Week 11: Jaguars 35, Bills 27

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Week 11: Jaguars 35, Bills 27

Big win for the Jags today, as they kept themselves in the Wildcart hunt with a win. I will post details tonight. Was a really fun game full off great offensive strategy from both sides. If the Bills would have had another minute on the clock they might have tied this one up as their late drive stalled on the 35.

Game featured a couple of rules violations on both sides, however we just both agreed that it didn't affect the game that much and played on.

Jags violation
    --------------
    -Tried a fake punt on 4th and 3 from their own 41 yard line. Apparently that was a no no. However I was picked off later in the drive anyways so things probably evened out.

Bills violations
    --------------
    -Was bringing extra blockers WAY back before the snap on punt returns.
    -Threw way outside of the numbers a couple of times for moderate gains.

However like I said I didn't thing Bluebean did anything too egregious. . .he just probably wasn't aware of the rules. Solid sim style player in my mind. As for my mistake I thought we were allowed 1 fake per game. That was my fault.

2. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

After a week 1 loss to the Bills in Week 11 the Patriots have regain control of the AFC East.

3. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

Good Game. I try not to complain about rules, so I won't. I've had guys bring a lineman back to help block on a punt return against me so I thought it was fine to bring an extra man back there. The other rule about throwing outside the numbers, what does that mean?...

4. Bluebean

Good Game. Good League Game once again.

The minor infractions on both sides are nothing to gripe about if they are even illegal or not. Maybe Nate or someone can just mention something on this thread just to clarify it anyway

Jags up by 4pts in the 3rd quarter and call a punt fake on 4th and 3 from their own 41

Bills drop a lineman back in punt return to help block for the return

Bills throw outside the numbers? I don't know what that meant. Jags, what was that?

5. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

He means that if you roll out with your QB once you pass the numbers on either side of the field you have to throw it away or run with your QB

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

What sdunlap did was legal.

Fake Punts and FGs follow same rules as 4th down.

7. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

ya, it wasn't the fake punt that was illegal, it was when he used it. Also dropping extra blockers is fine, its not against the rules for now. Bluebean, when you roll with your qb you must throw it before you get to the numbers or run or throw away after the numbers. when a qb gets past the numbers defenders start to pull off of wr's, rb's and te's, and start chasing the qb. its something we don't allow here.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

9. Bluebean

Ok about the rolling out and throwing past the numbers, I understand now. I had Garcia scrambling for his life but it won't happen again. Thanks. None of this affected the outcome, I just lost again. Good Luck the rest of the way Jags.

10. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

17 - 4th Down
    A) If you are past your own 40 yard line but not yet to your opponent's 40 yard line, you can go for it on 4th down if the yardage is 3 yards or less ONLY.
    B) If on your opponent's 40 yard line or closer, the yardage must be 1 yard or less to go for it on 4th down.
    C) If you are behind by two touchdowns or more in the first half, you can go for it whenever you like.
    D) If you are losing in the second half you can go for it whenever you like.

after re-reading what you guys posted, if it were on the 41 yard line and 3 yards then it was legal to go for a fake.

11. Big D

Big D Walk On

gotchya. . .