Week 11: Browns at Cowboys

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by dj illmatic 23, Oct 22, 2012.

1. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Browns=Best Defense in the League!?

Cleveland ( dj illmatic 23 )- 20
    at
    Dallas ( RynoAid )- 3
    The Cleveland Browns continue to make the case for having the best defense in the league as they hold DeMarco Murray, one of the leagues leading rushers, to 16 yards on 17 carries in a 20-3 victory over the Dallas Cowboys. Tony Romo did pass for 228 yards, but two costly picks kept his team out of the game. Unlike previous games this season, the Browns defense actually got help from its offense. Rookie QB Brandon Weeden had his best game of the year throwing for 169 yards on 11-13 passing and 2 TD's. The tandem of HB Trent Richardson and Chris Ogbonnaya rushed for 136 yards.

Cleveland took the opening kickoff of the game and drove down the field for the opening score when Weeden hit TE Ben Watson for a 6 yard TD. Cleveland would add a chip shot FG in the second to make it 10-0. Cleveland got the ball back late in the half, and on a 3rd and 2 went with a heavy set. Cleveland gambled with a play action pass, and Weeden found WR Greg Little for a 43 yard TD and a 17-0 lead. Weeden said after the game, "I almost audibled out of that play. I didn't like the look, but I figured we've played terrible all season. What the hell, I might as well take a chance." Dallas had a chance to score late in the half. They had 1st and goal from the 3, but Romo threw and interception leaving the Cowboys empty handed.

Dallas finally got on the scoreboard early in the second half with a FG. Cleveland relied on a steady dose of the run game to move the chains and chew up clock. They added a FG early in the fourth to take a 20-3 lead. Dallas tried to make a comeback late in the game. The Cowboys once again had first and goal inside the 3. The Browns D stuffed two rushing attempts, and on the third FB Lawrence Vickers, on his only carry of the game, fumbled and the Browns recovered. The win moves the Browns to 6-4, and keeps them alive in the playoff chase. The Browns host the division leading Steelers next week. With the loss, the Cowboys fall to 5-5. The good news is they will still sit atop the mediocre NFC East. Dallas will look to right the ship next week as they take on the winless Washington Redskins.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

This game was over before it started it seemed. The Madden gods and a strong Browns defense where having none of it. Two TO's inside the 10 yard line made a huge impact on this game.. one was a crucial fumble, stalling a drive that could have got us back into things.

GG

3. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

The Brown making the playoffs? Has that ever happened? Ha!

4. DU55

DU55 Walk On

I stick with my prediction that 3 AFC North teams make the playoffs. Steelers, Browns, and Bengals.