Week 11: Jets 31 Texans 30

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Matt54987, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

Week 11: Jets 31 Texans 30

Were the boards down late yesterday for anybody else? I couldn't access them at about 10pm and I was up until studying until 3am pacific this morning and the boards were down the entire time.

I will have a recap within the hour or after class this evening.

2. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

Jets survive Texan onslaught, win 31-30

[​IMG]
    Santonio Holmes celebrates a first quarter touchdown pass from Matt Sanchez​

New York -- Down 30-24 with under five minutes left in the fourth quarter, the Jets manufactured a drive which ended on a one-yard touchdown run by fullback Tony Richardson.

Richardson's run would be the final score of the game and hand the Jets their first win since coach Davis took over.

"It feels good to get this one out of the way. I just wish it had been easier," said Davis.

Even without Andre Johnson, the Texan offense made things difficult on the Jet defense. Matt Schaub connected with 5 different receivers, including 7 completions to tight end Owen Daniels.

After losing Sanchez to injury, backup Kellen Clemens came in and missed multiple key throws to wide open guys, which at the time appeared to have killed the Jets' chances, especially after Cotchery fumble a punt. Reeves recovered the fumble for Houston and took it 9 yards for the touchdown to give Houston a 27-24 lead.

A Neil Rackers field goal put Houston up 6 before the Jets mounted their game-winning drive.

"It was just something where we knew if we could score on our last drive, our defense would come up big and get a stop," said Clemens after the game.

The defense certainly held up their end of the bargain, but they certainly made the new ball coach nervous. After David Anderson burned Revis on a drag (LOL), the Texans were setup with 1st and 10 at midfield needing only a field goal to win. Rackers had already nailed one from 53-yards out. But after an incompletion and a sack, Schaub threw a pass into traffic that was picked off by rookie Kyle Wilson to seal the deal for the Jets.

Great game Moogle. Great offense!

Highlights to come.