Week 11 - Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jan 30, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 11 - Season 5

Again no big User games, and actually this week no big games at all....yuck.

Week 7's Players of the Week
    Offense:
    [COLOR]

Defense:
    [COLOR]

Purdue @ Iowa

Out of all of the teams I've looked at so far this season, this Iowa squad must be the worst. Just for shits and giggles, Purdue's PPG is at 38.2 which is 5th in the country, Iowa is scoring at 11.8 PPG which is dead last. As a side note: Iowa ranks 108 in pass offense, 106 in run defense, and 115 in turnover margin. It would be a shock if Purdue won by less than 30.

Ole Miss @ Auburn

Another week, another game at Jordan Hare. This time against a decent Ole Miss team. This is a matchup of the #6 run offense of Auburns, vs. the #6 run defense of Ole Miss, plus Ole Miss ranks 4th in TO margin with a +9. I have a feeling about this game.

Buffalo @ Kent St.

This game is interesting because these two teams are almost identical stats wise. Kent St is #2 in the country scoring 42.1 ppg and they are ranked in the top 50 in everything.

East Carolina @ Tulsa

East Carolina sports a really good defense, but their offense is poor at best. Tulsa's offense is great, but their defense kinda smells....However both teams are in the top 5 nationally in run defense, it's just that Tulsa can't stop the pass, but no matter, East Carolina can't throw...go Pirates.

Colorado State @ Bowling Green

zzzzzzzzz someone should talk to the schedule makers about giving BG an ooc game like this.

UCLA @ Washington

UCLA should have no problem keeping their #2 rating this week. Washington won't be bowl eligible, but are bringing in 23 guys to watch them get smoked this week.

Oregon St. @ Arizona

There are alot of teams ranked that are worse than Arizona. When will they get a little love? The answer is if they beat UCLA next week. They play a poor Oregon St team this week and shouldn't have a problem. Next week is the big week. Bear down guys!The defense has played good enough, and the offense has been dynamic at times. This is a better team than they get credit for.

Texas Tech @ Okie St.

Texas Tech is scoring at a record pace, and throwing all over everything...it's getting ridiculous. They are my pick to finish #2 at season's end. Their scoring is just ridiculous. The only thing I've seen score better is me, between the ages of 18-23. No stopping either one of us! (y)

Colorado @ Iowa State

And to top off one of the shittiest weeks of the season, Colorado goes to Ames to throttle Iowa State. Unless coach troy walks through that door the Cyclone have no chance ;)

Ok guys, let's try to set a dry land speed record this week, we got big things cooking next week!

2. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Lets go Lets go fellas.....

3. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

On my phone so I'll put a better summary up tomorrow.

Tulsa wins 38-24 (I think).

Lots of forced fumbles by the ECU defense in the rainy mess we played in. Wasn't worried about D as much as finding an offensive groove/playbook. Almost 300 (could've got it actually, dont remember) yards rushing and letting Beaver throw just enough to not fuck us over.

4. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]@[​IMG]

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    CU 14 21 10 10 55
    ISU 0 0 0 7 7

Hide the Women and Children ISU Gets Buried In The Snow

The Buffs extended their winning streak to 9 by beating up on Iowa State today 55-7. The Defense stood tall and only surrendered 97 yards to the Cyclones. The Offense held onto the ball for 20:10 and the running game looks to be hitting on all cylinders. FR John Harris had 166 yards on 38 att with 2 TD's. Harris is leading the nation in rushing and TD's and this week he was named to the finalist list for the Doak Walker trophy. Willie Babcock looks to be back from his injury and 100% as he ran the ball 21 times for 124 yards. SR WR Terdema Ussery had 4 catches for 50 yards and two TD's. The Buffs head home to face Nebraska next week and then will have back to back weeks against top 25 teams #17 Kent State and a matchup in the Big 12 Championship game against #3 Texas Tech. "We are going to take it game by game. Nebraska is a tough team and anything can happen. I expect the guys to come out and play just as hard against the Cornhuskers as any of the teams we have faced. We want to go to a BCS game that is our goal. Coach has us focused and ready we just need to execute." said SR QB captain Clark Evans. The Buffs are on the verge of being in the top 10 for the 1st time in a decade. With a win next week and knocking off Kent State the winner of the Big 12 Championship game could play for the MNC.

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

#25 Arizona 31 v. Oregon St. 21

The Beave wouldn't freaking quit. I'll post some stats later, but there really wasn't anything remarkable about this game. This was another game that the AI just wouldn't let go of but finally just counldn't win. I think that's four really close games in a row vs the cpu. Either I suck worse than I thought, or the AI is revolting but either way this season has been alot of fun already.

We'll try to make it more fun next week at UCLA!

6. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

The way these Pac-10 CPU teams have been playing, you'd think we'd have already played about 4 or 5 national championships in this conference...

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Okie State got blasted... Ill edit this with a little write-up later.

8. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

LAMO....Conference USA shits on the Pac 10

9. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Easy to talk trash when you started with the best team and haven't moved, thus incurring the drop in talent..... (y)

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Purdue squeks by a one win Iowa team

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
    Pur 7 3 14 10 34
    Iowa 0 21 0 0 21

After a 77 yard fumble return for TD by DE Marcus Bray things were looking pretty good, and it seemed like Purdue could get out of there with a comfortable and safe win. However, Iowa exploded for 21 points in the 2nd quarter, 7 of them coming as a direct result of a Denard Robinson interception thrown just before the half.

Slowly but surely, Purdue got themselves back in the game, and the defense was able to shut out the Hawkeyes in the second half.

Offensive POTG -
    HB Brian Robinson (So) - 16 car, 105 yds, TD; 3 rec, 52 yds

Defensive POTG -
    DE Marcus Bray (Jr) - 8 tackles (3 TFL), 1 sack, FR (77 yd TD)

note: Denard was injured towards the end of the 1st quarter and sat a majority of a game. The staff is really concerned with his health, and are doing everything possible to have him performing at his peak vs Ohio State and Texas Tech!

11. BDSDIGITAL

These cpu teams are no joke...there will be several available teams at seasons end for anyone who wants to test themselves against good competition every week....just saying ;)

12. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Sooooooo....we just waiting on Rave? Saw through the EA site he'd done some recruiting so I assume he's playing now.

I'm so ready to get to the Conference Championships! (That is, if I stay healthy!)

13. BDSDIGITAL

We're advanced. Parrothead, when do you want to play? I can play after 10pm pretty much any night.

14. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Nice.... good job fellas lets keep it up!