Week 11 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Week 11 Game Summaries

Its time ........Good Luck

2. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Nevada Escapes Fresno State 38-30​

Ranked for the first time all season, Nevada avoided an epic collapse against Fresno State. With a boisterious crowd on hand to cheer their team to an upset, the Fresno State faithfuls were relentless throughout the game. "It was so loud out there...a lot of colorful language," said Coach Nguyen.

Right from the beginning, Nevada faced their worst nightmare: Via Taua getting injured. The last time Taua was injured early in the game, Cal seized the momentum and gave Nevada the only lost of the season. However, this injury was even more serious than the first, resulting in Taua missing the next 5 weeks. "I feel for him. He is a Heisman candidate and also a senior. This isn't how it should be," said Coach Nguyen. "He has lead us this far and we appreciate it. But he also knows that this team is about more than one guy. Taua will be on the sidelines mentoring the players and cheering us on. That's just who he is," said Coach Nguyen.

In the first quarter, backup HB Lampford Mark ran in for a 1yard touchdown, the first of two TD's for the day. However, he only managed 37 yards on a whopping 19 carries. Fresno State answered the call by moving the ball down field methodically. On 4 and inches from the goal line, the Nevada defense made an improbable stop. "That was a killer. They were absolutely deflated. I mean they just needed a few inches to get in the endzone. Not today. Not against this team," said defensive leader Dontay Moch.

A quick Kaepernick TD throw and a Mike Andrews fumble return for a TD ensued. Fresno State would score right before halftime to make it 21-7, Nevada. The 3rd quarter was rather drab, with Mark getting his second TD of the day. The 4th quarter was when things got really interesting. Up 35-7, Nevada decided to run out the clock rather than passing the ball downfield against a Fresno State defense that was baffled by the aerial attack. This lead to quick 3 and outs due to Lampford Mark being absolutely unproductive. Fresno State capitalized by scoring 3 TD's and converting 2 2pt conversions. Their final rally was an onside kick that didn't materialize, resulting in the final score being 38-30. "Next time, we're throwing the ball. It's not about sportsmanship, it's about closing games out," said a defiant Kaepernick.

How will Nevada respond, as it is painfully obvious that they will no longer be able to grind it out in the running game. Will Taua's injury derail Nevada's hope for the conference championship and a chance at a major bowl game? Tune in next week!

Easter Picks Off Carr
    [YOUTUBE]xt-Kj9kzIhM[/YOUTUBE]

Kaepernick Hits Green for the Long TD
    [YOUTUBE]CVWrrKDGbe8[/YOUTUBE]

Rumbling, stumbling, TD
    [YOUTUBE]6BdnXuRRG6g[/YOUTUBE]

Kaepernick with the Quick Strike
    [YOUTUBE]cKY5ZF7K6NE[/YOUTUBE]

3. bdub

bdub Walk On

Utah State vs. San Jose St

Coming off a win last week Utah St was hoping to continue their recent success. Instead they only got mistakes and more mistakes ultimately falling to the Spartans of San Jose St 24 to 21.

"We should have won this game but made far to many mistakes and gave this game away. We have to hold on to the ball a lot better if we hope to win games in the future." said Coach B after the game.

Utah State ended up throwing 2 interceptions and loosing 2 fumbles. Ultimatly HB Michael Smith was pulled for third string HB Derrvin Speight who played much better.

Still it was not enough to right the ship and pull out a win.

Offense

QB Diodre Borel
    12 for 31 for 124 yards and 2 interceptions

HB Derrvin Speight
    12 attempts for 85 yards and 1 touchdown

WR Mikhail Morgan
    3 catches for 26 yards and a touchdown

Defense

LB Devin Johnson
    5 tackles

CB Quinton Byrd
    4 tackles, 2 sacks, and 1 forced fumble

4. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Rockets win at Rival NIU: MAC West Crown in sight

The Toledo Rockets ventured into Northern Illinois Saturday night for a cold, windy game in front of a capacity crowd. Behind their effective running game the Rockets were able to hang tough throughout the first half, and then pull away in the second half as the NIU defense withered in the cold.

Leading the way for the running attack was sophomore Jake Walker who rushed for 138 yards and 3 touchdowns, his big day was exasperated by the stinger that cost junior Morgan Williams nearly two quarters of play, but he still was able to finish with 129 yards rushing and one touchdown.
    Sophomore quarterback Austin Dantin was reliable, and efficient as he went 11-16 for a 69% completion percentage. His ability to manage the game and not turn over the ball more than made up for his low passing numbers of 181 yards and two passing touchdowns.
    Defensively things were slow for the Rockets as NIU was able to score at will in the first half. But after some halftime adjustments the defense was able to pitch a second half shutout. Senior linebacker Archie Donald lead the way with 8 solo tackles, and one tackle for a loss. His fellow backer sophomore Robert Bell added 6 solo tackles, 2 tackles for a loss, and a sack to help contribute to the defensive success in this one.

1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    Toledo 7 14 7 14 42
    NIU 7 14 0 0 21

5. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

Great win Carolina.. Toledo is rocking.

Bdub, San Jose St. is no gimme this year... Seen a couple users fall to them in other dynasties and I think this one too.. You were damn close! Good games guys.

6. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

UTEP 24 - Arkansas 27

Another Week, Another Heartbreak

It was more of the same for the UTEP Miners as they traveled to Arkansas to play a big and speedy SEC team on their home turf. It was a winter wonderland and it snowed heavily the whole game. Ryan Mallett had no problem with the weather as he tore apart UTEPs defense going 20-27 for 268 yards and 2 scores as UTEP front four could not provide the pressure they needed to help their DBs. UTEP fell down quick going down 14-zip in the first quarter but was able to fight their way back to just 10 back in the fourth. After the Miner's missed a 45 yard field goal they were finally able to stop the Razorbacks offense and get the ball back with time running out. James Thomas once again led an impressive 2-minute drill once again and was able to connect with Evan Davis for a 31 yard strike with just :44 seconds left in the game. It was dejavu once again, as the Miner were down early, came back late, and scored in the final minutes to set up an on side kick... this time there would be no heroics. UTEP's onside kick was kicked directly to a Razorback player and was tackled immediately. It was heart break once again. We were able to catch up with the Miner's head coach before he ducked away to the locker room, "I'm proud of my guys, they played with a lot of heart. Last week was an absolute killer game, it really takes a lot out of you to lose like that. It's exciting to my guys fight each and every game and you gotta take your hate off to Arkansas they have a ton of really good athletes and it showed out there today. We got one more game this season and I know my guys will play with heart and won't give up."

7. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

UTEP has really had a brutal schedule man.. You've played amazingly.. You're what, less than 10 points from being 9-2 instead?

I can't wait for sliders to be implemented so EVERYONE struggles :D

8. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

You know I really enjoy it.. UTEP is a pretty bad team and Arkansas is a SEC team thats bigger and faster. I made some horrible plays and they took advantage. We've won games were suppose to win and lost games we werent suppose to win...

**On the topic of sliders... can some one shoot me a PM on how to upload videos from my other dynasty. I play as Oregon and played Oregon State last night and it was the most incredible, real, authentic game Ive ever experience. Id love for you guys to see how real the game play is and some plays that were made.

9. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

You've had a tough schedule utep. You'll be ready next year.

On the topic of sliders if u haven't already-post the slider set in the slider section. As far as video uploads go, checkout the yearbook thread i posted a step by step for video and pics

10. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Edit

11. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Red Wolves Roll

[​IMG][​IMG]

On Saturday the Red Wolves continued their dominance over the Sun Belt competition by defeating Western Kentucky. Once again a combination of Defense and Offense scroring lead the Red Wolves to a 35-0 lead at the half. The 2nd string team came in and continued to fluster the Western Kentucky offense but failed to put any scoring drives together. Late in the 4th quarter the Hilltopers refused to quit scoring 14 unanswered points. Coach Sabo had this to say after the game " We played a good game today, not great. I still see things my boys need to improve on and we will. Western Kentucky was a great opponent and showed alot of charector by not giving up the fight. When asked about the possible Sun Belt title game with FIU , Coach Sabo said "We cant be worried about 2 weeks from now. We have to go to the locker room, come back out tomorrow morning and prepare for our next opponent Navy."

The Red Wolves improve to 8-2 on the season and still remain unbeaten in Sun Belt conference play. The Red Wolves travel to take on Navy next week in what will be a slugfest before a potential title game with FIU.

[​IMG]

Look out Navy, HERE COME THE RED WOLVES !!!
    [​IMG]

12. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

Those are some epic screen shots Sabo, and great win :)

13. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Thanks, i actually spend alot time on the screne shots, lookin through plays for good pics. I hope i will be able to shut down that navy offense next week.

14. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

FIU (24) @ Troy (27)

The Golden Panthers traveled to Movie Gallery Stadium on Saturday, and were beat on a last second field goal by the host Trojans. It was a hard faught game by both teams as was evident by the Triojans taking the opening kick off an driving down the field for a TD, only to have the following kickoff taken to the house by the Golden Panthers. The key to this game was turnovers, not necessarily the quantity but where they occured, FIU had two drives haulted by costly turnovers. We attempted to catch up with Coach Stewart after the game, but were told he was unavailable for comment, yelling was heard coming from the FIU lockeroom, which we can not repeat here.

FIU/Troy
    Score 24/27
    First Downs 17/13
    Total Offense 295/428
    Rushes(attempts-yds-td) 18-106-1/21-174-2
    Passing (comp-att-td) 16-36-1/ 22-34-1
    Passing yards 189/254
    3rd Down % 53%/36%
    Turnover 2/1
    Fumbles 1/0
    INT 1/1
    TOP 16:34/11:26

15. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Damn thats a tough loss bro. Youll recover though

16. iluvfitness

iluvfitness Walk On

Wyoming @ UNLV

After driving down the field on their first possession, Wyoming looked like they came to play.. unfortunately for them, that wasn't the case.

UNLV running backs and QB ran through, around and over Wyoming's defense all day long, winning 35-3 in a game that wasn't as close as the score indicates.

Congrats to UNLV, they will be tough to bring down.

17. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Tough loss bro, but your like me and have a young team. This is only the beginning for all of us.

18. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

iluvfitness is being a bit generous with his description of the game because it was certainly closer than the score indicates...

Wyoming drove the length of the field, at will, on their opening drive. They stalled out inside the 5 due to a busted play hurting them. After having to settle for a FG, UNLV answered back on a big QB Power run. Wyoming looked poised to answer, when starting QB Carta Samuels was injured on a passing play. His back up game in a was clearly rattled, over throwing a wide open WR for an INT. UNLV was able to tack on another TD on a big option play.

Wyoming was never able to answer back due to a combination of their weakness with their back-up QB and their inability to wrap up on defense. I am sure iluvfitness was disappointed by his team's willingness to miss tackles that ended up going for big plays. Don't let iluvfitness fool you guys, he will build a great program up there and with Carta Samuels at QB, he can move the ball down field.

19. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Tough loss iluvfitness, but UNLV has a pretty talented roster. Good game guys!