Week 11 Content/Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by AJ Hart MN, Nov 21, 2010.

1. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Welcome to Week 11!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

Thanks for getting these games in a timely manner. I don't know when Soda will want to advance yet but by the looks of his schedule, he'll want to sometime late tomorrow night.

A couple of user games this week as Alabama travels to LSU and Nebraska goes to Norman to face the Sooners.. Good luck Fellas.

=============== #5 Texas Longhorns (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 41-14 against Oklahoma State (3-6).
    This week, the Longhorns travel to Lawrence to face the Kansas Jayhawks (6-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) HB Ryan Osborn has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #8 LSU Tigers (7-2) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers will host #10 Alabama (9-1).
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LG Drew Hairston has committed to Alabama
    - (***) WR Ahmad Warren has committed to Southern Miss
    - (****) WR Jonathan Mitchell has committed to Oregon

=============== #3 Boston College Eagles (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Boston College won 38-21 against Mississippi State (3-6).
    This week, the Eagles travel to Raleigh to face the NC State Wolfpack (5-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Boston College targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Marlon Hampton has committed to Western Michigan

=============== #18 Clemson Tigers (6-3) ===============
    Last week, Clemson won 34-9 against Duke (3-6).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Tallahassee to face the #20 Florida State Seminoles (7-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Ryan McDonald has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (****) CB Maurice Connor has committed to South Carolina
    - (****) DT Jason Lake has committed to Clemson

=============== #1 Florida Gators (10-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida won 38-13 against Ole Miss (4-5).
    This week, the Gators travel to Nashville to face the #24 Vanderbilt Commodores (6-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS Darius McKinley has committed to Miami

=============== #14 Miami Hurricanes (7-3) ===============
    Last week, Miami lost 31-27 against Virginia Tech (8-1).
    This week, the Hurricanes are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Joe Smith has committed to Tennessee
    - (***) C Marcus Carey has committed to Michigan State
    - (***) TE Talib Grier has committed to UCLA
    - (***) QB David Hall has committed to Georgia Tech

=============== #10 Alabama Crimson Tide (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 42-17 against Vanderbilt (6-2).
    This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Baton Rouge to face the #8 LSU Tigers (7-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LG Drew Hairston has committed to Alabama

=============== #25 Missouri Tigers (6-3) ===============
    Last week, Missouri won 48-30 against Kansas State (4-5).
    This week, the Tigers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Missouri targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Joe Fitzpatrick has committed to Missouri

=============== #23 Nebraska Cornhuskers (6-3) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 45-10 against Iowa State (4-5).
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Norman to face the #4 Oklahoma Sooners (8-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Matt Russell has committed to Florida State
    - (****) WR Jonathan Mitchell has committed to Oregon

=============== #4 Oklahoma Sooners (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 38-20 against Texas A&M (7-3).
    This week, the Sooners will host #23 Nebraska (6-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RT Kevin Brown has committed to Texas A&M
    - (***) P Chris Chavez has committed to Tennessee
    - (*****) HB Ryan Osborn has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #6 South Carolina Gamecocks (8-1) ===============
    Last week, South Carolina won 34-20 against Kentucky (2-5).
    This week, the Gamecocks will host Mississippi State (3-6).
    In recruiting news, the following South Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Bob Ruffin has committed to Connecticut
    - (****) DT Jason Lake has committed to Clemson
    - (***) SS Mark Roberts has committed to Georgia Tech
    - (***) FS Mark Bracken has committed to South Carolina
    - (****) SS Marcus Caldwell has committed to South Carolina
    - (****) CB Maurice Connor has committed to South Carolina

=============== #7 Virginia Tech Hokies (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 31-27 against Miami (7-3).
    This week, the Hokies will host Auburn (3-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Marcus Carey has committed to Michigan State
    - (****) FS Ryan McDonald has committed to Virginia Tech

2. AJ Hart MN

I'm not sure what to tell you about LSU Joe.. I don't think he's even bothered to check the forums since he joined the OD. I think we'll give him til tomorrow to let us know if he's committed or not. If we don't get any response, maybe we'll put him on auto and look for a new member. You get by that game and it's me and you in the big game.. good luck :thumbsup:

3. AJ Hart MN

With all the hoopla surrounding the Gator recruiting class, the Sooners are quietly putting together a monster class themselves. They already have 8 :5stars: commits and 2 :4stars:guys.. Whew, they might be a chore to deal with in upcoming years.

4. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

I noticed that OU was putting together a great class. Does not bode well for me but I am confident I will be right there soon.

5. AJ Hart MN

btw.. I was looking through some of the award semi-finalists and geez Bama, what are you guys doing on D?? My lord, the top guys are all pretty much Bama dudes. Your starting to make me feel like I don't want to play you anymore. lol

6. AJ Hart MN

Yeah, you'll be fine. Texas pretty much recruits itself. I fully expect you to be right at the top by the end of the year and for years to come.

7. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Define Disaster...Losing Richardson and Lacy in the first two plays. LSU beats Bama 45-28

8. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Mizzou cracks into the top 25. And with a bye week, that is all from Columbia.

9. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Sorry about my lack of involvment early on. Got really busy out of nowhere and the Bears played the awkward Thursday Night Football game.

Rest assured LSU is in good hands and is ready to march to the SEC Championship.

10. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Hey guys, I'm back. I will check and see where we are when I get home tonight at about 9:00-9:30.

11. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Glad to have you back man.

12. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

The Hokies of Virginia Tech took care of Auburn at home by a score of 45-31. Earning player of the game honors was once again David Wilson who rushed for 244 yards on 19 carries with 3 touchdowns. The passing game faltered early on and Wilson took over as he scampered for a couple long runs, one in the 2nd quarter for 78 yards which got Tech on the scoreboard after falling behind 14-0 early. Logan Thomas bounced back from a rough first quarter to finish 15-of-26 with 212 yards and two touchdowns. His favorite target on the day was Senior wideout Xavier Boyce. The running game was the story on offense though as even backup Tony Gregory eclipsed the 100 yard mark. They amounted for 344 yards on the ground and it was a train that the Auburn Defense could not stop from rolling. The Tigers did not play like a 3-6 and played inspired football, but in the end it was not enough. The Hokies move to 9-1 and are looking to defeat rival Virginia at home next week before having a bye.

13. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Im back AJ. When is deadline?

14. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Nebraska - 56
    Oklahoma - 52

This game was actually played almost twice. The first time Tbird and I were playing, my internet connection crapped out on me in the middle of the 3rd quarter of a great game...Nebraska was leading 28-24 I believe. I had to reset my modem and Tbird was nice enough to play the game over again. The second game played out eerily like the first, with OU breaking away with a 14 point lead in the 2nd quarter, but Nebraska came firing back and it was back and forth all the way to the end. Neither defense could do much in the way of stopping their opponent, as the scoreboard was lighting up like fireworks. The Cornhuskers were down 52-49 in the 4th quarter with a few minutes to go, and Coach Fuzzy decided to go with a long, methodical drive that would chew as much clock as possible. This plan was executed to perfection as Nebraska scored on a short goal line rush and went up 56-52 with :25 seconds left. This was not enough time for the explosive OU offense to strike back, and the Cornhuskers escape with a win. Great, great game Tbird.

Stats:

[​IMG]

15. AJ Hart MN

I imagine tonight bro.. Soda just got back himself and we've been trying to get on a schedule he has made and tonight would be the advance. We only got to this week yesterday afternoon but most guys are already done. :thumbsup:

16. AJ Hart MN

Wow, 32-36??? Unreal!!

17. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I know, an 89% completion rating is insane. Definitely the highest percentage I've ever had (in games with at least 25 attempts by the QB). It would have been even more stellar if 2 of those 4 total incompletions didn't go to the OU defense.

18. SodaAddict

Ugh... freaking fantastic.

Florida State just beat me thanks to my star QB getting hurt for the season and missing the rest of the season and my backup sucking. I still had the game won and Florida State connected on a pass that two of my guys tipped first to set up the game winning field goal.

Advancing as soon as I get done with highlights.

God I'm tired of losing.

4 Losses by a combined 19 points (7 in OT, 7, 3 with a missed field goal in the last second, and 2)

19. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

FSU is just a killer this season. I know all about the noles making a late game winning fg drive...

20. SodaAddict

Check out the interception that magically went to the defense to set up the drive, and then the double coverage tipped ridiculous catch to set up the field goal.

So lame. Is Wes Miles secretly playing as Florida State in our league?

Be gone with you, Wes Miles, you lucky bastard.

21. AJ Hart MN

Gotta love my Noles!! It would be hilarious if they found a way to win the coastal division..

Soda, do you mean Les Miles??

22. SodaAddict

No, I mean his twin brother who would have time to play NCAA 2011. Let me have my dream world, sir. Haha.

Yeah I meant Les Miles. I'm out of it today.

23. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

GO NOLES.

24. AJ Hart MN

Although the Gators won easily over Vandy in week 11, all was not great in Gainesville. Star halfback Mack Brown went down with a injury and probably will miss the rest of the season. Stud freshman speedster Tim Wright will take over some of Brown's carries and Senior Mike Gillislee will get the bulk of the workload. Freshman QB Lance West has struggled a bit lately, ok he's not really struggled but hasn't been up to his torrid pace that he was on earlier in the season. With LSU coming on strong, West will need to regain his form from earlier in the season.

The Gators now have a bye before they face USER killer Florida St. The Gators hope to avoid being the fifth user to fall to the Seminoles. If I was a betting man, my money would be on the Gators.. Expect a crooked score!!