Week 11 - Season 4 (troy)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Dec 19, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 11 - Season 4 (troy)

Hard Advance for Sunday @ 8 pm central

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    MAC East MAC West C USA East C USA West Big Ten PAC-10
    1 #25 Bowling Green 9-0 (6-0) 1 Ball State 6-2 (4-1) 1 #14 Southern Miss 7-2 (5-1) 1 #18 Rice 8-1 (5-0) 1 #8 Purdue 7-1 (5-0) 1 #3 UCLA 8-0 (6-0)
    2 Akron 7-1 (5-1) 2 UCF 6-2 (5-1) 2 Houston 5-4 (3-2)
    3 Kent State 7-2 (5-1) 3 ECU 6-3 (4-2) 3 Tulsa 6-3 (4-3)

Week 10's Players of the Week
    Offense:
    Southern Miss, Fr QB Michael Cox - 19-25, 459 yds, 6 TDs

Defense:
    Bowling Green, Jr SS Tim Moore - 4 tackles, INT, FF, FR

Big User vs User Game

Tulsa 6-3 (4-3) @ Akron 7-1 (5-1)
    National Broadcast: Saturday, November 3rd, 1:00 PM

This game is all about conference pride as Tulsa travels to Akron to take on the Zips. Akron has pummeled bad MAC teams, but lost big to Bowling Green. Tulsa has struggled this season at times without their all world QB Beaver. He should be back this week however. Tulsa will prove that playing a tough Conference USA schedule week in and week out is the difference between these two conferences and will come back south with a win to help their bowl positioning. This will be a matchup of the #2 run offense in the nation from Tulsa vs. the #1 run defense of the Akron Zips.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Akron 45-3

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Rankings Tulsa Akron
    Overal Rating B+ B-
    Offense Rating B+ C+
    Defense Rating B+ B
    Total Offense 3577 (#N/A) 3671 (#38)
    Total Defense 3285 (#95) 1552 (#1)
    Turnover Diff -1 7

National Broadcasts:

Iowa 4-4 (2-3) @ #8 Purdue 7-1 (5-0)

This week Purdue get’s Iowa at home. The Hawkeyes don’t look overly dangerous and Purdue should get the win. They have a date with Ohio State coming right up. Purdue has struggled somewhat in the last few weeks so they can’t overlook anyone.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Purdue 45-14

Regional Broadcasts:

Eastern Michigan 3-6 (2-4) @ Ball St. 6-2 (4-1)

Ball St continues their Trek through the MAC East, this week against Eastern Michigan…ok…sounds exciting. I bet coach Riptides can’t wait to get the hell out of Muncie. I’ve been to Muncie unfortunately, I’d be willing to take the first job I could find to get me the hell out of there personally, but that’s just me.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Ball State 31-14

Kent St. 7-2 (5-1) @ Buffalo 5-4 (2-4)

Kent St. has a trip to Buffalo this week to take on a severely under achieving Buffalo team. A few teams have had close wins over Buffalo including BG in overtime. Kent St shouldn’t be overlooking Buffalo the week before a return trip to Greenville to face a terrible East Carolina team. Kent St and the Shrike shouldn’t worry about next week’s game at all, for real….

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Kent State 30-3

UTEP 1-8 (1-5) @ #14 Southern Miss. 7-2 (5-1)

Now it’s Southern Miss’s turn to rough up UTEP. How long will it be before UTEP get’s tired of their weekly beat downs at the hands of much better CUSA competition and tries to join the MAC? ;) The Golden Eagles by 150 in this one. UTEP is awful.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Southern Miss 59-15

#18 Rice 8-1 (5-0) @ Memphis 1-7 (1-4)

Memphis gave East Carolina a very tough game a few weeks ago. They can throw the ball very well. Either that or their QB went into god mode on me, not sure which. Rice kills CPU teams and this will be no exception.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Rice 44-29

Marshall 3-6 (1-4) @ East Carolina 6-3 (4-2)

You never know what can happen in a rivalry game. East Carolina has won this game two straight years and will more than likely make it three Saturday Night. Marshall’s not in our class.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    ECU 49-28

UAB 2-6 (2-3) @ UCF 6-2 (5-1)

UCF won’t get a challenge here. They’re also pretty much out of the race for the conference title unless Southern Miss slips on a banana peel in the next 3 weeks. We don’t see it happening. With that being said, the over under on yards for Mike Berg is 400 in this game…UCF and Berg kill UAB, and I mean badly tonight in Orlando. After words rumor has it that the Golden Knight cheerleaders will be coming to Coach Troy’s palatial estate 5 minutes from Bright House Stadium for the after party!

