Week 11: Redskins(16)vsTitans(24)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Oct 10, 2010.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Week 11: Redskins(16)vsTitans(24)

TITANS WIN BUT IT MAY BE TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE.
    [​IMG]
    The Titans defense forced a fumble on the Redskins game tieing drive late to clinch their third victory of the season.

Week 11 of the inaugural Madden 11 OMFL season had the Washington Redskins visiting Nashville to play the Tennessee Titans. Both teams came into this game with a 2-7 records and both were the cellar dwellers in their respective divisions. Coach Ox was looking to get some sort of run game going regardless of score and Coach KO just was hired to the Skins just days earlier and looked to get his legs under him in a new league with a new team.

The game started out all titans, as the titans went for two long 40+ yard TD plays to start out the game. On the first possession of the game, CJ ran nicely and on 3 and short from the skins 40 yard line, Vince Young couldnt find an open receiver and scrambled all the way for the score. The skins couldn't do anything early with the ball and when the titans got the ball back, Coach ox looked to capitalize on a heavy blitzing skins defense. A perfect PA pass call on first down had Washington one on one with a Skins safety in deep zone coverage and after a great juke, Washington ran easily in from 70 yards out. Washington looked a bit better on O late in the quarter and after a late redskins FG the score was 14-3 to end the first quarter.

Both teams ran the ball very well in the second quarter as both coaches looked like they didnt trust their QBs to win the game. With the game in their hands, Both CJ and Portis ran the ball very well, with CJ getting the most bang for the buck but Portis was still getting nothing but 5 yards a carry. The titans added a FG to extend the lead back to 14, but the reskins would make it a 7 point game after a late TD run in the half by Portis. Halftime score 17-10 titans.

The defenses came out in halftime ready to play and played very well in the second half with the exception of one bad redskins defensive play. The skins got on the board first in the second half with a FG to bring the titans lead only to 4 but early on the next titan possession, all hell would break loose. CJ got the run and cut an up the gut run outside, and after great blocking by the titans WR, CJ found daylight and took the rock to the house. The 72 yard run put CJ over 100 yards rushing in the game for legitimately the first time all season. Score at the end of the third quarter: 24-13 titans.

Titans would continue their gameplan of running both the playclock and the ball and did both quite well but as always, the titans couldnt keep a team from coming back. After a Skins FG made the game a one possession game again at 8 points, the titans offense were forced to punt the ball and give the Skins the last possession with the chance to tie. Mcnabb found many recievers open deep on the drive including TJ for a 40yrd bomb. Coach KO caught the titans in a weak man to man defense on the next play and Mcnabb put the perfect ball into the air for the slot WR on a crossing route, but the opportunistic titans defense stripped the ball after the catch for the turnover and win with a final score of 24-16.

Co-Players of the Game

Chris Johnson: 15rush 155yds 1TD
    Vince Young: 4-8 102yds 1TD0INT, 3rush 40yds 1TD

Other Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Washington 2rec 85yds 1TD
    McNabb 11-22 222yds 0TD0INT
    Portis 26rush 109yds 1TD
    Devin Thomas 4rec 115yds

GG coach KO, it sucked that it came down to a fumble and not turnover on downs or a tie but all in all, a great defensive ground attack game. If you can keep portis moving like that in a future, gonna be a contenter in the NFC East next season. Gl the rest of this season and welcome to the OMFL.

2. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Thanks man. It was definitely entertaining. Well for the exception of seeing a blip on the screen named CJ2K. Man is fast! I got caught on that short yardage play. Definitely wasnt expecting anything other than CJ run. When you dropped back I said uh oh......

I cant repeat what I said at that turnover on that final drive.... The lord would strike me down.

Great game. Cant wait to play again.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Hey Ox, you want Matthew Stafford?

Not trading you an accurate quarterback THIS time. :)

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

AFC South Represent!

5. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

yeah KO i caught you on engage 8 on that washington score, surprised my blockers held up enough for VY to throw it deep.

On the bright side, your def good enough to contend in the NFC East. Vishal, dave, and wayj... yall better watch out cuz KO looking to knock some ppl out of the wildcard race!

6. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Titans have gone from 25th in rushing on Winnys stat book to 3rd in the matter of 3 weeks.... Whats scary is that included a bye, titans might be on their way to a stereotypical coach Ox season. COMEBACK TIME! im down 6-7 games in the AFC south but i play the jags, colts, and texans FIVE MORE TIMES!