Week 11 Season 6

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Mar 17, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    "Fuck famous, let's get LEGENDARY!"
    [​IMG]
    Advance Max: Monday @ 2PM EST
    WHAT HAS TO BE COMPLETED TO ADVANCE TO WEEK 11:​
    1. All games must be completed (24 hr cpu/48 user max)​
    2. All game summaries must be posted​
    3. Heisman Watch, Power Rankings, Injury Updates , Pick'EM (setup), etc.​
    4. Please use GAME SCHEDULING forum as directed. Team threads go in game summaries.​
    5. Everyone catch up on their summaries.​
    THANK YOU for you cooperation, you guys have been awesome as usual! Let's keep it up.​
    =============== #7 UCLA Bruins (6-2) ===============
    Last week, UCLA lost 49-21 against Cal (7-1).
    This week, the Bruins will host Arizona (3-5).
    =============== #4 Cal Golden Bears (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Cal won 49-21 against UCLA (6-2).
    This week, the Golden Bears travel to Pullman to face the Washington State Cougars (5-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Cal targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Ben Clark has committed to Hawai'i
    - (****) QB Rodney Watson has committed to Cal
    - (*****) CB Bryce Stover has committed to Nebraska
    - (*****) WR Mark Johnson has committed to Cal
    =============== #14 Oregon State Beavers (7-2) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 52-10 against Washington State (5-3).
    This week, the Beavers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Brandon Smith has committed to Boise State
    - (*****) CB Ben Herman has committed to Auburn
    =============== Arizona Wildcats (3-5) ===============
    Last week, Arizona lost 31-24 against Washington (7-1).
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Pasadena to face the #7 UCLA Bruins (6-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE Bryan Burke has committed to Hawai'i
    =============== Washington State Cougars (5-3) ===============
    Last week, Washington State lost 52-10 against Oregon State (7-2).
    This week, the Cougars will host #4 Cal (7-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Washington State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE David Brooks has committed to Washington State
    =============== #9 Colorado Buffaloes (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Colorado won 31-27 against Arizona State (2-7).
    This week, the Buffaloes travel to Los Angeles to face the USC Trojans (2-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Colorado targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Alan Haynes has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (****) CB Phillip Davis has committed to Colorado

2. IrishBearcat

MurkYa21 - hey man really sorry I fell asleep while waiting for the chica to fall asleep. Just woke up, figure you're passed out.

No games have been played yet. St. Patrick's day is over fellas, let's pick it back up!

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'm actually still awake, been on a fucked up sleeping pattern. But we can do it tomorrow..

4. IrishBearcat

Philstyle3005
    BakerWildcat7
    MurkYa21
    MNoffke
    -Cougars-

Going to extend this advance max to tomorrow night. St. Patrick's day and March Madness seems to have slowed down every league.

I was thinking if we are going to be at 6 members (and probably will only look to add 1-2 in the future) maybe we could do some shuffling of some teams if people would be okay with it. When I say this I don't mean everyone switching teams, but maybe guys like MurkYa or Baker can switch to teams that are closer in talent. It'll be fun if the talent gap is closer with a smaller group.

We could also consider doing some conference realignment to put us in the Big East so we would all play every user every season. No conference champ game though. Thoughts?

5. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

I think those r both good ideas, I wouldn't mind actually playing everyone

6. IrishBearcat

I'm pretty sure MurkYa21 is going to want to stick it out at WSU, unless he's changed his heart. He's got a good thing going there IMO. The talent will be a bit behind other users but he's good enough to win with average talent.

We'll discuss at the end of the season. I'd like to see Murk head to Washington and Baker take USC or something. Keep it even 3/3 divisions and I'll try and find another replacement member for each division to get us back to 8. We'll finish out this season with our current teams.

On to the game summary:

#4 California: 20
    Washington State: 7

This was a REALLY defensive battle. Neither team was getting much going on offense. The Cougars were playing really impressive defense on their home turf. Cal added two field goals in the 2nd quarter with great starting position on each drive, but ultimately being stuffed by WSU while trying to reach the end zone. WSU almost got into position to add some points before halftime, but the half expired on a final heave. Cal lead 6-0 at halftime and an upset look to be a real possibility.

The second half Marlon Davis connected with WR Dwayne Anderson twice on third and goal. Washington State added a late touchdown but failed on the onside kick attempt. Cal ran down the clock under 30 seconds and WSU's offense ran out the remaining time of the contest. Cal sweated out a 20-7 victory.

GG Murk, that was a really fun game grinding it out in the first half. There's only so much you can do to hide the talent gap though. If you move to another team next season, I'll have my hands full. Hoping you stick with WSU so I can have a chance for a few more seasons!

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Not saying I'm leaving, but if I can take Washington State to their first bowl game this season with wins over Utah and Washington...I can see the job offers piling up. I may need to explore my options.

8. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I'll stick with Colorado unless we're changing conferences and have to switch teams. My team doesn't really have the talent to matchup right now, but we're starting to get the recruits we need to get better

9. IrishBearcat

If you've won a conference championship, you have the talent to matchup :)

I know what you mean though, but with this class I think the gap between the best will be extremely small.

10. IrishBearcat

Looks like everyone was eager to play their games! smh :(

11. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Norte messaged me on xbl and said he could go after 9 tonight so ours will be in

12. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Autocorrect on my phone my bad. Noffke