Week 11: Cards - 35, Rams - 28

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by pbates86, Jun 19, 2010.

1. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Week 11: Cards - 35, Rams - 28

Following the Card's heartbreaking defeat at the hands of the Eagles in overtime in week 10, Coach Bates wanted to see how his players responded away against division leading Rams. Their first match-up in week 2 was a close one and Coach Bates knew his hands would be full against this red hot team.

Cards won the toss and chose to receive in the 2nd half. First play of the game Donnie Avery takes a screen play 45 yards. 2 plays later Joseph Addai took a toss to the left for a 11 yard TD run. Not the start Cards were hoping for. 7-0 Rams.

Determined to answer, Lienart directed a masterful drive down the field, mixing some well placed passes with chain moving runs my rookie phenom Bjoern Mason. Unfortunately, the drive ended with a INT in the red zone as Lienart threw a poor pass with pressure in his face. Rams turned the turned the turnover into 7 points with a 25 yard TD run from Addai, his 2nd of the day. 14-7 Rams.

Cards finally get on the board in the 2nd quarter with a TD pass to Lienart's favorite receiver Kellen Winslow Jr. Rams answered with a TD pass to Sidney Rice. 21-7 Rams

With time running out in the 1st half and behind by 2 TDs, Cards attempted to get a quick score, but Alonzi Simms jumped in front of the Lienart pass and put an end to those plans. With less than a minute to go in the half, the Rams turned the ball over themselves into hands of Gregory Toler who took it 58 yards for the Pick 6. 14-21 Rams

2nd Half

Still holding the momentum from the Toler's TD, the Cardinals owned the 2nd half. Lienart threw his 2nd TD pass of the day to Anquan Boldin and Bjoern Mason found the endzone twice on long runs of 50 and 47 yards. Rams got a score late with a TD pass to Steven Jackson but it was too little, too late and Cards get the come from behind victory, 35-28.

Player of game goes to Bjoern Mason once again who ran for 206 yards and 2 TDs on only 21 carries.

GG Bluebean.

2. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

Nice win Bates. I had a chance to make the score 24-7 and make it a whole different ball game but Rice had a key drop and then I threw a pick 6 and the whole game just turned around. My 4 game winning streak is over and now I'll need to win another 5 out of 6 to make the playoffs at 11-5 because I won't win tiebreakers at 10-6. One game at a time, its been fun though.

3. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Put Alonzi Simms back at MLB. His rating might go up at OLB but I've seen that MLBs have so much more of an impact that OLBs. Plus I had him in another franchise and hes just awesome.