Week 11 Now Open - Deadline 10.6.10 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Oct 4, 2010.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 11 Now Open - Deadline 10.6.10 7:00 a.m. EST

Week 11 Now Open

Please complete by October 6, 2010 7:00 a.m. EST
    GBN v. GBN =

Buffalo (dredd) @ Kent St. (Commish)

Toledo (Colts) @ Miami, OH (Roady)

Scheduling threads up shortly...

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Scheduling Threads Up

3. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

NIU finally plays a good game but again its not enough. We lost to Ohio 35-34. I scored a TD with 30 seconds left in the game and elected to go for 2 instead of OT. I set up in a 4 wide formation and hit the slot reciever running a drag at the goalline. He was hit and dropped and the goalline and I thought he got in but it was very close. They would not let me challege the spot and didnt get a booth review.

DAMN

4. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

Through the games in week 10 here are the rushing leaders for each user team:

[​IMG]

5. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Good to see the running numbers going up a bit and the passing numbers going down a bit.

6. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Mine would be higher if I were not playing from behind the whole game...lol

7. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Going to try and hold off upset minded U tonight. Already bowl eligible

8. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Fixed it for ya. (y)

Commish defeats Dredd's Bulls 38-7. Commish tries to run out the clock and the damn FB dive play gets a first down and then of course the Buffalo defender drives him 4 more yards into the endzone for the final "run it up" TD.

The Bulls were clearly ready for the Kent St. wide open offense and forced the Golden Flashes to throw short all game long and dink and dunk down the field. The Golden Flashes were held to a season low (I believe) 250 yards passing.

GG Man GL Rest of the Way!

9. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

Buffalo did its best but a lack of depth and talent expose its weaknesses after awhile. You can only get so far with smoke and mirrors. Didn't do too bad this game as I am adjusting to playing with such a bad team...we will get better. NO EXCUSES NO EXPLANATIONS!! Now for some MNF!!!!

10. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Toledo wins at Dat U 31-10. Toledo scored 21 unanswered in the 1st quarter. Fumbles hurt Dat U early one. The game was 21-0 at halftime. Opening Kickoff of 2nd hakf Page returns it 9yds for a td making it 28-0. Final score was 31-10. Dat u had 3 fumbles and 1 Int and a guy dropped a wide open td with noone within 5 yards of him. GG roady

11. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Temple finally gets a win vs a BCS opponent 17-13 over Maryland. The Owl faithful who made the trip could be heard chanting "M-A-C, M-A-C" at the Marylanders. Unfortunately, none of the Maryland fans knew what that meant.

Somehow, someway, Temple wins despite not forcing a punt or turnover on defense. Yes, that is correct. I don't know either.

12. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Phew - it was a game for about 5minutes. After trading punts of the opening drives, Toledo grabs a 7-0 lead. Miami was driving in to FG range when the first fumble squashed that. Rockets drive down and go up 14-0. On the next kickoff, Dat U's return man would cough up the ball when he ran into a stern cross wind. Rockets recover and flip an easy PA pass to their wide open TE. It's 21-0 and the Rockets were warming up the bus.

On the KO for a TD, and another long TD run, both carriers broke multiple tackles. And this was with the defensive settings toned down to conservative. Miami tried to show some pride, and not get completely embarrased, but the Gods didn't have it. A wide open Glenn Beck dropped a perfect lob pass in the back of the end zone, as he was more concerned about keeping his toes in bound. Or maybe the ball said "Made in China."

The weak O-Line play and bad tackling will force a coaching change soon. Old friend from Fresno State, Victor Conte, may be rehired as strength and conditioning coach.

GG ND.

The way turnovers are plaguing my team, I may switch monickers to Dat U-Turn.

13. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

After a conference loss the Falcons looked to punch Auburn right in the mouth early.

Bowling Green.....42
    Auburn..............21

14. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

Back to back rivalry game wins for WMU. Last week it was an easy win versus Eastern Michigan 33-7 and this week a solid win versus Central Michigan 28-14. Still hasn't translated to the recruiting trail yet...

Seemingly everything is going right for Western Michigan this year. My o-line is just dominant and its really easy to pound the ball all over my opponents.

Still can't believe I lost to you ND. I had that game and I let it slip away at the end. Would have been 11-0. You'll pay next year.