Week 11 Season 3

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Jan 21, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    Advance Max: Sunday @11PM EST
    =============== #6 Washington Huskies (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Washington won 42-39 against Oregon (3-5).
    This week, the Huskies will host Arizona State (4-4).
    =============== #9 UCLA Bruins (7-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 42-27 against Cal (6-3).
    This week, the Bruins will host Colorado (6-2).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) FS Jordan Moyer has committed to UCLA
    =============== Cal Golden Bears (6-3) ===============
    Last week, Cal lost 42-27 against UCLA (7-1).
    This week, the Golden Bears will host Washington State (3-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Cal targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Brian Tyson has committed to USC
    - (****) QB Tim Jordan has committed to Auburn
    - (****) SS Julian Robinson has committed to Cal
    =============== #8 Oregon State Beavers (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 38-31 against Colorado (6-2).
    This week, the Beavers will host USC (5-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Mike Oliver has committed to Oregon State
    =============== Utah Utes (4-4) ===============
    Last week the Utes were idle.
    This week, the Utes travel to Stanford to face the Stanford Cardinal (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Bill Williams has committed to Utah
    - (***) LOLB Sam Johnson has committed to Utah
    - (***) CB Joel Petty has committed to Utah
    - (***) CB Tim Harris has committed to Utah
    =============== Arizona State Sun Devils (4-4) ===============
    Last week the Sun Devils were idle.
    This week, the Sun Devils travel to Seattle to face the #6 Washington Huskies (6-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Brian Tyson has committed to USC
    - (***) CB Tim Harris has committed to Utah
    - (**) FS Jordan Moyer has committed to UCLA
    - (***) C Danny Parker has committed to Penn State
    =============== Arizona Wildcats (3-5) ===============
    Last week, Arizona won 42-38 against Washington State (3-5).
    This week, the Wildcats will host Oregon (3-5).
    =============== Washington State Cougars (3-5) ===============
    Last week, Washington State lost 42-38 against Arizona (3-5).
    This week, the Cougars travel to Berkeley to face the Cal Golden Bears (6-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Washington State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Tye Mangum has committed to Fresno State
    =============== Colorado Buffaloes (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Colorado lost 38-31 against Oregon State (7-1).
    This week, the Buffaloes travel to Pasadena to face the #9 UCLA Bruins (7-1).

2. IrishBearcat

MurkYa21 - was planning on going out tonight, something came up so I'll be staying in. Hop on Xbox Live if you'd like to knock this out.

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Stanford got me today but what a game it was.
    24-17

bottom line in this contest was that my Oline could NOT keep the walkon on his feet and he was rattled bad often. But my defense was tough even when they were put in short fields. The stanford Kicker is terrible. 77 KP and they kept tryign to kick long FGs. I returned 3 of them on the day. One of which would have scored if the damn kicker wasnt a fast runt. He was almost as fast as my return man and he took an angle. While down 14-17 with like 3 min to go my D needed a stop and couldnt. they passed on 2 thrid downs to pick it up and the 3rd time they tried it i let them score. So I went down 24-14
    Newton came up huge and returned the kick into the redzone when that damn kicker ran him down again! i took shots to the endzone quick and one drop and 2 bat downs I decided to kick the short FG to go down 7.
    Then the onside looked good until it went out of bounds! so they tried to run it out but I had enough TOs to make the clock 10 second difference and they went for the FG. WELL SHORT again and Mitchell returns it. He breaks to the outside and just when it looked like he was past everyone a diving TE nips him out of bounds around midfield to end the game with no time left.

Nixon ended the game with 4 INTs but only 1 can be blamed on a terrible throw. the Cardinal CBs were damn good today. He still managed 225 yards and 2 scores while he and Johnson continued their connection as he went for 151 and a TD. Ever since he has been placed in the starting lineup, he has played huge, leading the team with 582 yards

tough loss but the season was all but over already. Just need 2 more wins to reach another bowl game

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'm online right now if you want to play sometime soon...

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Still online...I'll be running Texas Tech on offense and the 3-3-5 on defense.

6. IrishBearcat

Sounds good, post it in the Pre-Season Survey thread.

I just got to my CPU, I have people over right now so I won't be able to play until later tonight or earlier tomorrow.

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Ok just pick a time.

8. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

IrishBearcat For some odd reason I am the commish of LV. It wont let me transfer commish to you...it will let me transfer to the other 7 guys but not you.

9. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Does it give you the option to advance the week instead of 'set ready to advance'? That has happened to me before, but it shows Irish as the commish.

10. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

UCLA beats Colarado and pretty much seals their way to another conference championship game. The Bruins were able to get a win in Pasadena as they beat Colarado 24-13. UCLA's defensive line is terrible as the Buffaloes QB had all day to throw in the pocket and threw for 208 yards. Colarado had a total of -5 yards rushing the ball though which was why they had the win. Defense won them this game.

11. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

yes it does. It also has a 'commish tools' section.

12. fuzzyl0gic

[​IMG]
    This game started off with Washington receiving the ball. They drove it down the field, but were held to FG by a stout ASU red-zone defensive effort. Zona responded with a long drive of their own, but they were able to score a TD from 1 yard out with a run by their FB Marshall Musil. Price threw a costly INT on the first play of the next drive, he was trying to hit Smith on a PA pass but the ball was underthrown. ASU capitalized on the turnover, putting a FG on the board. ​
    Washington found themselves trailing 3-10 going into the second quarter, with all the momentum on ASU's side. Price suffered a crushing hit on the next drive that resulted in bruised ribs. He had to sit out for 2 quarters. Nick Montana stepped in for him, and had an amazing game. He led his team down the field with confidence, and hit Kevin Smith on a a curl route on third down in the endzone, tying the game up at 10. Not to be out-matched, ASU's Michael Eubanks found JJ Holiday open for a 32 yard TD pass to go up 17-10 with only 23 seconds left in the half. It didn't phase Montana, as he completed a few passes down the field to get his team in FG range. Rogers made the 30-yarder and they closed in on the lead 13-17. ​
    The third quarter was all Washington. Nick Montana found 3 different targets for 3 TDs to put Washington up 36-24 going into the fourth. He was helped by his defense, forcing 2 crucial turnovers on ASU. The first was by Lewis, he took a hard hit and couldn't hold on to the ball. The second came on an option play in the red-zone, as Eubanks made an ill advised pitch and Stevenson was right there to make the scoop and ran for 30 yards. ​
    Price got to come back in the game in the fourth, and a load option play to the weak-side, he pitched it to Jesse Callier who had plenty of blockers set in front of him. He escaped the chasing defenders and took it to the house for a 55 yard TD, making it a 41-24 Washington lead. This sealed the game, as the Huskies chewed the clock and then kneeled on the last few plays of the game. ​
    Great game CoachRedd the way it started out (and with you getting the ball first in the second half) I really thought you were going to beat me again. Montana had an amazing game. ​

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Washington STATE 28 Cal 21

Washington had a few mistakes towards the end of the game which can happen sometimes with a big lead, but overall played a sound football game. There are areas to improve on, but there is a lot more potential with this squad than I first suspected. It's unfortunate a lot of my key players will be gone next year, but this win was the first step in a long shot to win the division and possibly make a bowl game.

The Cougars started out with the ball. Senior QB J. Tuel found Junior WR B. Ratcliff on passes of 13 and 29 yards, and then was able to find 6'6" 237lb Senior WR C. Harris for the 20 yard TD just one minute into the game.

On the opposing end, Cal answered by trying to jam the running attack down our throat and converting a fourth down, and we let them. Cal took up the remainder of the first quarter making their way down the field in bits and pieces only for QB Kyle Boehm to fumble on a scramble attempt.

From the four yard line, the Cougars made their way 40 yards down the field and out of hostile territory with another Tuel-Harris connection. Later the fullback, J. Matthews, ran it in standing up from 3 yards out to cap a 2 minute 96 yard drive. Washington State was near perfect in the first half through the air and went into halftime up 21-0 after a 32 yard TD reception by Senior HB A. Burns.

The second half favored Cal more as they were able to ditch the running game and complete some big passes. Score 21-14, early fourth. Washington State's Senior K A. Furney lines up for a 55 yard FG attempt, but comes up short hitting the bottom cross bar. Cal was able to take advantage of the momentum and good field position and scored on a 41 yard TD pass from Boehm to Harris.

The Cougars got the ball back and were able to finally hit impact WR M. Harris in the endzone on a game winning 53 yard TD pass!

Senior QB Jeff Tuel was player of the game with a 180.1 QB rating, completing 17 of 30 passes for 3 TDs and 0 INTs.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  14. fuzzyl0gic

*cough* you mean Washington STATE. Prepare to lose when we meet up, the real WASHINGTON. ;)

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Lol nice catch. and I'm always prepared to lose...