add Boise State and BYU to the Big12 or some other relatively regional non-BCS team.

Oregon unfortunately doesn't play anyone tough the rest of the season if I remember correctly. Our only hope with them is that they lose the Pac12 championship game. Not sure who's on top of the other division though.

5. jandy

jandy Walk On

K State still has ranked OK State and Kansas still on the schedule, so there's a good chance they'll lose (hopefully). With no Big 12 CG, there's still that possibility they could run the table in their regular season schedule and make the national championship.

Oregon still has their last 3 games on the road, including rival Oregon State, in addition to the Pac 12 CG. It's looking like they'll play USC or Arizona, both of whom are unranked at this point.

6. jandy

jandy Walk On

I love the parity in CL this year, but it would really suck if there wasn't a user vs user National Championship game

7. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Agreed.

8. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Gimme those loser Ducks next year OOC we'll mop em up! Also maybe scheduling next year we try to get all the big dawgs of big12 and pac12 in at least sombodies schedule so we know they don't run the table.

Also guys I pulled a bonehead move today I bought I worked at 12:30 I began my user game around 1045 and got the call at work "uhh Shaun where are ya!?" I was an hour late so I had to fly in. Leaving te game running would be no issue with a newer ps3 I'm on 2nd gen model an knock on wood it's lasted this long already. It was against lowly 2-7 Syracuse I could likely hang 40 on them blindfolded and handcuffed. Sorry to the restart in adv.

9. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Against Syracuse we can probably let it slide.

• Like Like x 1
  10. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

lmao go check the score of my final and see how badly I jynxed myself. The Cuse Orange were PISSED off today, I woke a sleeping giant with the hands tied behind the back thing....took it to me in OT.... My QB and RB go down with 2quarter long injuries late in the 4th and I didn't get enough out of my backup QB. Oh man.

11. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Dang, tough break man....though I kinda have a soft spot for the Orange since I've been running them for 4 seasons in BNR.

12. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Sorry wrong thread

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  13. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Before anyone says anything about EO's big game, 235 of those yards came in the first half, which I at most led 21-6, and I took that 'big' lead toward the end of the half. I subbed him out but fumbled and Illi cut the lead to 14, put him back in and he busted a few big ones. Not that I feel I need to apologize, it's the only time I've had a game like this in the entire dynasty IMO, but just saying

14. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

#12 Wolverines Make It Look Easy
    Improve To 6-0 In B1G Play
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    ScreenHunter_1090 Feb. 08 11.15.jpg
    Michigan QB Jon Huff had another 3 touchdown performance and the defense held Nebraska to 28 yards on the ground in a very convincing road win at the 14th ranked Cornhuskers. After taking advantage of a fumbled punt return, Michigan opened an early 14-0 lead but Nebraska came right back with two touchdowns of their own to tie it up midway through the 2nd. It seemed like this contest may stay tied at Halftime, but the Wolverines had other ideas. Michigan converted a short FG attempt with about 2 minutes left in the Half, but would themselves up by 10 going into the locker room as Huff connected with freshman wideout Richard Robinson with a 66-yard TD bomb as time expired.
    The 2nd Half was more of the same as the Michigan defense tightened up and Nebraska was unable to build any momentum.
    Next, Michigan looks to clinch a spot in the B1G Championship Game at Northwestern.
    Michigan
    QB Jon Huff - 13/23, 273 YDS, 3 TD, INT, 5 RUSH, 44 YDS
    HB Brian Weldon - 27 RUSH, 77 YDS, 2 TD, 2 REC, 18 YDS
    WR Matt Donaldson - 4 REC, 113 YDS, TD
    OLB Ed Rust - 4 TKLS, 2 SCKS
    Nebraska
    QB Brandon Nicholas - 16/21, 213 YDS, 2 TD, INT
    HB Kellen Green - 8 RUSH, 28 YDS, 3 REC, 37 YDS
    WR Ronnie Jones - 4 REC, 97 YDS, TD
    MLB Josh Shaw - 6 TKLS, 2 FF

• Like Like x 1
  15. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

16. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

I swear I just checked the standings from the dynasty wire website and the Big Ten divisions were labeled "Drunks" and "Idiots" LOL

17. Captain Clutch

Captain Clutch Walk On

Now that I have my posting privileges back, I'll take a moment to introduce myself. I'm Captain Clutch, and I took over coaching responsibilities for the Northwestern Wildcats. I'm good friends with fishdock, who I do another online dynasty with, so I figured I'd join one that motors through the schedule rather than taking painfully long. I look forward to playing with you all, and I think I actually play Crumbler81 next advance, so I get my first taste at the competition.

As for Week 11...

Michigan State Spartans 49, Northwestern Wildcats 28

Northwestern took on Michigan State in a blizzard in Evanston and failed to bounce back from last week's loss against Iowa on the road. The Spartans jumped out to a 28-0 lead with 3 minutes to go in the second quarter before the Wildcats finally found their legs. After numerous attempts to run the ball were thwarted, Northwestern took to the air for moderate success, cutting the deficit in half by half-time, 28-14. It would take just 18 seconds of the third quarter for Kevin Vincent to find Joey Brooks on a 73 yard bomb to start the half, but Vincent would struggle to move the ball on offense from then on out, throwing four interceptions in the second half and losing a fumble. Vincent would finish the day 25/43 for 480 yards, 4 touchdowns, and 5 costly interceptions. The defense didn't have an answer for the Spartan's running attack, yielding 228 yards and 3 touchdowns to Avery Green on the day, and giving up three consecutive touchdowns between the third and fourth quarters. Maurice Washington hauled in a garbage time touchdown, but by that point, the Wildcat's fate was all but sealed. The Wildcats hope to bounce back next week with the #12 Michigan Wolverines coming to town.

Northwestern Player Stats
    Kevin Vincent,QB, 25/43, 480 Yds, 4 TDs, 5 INTs​
    Maurice Washington, WR, 5 Catches, 138 Yds, 2 TDs​
    Joey Brooks, WR, 4 Catches, 125 Yds, 2 TDs​
    Michael Miller, FS, 8 Tkls​
    Mark Butler, MLB, 6 Tkls, 1 INT​
    Michigan State Player Stats
    Rob Young, QB, 18/28, 244 Yds, 3 TDs, 2 INTs​
    Avery Green, RB, 29 Carries, 228 Yds, 3 TDs​
    Scott Lee, TE, 3 Catches, 57 Yds, TD​
    Jon James, FS, 7 Tkls, 1 Sack, 2 INTs​
    Matt Nelson, MLB, 5 Tkls, 1 Sack, 1 INT, 1 FF​

• Like Like x 3
  18. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Welcome man. You have a great challenge with NW but I'm looking forward to your contributions in this one and hopefully NCAA 14

• Like Like x 1
  19. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

welcome captain clutch! Nice recap there good read hope there's more to come. Chi town ...great city, go Hawks! Get those wildcats up to speed I bet they're a problem in no time!

20. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Also, just so everyone knows, as does Spayer, I will just be recruiting for the next week, as I am out of town in Memphis. Thank for the concern in the meantime.

• Like Like x 1