Week 11: Colts (14) at Patriots (41)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by coachgaddy, Oct 11, 2010.

1. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Week 11: Colts (14) at Patriots (41)

EA secures win for the Patriots over the Colts.

The replay game after the disconnects was charge by turnovers as Meriweather had 3 interceptions 2 in the 1st quarter which allowed the Pats to jump out early on the Colts. From there the game was too far out of reach.

The game that mattered was the first.

Colts came out with the mindset to move the ball with a balance attack which had the Pats defense on their heels. They would jump out on the Patriots (10-0). The Colts defense also was being stingy as they harassed Brady and the receivers into turnovers and tons of pressure. The Patriots went into the second half with less than 150 yards of total offense. The Colts had several chance to really pull away from the Patriots but the defense really closed the door several times as Manning was unable to get the needed pts. That alone kept the Patriots in the game. With the score (10-0) Colts, Brady found himself entering the 4th quarter needing a score. Patriots were able to move the ball down the field in 5WR sets to spread the blitzing defense of the Colts. On a crucial 3rd and goal play Brady looked to hit Givens on a out who didn't turn around for the ball in time and they had to settle for a FG. When the Colts got the ball back the game disconnected and 1 quarter was played to simulate the last 6min. Colts started with the ball but the Patriots defense was able to force them into a punt. From there Brady again commanded a drive using full WR sets and several 4th down conversions by big game Torry Holt to eventually get the game tying score with under 2:00 left. From there the Colts would try to attack up top to Wayne but Butler was there for the interception to give the Patriots back
    the ball. From there the game disconnected and left us with the above game. We will never know who would have won the first game but the Colts were in control the whole time I wish that game could have been finished.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Spot on write up Gaddy.

I played maybe the best game of my Madden career in that first contest but of course EA jumps in and all that goes out the window.

But I have to lick my wounds and move on. 10 wins for my Colts is still a possibility and that is what I will be shooting for.

On a side note.
    Dunlap, Jags vs Colts will be my Super Bowl..You better be READY!!

Colts will be healthy and hungry!!!!

3. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

That certain sucks guys, was this a gaddy v CPU as earlier suggested or did it finally finish the game with disc?

If it was user v user and didnt disc, what trick finally worked to keep the connection?

4. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Titans play 5 AFC south opponents is their last 5 weeks, that is my playoffs/superbowl... YALL better be ready lol.

FYI, CJ is averaging 295yds rushing in his last two games....... Somebody learned how to run finally.

5. Jeremy

Ox, we did the unranked game first. We played one full qtr of an unranked game, making sure to score and throw an Int or two. The change of possessions went off without disconnecting and then we quit and started our franchise game and it let us finish.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Does it have to be a full quarter, or can it just be until both teams score/throw a pick/turnover/whatever? Or do we know?

7. Big D

Big D Walk On

Jags are seriously hurting Jeremy. I'll be ready like always, but I am going to be lacking some serious talent at vital positions.

Advantage (big advantage) Colts....

8. Jeremy

Nice try my brotha but I aint buying what you selling.

Its gonna take a perfect game to beat you, injuries or not.

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'm with Jeremy on this one. Nice try, but the women in white dresses will NOT be buying ketchup popsicles.