Week 11: Raiders(31)vs.Titans(35)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Jun 17, 2010.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Week 11: Raiders(31)vs.Titans(35)

TITANS STUN THE BAY
    [YOUTUBE]ouZBZRVsb28[/YOUTUBE]
    Titans WR Nate Washington diving to catch the go ahead score with minutes left in the game

The Oakland Raiders visited Nashville this week to play the Tennessee Titans in their week 11 matchup in the OMFL regular season. The Raiders came in rolling on all cylinders, posting an 8-1 record and running away with the AFC west. The titans came in 4-5 on a down note, after thinking they had turned their season around, the titans laid a big fat turd of a game last week vs the saints.

The game started off with the Titans deferring to second half and the Raiders got the ball and got to work early. The raiders were 21-0 up midway through the first half with scores by Fargas Schilens and Hayward-Bey, and the titans were unable to get even ONE first down until late late in the first quarter. Coach Ox felt the game was out of control and at the very least he could do was get CJ the ball even though his gut told him to pass away. CJ responded with a big run to get the titans in the redzone and continued on to score on a 7 yard pass out of the flats. With the score 21-7 late in the half, the raiders went to air early and Heyward-Bey went 75 yards and scored to break all the Titans momentum at home, but on the titans next possession, second year titans WR Jimmy manning broke man coverage and went 66 yards to answer for a score. The raiders then squeaked in a FG at the half to make the halftime score 31-14.

The raiders thought they had the win going into the second half with the titans defense playing as badly as the local titan fans have ever seen before. The titans got the ball first and with fresh legs, CJ broke a big one and scored from 59 yards out to make the score 31-21. For the first time since opening kickoff, coach ox felt he was in the game and wanted to keep feeding CJ and hoped the defense would show up for a series or two... ON VERY NEXT RAIDERS OFFENSIVE PLAY, FS Michael Griffen got under a bad Warner pass, intercepted it and returned it to the house to make the score 31-28. In 45 seconds of game time, the Titans went from down and out to 4 points behind with a WHOLE half to go. The half time lashing by coach ox had the titans defense ready to go and they played extremely well during the second half. They forced 4 turnovers and kept the high powered Raiders out of the endzone all half. The titans offense kept the ball moving but struggled at key times needed to convert for a TD, until late in the 4th quarter. After a 3rd and 5 sneak attempt by vince young was stuffed until he broke the tackle and ran for the first down, the stadium went crazy. Coach Ox was even seen jumping up and down screaming and pacing up and down the sidelines. Later that drive, Vince Young called the right audible and max protected himself during a heavy raiders blitz. The call resulted in time to find Nate Washington one vs one against Raiders CB Porter and Washington caught the ball on a diving catch to score the TD to put the titans up for the time in the game with minutes left in the game. The raiders were unable to convert a fourth down attempt after go-to receiver Bey dropped a wide open first down catch. Titans win one of the best games this reporter has seen in decades with the score of 31-35 titans.

Stats
    Young- 11-15 207yds 3TD0INT
    CJ- 21rush 191yds 1TD, 3rec 25yds 1TD
    Manning- 1rec 66yds 1TD
    Washington- 1rec 24yds 1TD

Warner- 24-27 410yds 3TD3INT
    Heyward-Bey- 5rec 121yds 2TD
    Fargas- 6rush 33yds 1TD
    Smith- 11rush 32yds 0TD

GG Joe! Didnt think i could bring the titans back after getting down big so early. Im glad we both thought it was a game for the ages, and yes, that vince young throw to win the game was the best one ive ever seen him throw...so far

Below is the 3rd and 5 that vince young converted on the ground after a broken tackle to set the titans up with the game in TD late in the fouth quarter. NOTE: FIRST DOWN IS THE 40 YARD LINE!
    [YOUTUBE]ODr474UMbvw[/YOUTUBE]​

2. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Wow Warner threw 3 incompletions all for picks?

Also I beg to differ about the best VY throw of all time. It was against me where he was on the right side of the field and about 10 seconds expired and he lofted it over everyone to the complete other side of the field for the TD.

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Nice win Ox. Sounds like it was a good one.

4. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Love those replays!

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

AFC South Represent!

6. dritsch

dritsch Walk On

richard seymour cant bring down vince after hes wrapped up lol...thats madden for ya

7. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

i dont think it was seymour, i forget his name but he is still a beast, he was stopping all my FB attempts for short yards and was breaking on the CJ cuts...

And yes, i have to retract that statement that the game winning touchdown was the best one thrown by vince young in his career. Mustang was right, it was the one that beat that bastard.. lolol and if i can find the replay ill post it here, im pretty sure i put it on youtube.

8. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Here it is, the game winning TD to beat stang and secure a playoff spot late last season.... I riddled off 6 or 7 wins straight to end the season and win the AFC south from a record very similar to this seasons record of 5-5.... I got 2 big games against mustang left this season, if i could scrape one from him and hopefully take care of the rest of the games, poor start, last in the AFC south, behind by 3 games, to playoffs might happen again.... I am not confindant in those odds, but history tends to repeat itself... lol
    [YOUTUBE]j2VzmSALxDg[/YOUTUBE]

9. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Nice win VY being VY, that was a great throw.

And I have seen Young get away from Dline guys before in real games. It happens.