week 11 SD 21 @ DEN 48

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by nellycuz, Oct 23, 2012.

1. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Jul 24, 2012
    Manning Shines as Broncos roll over the Chargers in Division Clash
    After a scoreless first quarter, the Broncos score 28 in the 2nd to take a 28 to 7 lead going into half. Just before half the Broncos scored 2 tds in less than a minute as their defense stepped up big. A pick 6 and a fumble recovery TD for Champ Bailey proved to be the turning point in this game. The Chargers HB Ryan Mathews had another good game rushing for 91 yards on 18 carries. San Diego would have loved to give him the rock more however they were down big the whole second half and tried airing it out to close in on the lead. ​
    Player of the Game Peyton Manning had a near perfect game going 12 for 14, 227 yards and 3 TDs, 0 INTS! Coach nellycuz said after the last loss to Carolina he was looking to limit the turnovers. We did that today with zero in that column and won convincingly. If we can keep this up we will try to make a run for the playoffs. Champ Bailey really stepped it up and proved why he is the #1 CB for this team. We need to work on the depth of our Safeties and DBs in this draft and hopefully we can improve to be a top contender in the AFC next year.​
    Ronnie Hillman ran 19 times for 30 yards and a TD.​
    Demaryius Thomas had 5 catches for 114 yards and 2 TDs.​
    Phil Rivers was 14-24 234 yards 2 TDs and 5 INTS.​
    Von Miller had 2 INTS ​
    GG Danny
    Will see you next season, good luck on your playoff run!​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Jun 15, 2012
    Manning finally had his breakout game...The Chargers may have overlooked their division opponents because of their convincing win the last time these two met. This was foolish because other than the turnover problems for the Broncos they are a very solid team. They dont have a problem putting up huge numbers offensively and when they limit turnovers they are dangerous.

The first half back to back turnover scores were very deflating for the Bolts as Matthews was in the redzone and caugh's up the rock for a long TD return and the pick six was salt in the wound. I have found that when it rains it pours in Madded and this is the second game this year where things got out of hand for the Chargers and it just got worse and worse as the game went on.

The Chargers have a very difficult schedule from here on out and it will be difficult stack wins. However, if they want to get into the playoffs they are going to have to win at least 4 of their next six. gg nellycuz
    • Like Like x 2
  3. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Sep 4, 2010

I totally agrree with your statement about "when it rains it pours in Madden". Seems like when a team has a bad game... Madden makes sure by incorporating +5 turnovers a game for one team. I noticed this in my Eagles game, when their defense was playing like they had my playbook and just visited the BALCO Juice Bar. Just insane TOs'.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Aug 11, 2010
    Momentum plays huge in this game, that's what makes it so realistic. If you can capitalize when you feel it, it really adds that boosted potential to any team.