Week 11 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by onaradio34, Nov 23, 2009.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Week 11 Summaries

Tulane v Rice
    Tulane destroyes Rice 61-7 with a powerful ground game. Over 400 yds on the ground. With a 38-0 lead at the half, the 2nd string comes in and never once has to throw the ball. Nothing much else to report from this one. Got some highlights I'm gonna put up. Its the first time I've ever done them so im not sure how it will turn out.

Tulane's first play from scrimmage. 64yd TD from RB Barnett.
    [youtube]KgA4PKtxMZU[/youtube]

4 More to come when I get out of work tonight.

2. Super3Way

Super3Way Guest

Memphis 42 Tennessee 17

Memphis looking to rebound from a tough loss against UAB last week. They took it to the underachieving Vols for a convincing win. The game went into the half 35-7 and the second stringers played the whole second half. Tyler Bass tossed four TD's, While Kevin Foster broke the school record for recieving yards in a single game.

3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

uab wins 35-28. Game was over in first quarter and thats all the starters played. It was 28-0 in the first quarter and uab scored one more td to make it 35-0 and decided to take a knee at ucf 6 yard line to end the half. Uab continued to just run and punt ucf came back with 28 points but uab continued to run out the clock anyways.

4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

WKU had a bye this week. The team was seen supporting the basketball team at their games.

5. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

Houston messed around and win :) lol

6. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Air Force had a bye...... they are game planning and looking forward to making a bowl run.

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

ARKANSAS STATE GETS OFF THE SNIDE WITH 36-33 WIN OVER MTSU

ARKANSAS STATE GETS OFF THE SNIDE WITH 36-33 WIN OVER MTSU

[​IMG]

The Arkansas State Red Wolves, after a rough stretch of 3 losses, snuck away with a win against rival Middle Tennessee State. MTSU relentless offense but up 380 total yards offense and gave the Red Wolves a lot of trouble in the scondary as Dasher was able to throw for 291 yards with 2 TD's. " We started this season playing well defensively but as soon as Sun Belt conference play started it's like a switch flipped and we were right back to phase 1, " commented Frisk before the game.

Arkansas State's offense kept them in the game as they put up 306 yards total offense with RSSO QB Ryan Aplin having a solid day with 232 yards passing on 16-22. The rush game was a bit under par this week with RSSR HB Derek Lawson only rushing for 90 yards on 22 carries. With Lucious Henderson still listed as questionable, Chaz Scales stepped up once again with 6 receptions for 87 yards. He may find himself on the All-Freshmen squad at the end of the year.

The Red Wolves defense had some roughs spots but was led to victory by MLB John Robertson who intercepted a pass which led Arkansas State to their final score, securing the 3 point win.

The Red Wolves will travel to Troy next week where they will try and get above .500 and get one game closer to bowl eligibility. It will come down to the final game of the season yet again for the Red Wolves to see if they will be bowl eligible, depending on next weeks game against Troy (1-7).

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK

[​IMG]

RSSO QB #16 Ryan Aplin 16-22 232 yards with 1 TD

[​IMG]

JR MLB #14 Justin Robertson 9 Tackles, 1 INT

8. BG

BG On The Rize!

Nevada vs NMSU​

This game was a little tougher than the analysts thought. NMSU came out and performed better than the experts predicted. However, the Nevada Wolfpack was too talented to be contained in this one; as they rolled up 610 yds of total offense (52 car for 311 yds 4 td's; 22-29 for 299 yds 2 td's).

C. Randall once again lead the Nevada ground game. He had over 100 yds and 3 td's in the first half. The Wolpack lead 28-14. The first team offense wasn't used to see much playing time in the second half, but had to stay on the field to the closeness of the game. The third qtr was when Nevada showed their superior talent and pulled away from NMSU. Second string RB came off the bench early in the fourth qtr and had a huge qtr; rushing for over 100 yds. He ended the game with 152 yds on 17 car. This game marks the first time this season that both backs reached the 150 yd mark in the same game.

The win improves Nevada to 9-0(6-0) on the season. Next week Nevada plays host to Utah State 2-6(1-4).

Player of the Game

[​IMG]

C. Randall was once again named Player of the Game behind his 150 yd, 4 td effort.

Other Notable Performers:

C. Kaepernick- 21-27 for 295 yds 1 td

S. Jefferson- 17 car 152 yds

M. Patterson- 5 rec 108 yds 1 td

Final Score:

Nevada- 48

NMSU- 21

9. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Grrr, I posted a game summary but lost it to the infamous forum error.

Anyways, it was a user game: Kent State vs Buffalo....

I gotta get to bed now, maybe tomorrow I will be inspired to rewrite it.

10. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

No Need, it was pathedic loss for Buffalo 7 ints and a fumble. 41-17 Kent St kicks Buffalo's ass.

11. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Duke loses in JCA's debut, Sean Renfree threw for 306 yards, but he was intercepted 4 times which cost the Blue Devils the game. Duke outgained the Zips, but in the end, just couldn't overcome the turnovers. Jay Hollingsworth rushed for 72 yards on 21 carries and scored 2 touchdowns, he also caught 6 passes for 72 yards. Sheldon Bell caught 5 passes for 111 yards. Austin Kelly added 4 catches for 72 yards. The defense was led by Steve Flanagan who had 8 tackles, 1 for loss and Lex Butler who recorded 7 tackles.

Up next, the Blue Devils host North Carolina on a big recruiting weekend.

12. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

LOL Drunk, just as some feedback -- every time you made a big passing play I was playing man... 6 of the 7 INTs you threw I was playing zone.

The one I was man, it was a popfly because you got hit while throwing.