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    - -

Other Games:

Houston 4-4 (3-2) @ Southern Methodist U. 3-6 (1-4)

Houston is 2 wins away from bowl eligibility and should be able to pick this one up in Dallas. SMU trots out pretty good players usually, but Craig James and Eric Dickerson ain’t walking through that door. Houston big in this one.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Houston 54-3

#3 UCLA 8-0 (6-0) @ Stanford 1-7 (0-6)

UCLA goes to play a pretty bad Stanford team Saturday night to extend their winning streak to 9. They are just waiting for the USC game at this point…I’m sure they have a user game to play at some point this season…..

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    UCLA 41-21

2. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Not waiting for the USC game at all. They're out of the running for the conference title. It's between UCLA and Arizona State now, and ASU comes up next week! Plus, I had 2 of my 3 user games early. Have Southern Miss on the radar in a couple of weeks.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Finally put together a solid game again!

0 turnovers.

Denard had 350 yards of total yards, and 3 TDs.

Purdue wins 45-14. Next is Ohio State.

4. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Hey Murk....does this mean I have permission to win by 150 now lulz!

And Parrot, I see you, I have UTEP and Memphis, then my 5th user game. I think USM might be a bit worn down these late days in the year.

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I'm just razzin' you guys a little. Doing the weekly write up gives me a chance to break some chops, so I do it....(y) no offense or anything to anyone.

I beat Marshall 49-28. They scored 2 late garbage touchdowns against my third team defense, yes I went there. I had my best throwing day ever I think going over 400 yards and 3 tds. I'm stoked for my next user game, I can just see the improvement week to week not only with my team but with my gameplay. I need a little work on the defensive sticks, but it looks like it's all starting to come together and from now until July 2010 should be a blast.

6. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

It's all good. I was just saying that USC is already out of the hunt. They're the best team talent-wise left on my schedule, though. Sorry, 1ke, it's true. They're freaking A+ across the board.

7. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Bulletin Board Baby....Thats where that is goin! ;)

8. BDSDIGITAL

Southern Miss is loaded....

9. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Why would I be overlooking Buffalo if there isn't anything next week to look at?:D

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We are currently waiting on:

Games & Recruiting - highyella vs jman, max, natisaint

Just recruiting - ravedown

11. BDSDIGITAL

You're already putting too much thought into it. If I was you, I would just forget you even play next week..

12. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Yella whooped my ass. I've never been so frustrated with a defense in my life.

Tulsa is hurting, so many injuries ruined a promising season...now I just hope I can win my last two and then the bowl...good grief.

P.S. = 2 user games today...and lost a combine 90+ - 17....with 12 T/O's...try that on for size. What...the...fuck.

13. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Damn J.....I think you should take Sunday off from NCAA. Try to have sex with your girl, and get far away from your Xbox. Only thing I can think of to help......

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Still waiting on NatiSaint and Max..

15. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Its pissing me off. Even my CPU games as of late have been sloppy and close, UTEP played me way tighter than the score shows last week to, had my D not scored 2/3 times I'd have blown that one. I just don't know, I'm not as bad of a player as the scores have been showing.

Yeah, I've got a Christmas with in-laws tomorrow, then, if I play I think its just going to be all Fallout 3 for a day or so...killing zombies might help.

It may be corny/pathetic, but this shit really is getting to me. Must be the fact that as a real coach I hate shit like this with an utter disdain words cannot describe...I dunno.

16. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I went through the same thing early in the season with my defense just getting lit up. Work through it my friend!

17. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Go play some ranked games with LSU and put Trindon Holliday at QB and run speed option the entire time..

that will make you feel better..maybe

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

york, go ahead and advance it..

I've seen Nati online, and I've seen him browsing this thread a bit..

advance it whenever you get on today. If you see that he is playing let him finish, and if he posts here before you advance he has until 8pm central tonight to start the game.

19. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Im not gonna be on till around 8:30 eastern so he has till then. No need to advance any faster than that. We have hard advances for a reason. We need a Xmas thread to find out about peoples availability?

20. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

True, but when you don't post on here, you are on live, and you are consistently one of the last people ...