Week 11 - New York Jets @ St. Louis Rams

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by recchem2000, Oct 23, 2012.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

This game was all about turnovers. The Jets made too many of them to put this game away. The Rams were in a giving mode early, fumbling on their opening drive. This allowed the Jets to jump out to an early 13-0 lead. However late in the 2nd quarter a Mark Sanchez fumble gave the Rams life and they scored to make it a 6 point game. Then the turning point of the game happened. With under 10 seconds to play in the half, Sanchez threw a pick in the endzone. This score might have given the Jets all the points they needed. The Rams used this momentum and built a 21-13 lead, mostly based on New York turnovers, going into the final minutes of the game.

Sanchez would hit Holmes on a long TD pass but the 2 pt conversion failed. New York elected to kick away with 2 minutes to play. Stephen Jackson picked up one first down and the Rams ran out the clock.

A personal note: I couldn't move the ball for shit against the Jets defense. Great game Randiesel75 Like I told you on live, Im getting good at winning ugly! Good luck to you the rest of the season!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

recchem2000

This was a great game. I was feeling very good with an early 13-0 lead, who wouldn't. I tell you, in the middle of the 2nd quarter when the Rams recovered the fumble, I could feel the momentum switch. The home crowd was alive and the Rams defense responded.

The really did come down to the wire, poor pass on the 2-point conversion to the TE and some great Rams coverage. I figured with the way our defense was playing early, it was best to punt it deep and use my 3 timeouts. And then came Stephen Jackson!

I had a lot of fun, good luck the rest of the season. Hopefully we link up season #2.

• Like Like x 1