Week 11: Ravens (3) @ Panthers (38)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Claven, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Week 11: Ravens (3) @ Panthers (38)

[​IMG]
    Steve Smith breaks out, and Panthers D picks off Flacco 4 times​

Charlotte, NC- Pepper Hicks Reporting

The Panthers came back home after a tough loss in Tampa to the Buccaneers. Going up against a struggling Ravens team, they knew they had to come out victorious. Well the game didn't start off as planned. After forcing the Ravens to Punt on the opening possession, Chris Gamble who was replacing the injured Stewart, fielded the punt then fumbled. (I think gamble was down, so I kept hitting start nothing was happening and I then hit select for some reason, called a timeout and then was not able to challenge the fumble. I suck!) Ravens get the ball back but can't do anything a kick a 43 yard FG. The Panthers next drive Matt Moore would force a bad throw and L.Webb would make the Int. Luckily for the Panthers C. Godfry would step in front of a Flacco pass and get the ball back to his team. On the Panthers ensuing drive Matt Moore would throw deep to the endzone for Rookie WR Brandon Lafell, the ball was tipped by a Raven player but Lafell kept with it and secured the ball to put his time ahead 7 to 3.

The 2nd Quarter both Defenses gave the opposing offense trouble. At the start of the 2nd, John Kasay banged a 55 yard FG to put his team up by a touchdown. It wasn't until a minute and a half until the next score. The Panthers finally put together a drive and were able to cash in on a 9 yard pass from Matt Moore to FB. Tony Fiammetta. Panther go into the locker room up 17 to 3.

The start of the 2nd half Panthers got the ball first. Unable to do much again the Ravens D, they punted. A couple plays later Sherrod Martin picked off Flacco and returned it 27 yards to extend the Panthers lead. Panthers now were up 24 to 3. The Panthers weren't done, the third quarter they would put the Ravens away. Matt Moore would pick up his 3 TD of the day, hitting Steve Smith over the middle, which turned into a 69 yard TD. Panther next drive would see Clausen come in and he too hit Steve Smith this one went for 67 yards and a score. Now up 38 to 3, Panthers just pounded the ball on the ground.

Panthers picked up what they could and punted to the Ravens a few times, letting the Defense to continue to keep the Ravens out of the Endzone. The game ends with the same score 38 to 3, Panthers get back to winning for the moment and get back their 1 game lead over the Saints in the NFC South. Next up the Panthers have to travel to Cleveland and face the 6-4, who desperately need a win to keep pace with the Bengals in the AFC North. The early line in Vegas has the Panthers favored at Cleveland by 4 points.

Some Stats from the Game:

Matt Moore - 11/16 1int 3Tds 191yards
    Steve Smith - 4recs 2Tds 141yards
    DeAngelo. Williams - 14atts 76yards
    Richard Marshall - 2ints