Week 11 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ThePaw, Oct 25, 2010.

1. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

Post em here.

#2 NC State -28
    (5-5) Boston College-3
    (in the snow)

It was a tale of two halfs. The wolfpack went in halftime down 0-3 thanks to Russell Wilson's 4 turnovers in the first half. The second half, RW carried on business as usual throwing 4 TD passes. This team will only go as far as RW can take it.

2. slim

slim Walk On

Baylor 37
    Oklahoma 30 OT(another new #1 classic)

Reporter: Coach tell us about this game. Your team had a few chances early on that fell through their fingertips and it looked like this game was going to slip away.
    Coach Slim: Wow you're not kidding. Our defense really kept us in the game in the first half with those 2 turnovers. You just can't miss 3 fgs and an XP and turn the ball over. You're not going to win many ball games. But I've been saying it all season - this team refuses to lose. We go for it on 4th and inches with 1 minute left. Oklahoma throws a 50 yard td pass and we somehow find a way to drive down the field and score and send the game to overtime...INCREDIBLE.

Reporter: Coach, let's talk about that 4th down call...
    Coach Slim: We had the ball at midfield. It's 4th and about 2 millimeters. we have a chance to beat OU on the road....I'm going for it every time. I do NOT want to play OU in overtime, especially with the way we kicked the ball today. We ran our play, we didn't get it, that's football.

Reporter: Florence stepped up big passing for 387 yards and running for 102, Wright set a Baylor record with over 200 yards receiving, Williams had some nice yardage on the ground but your offense didn't start clicking until right before halftime. What did you change to get the offense going in the 2nd half?
    Coach Slim: We didn't change anything. I pulled Florence aside, told him to settle down and run our offense like he's capable of doing. We decided to give Williams the ball to slow down OU's pass rush and he really changed the momentum of the game. The way he ran that ball, it wasn't pretty statistically, but he really set the tone that carried over to the whole team.

Reporter: Thanks for your time coach.

3. titangator

titangator Walk On

good stuff as usual slim.... who won the national title last year?

4. slim

slim Walk On

in our dynasty? i don't know, i wasn't around when we simmed the championship game.

5. ThePaw

XXPHACTR (Cal) beat Ohio State in the championship game last year.

6. titangator

titangator Walk On

so a user that is no longer around?

7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Yep

8. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

42-20 Northwestern beats Minnesota

This one was not much of a game. Other then some stupid mistakes by Persa (cough...me :) ) the Wildcats had control. The Minnesota Golden Gophers could not get their Offense going.

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

South Carolina Secures SEC East on Pick 6
    [​IMG]
    #3 USC 7 #6 UF 0
    When South Carolina and Florida took the field, nobody believed only one touchdown would be scored. Ask anybody, and nobody would guess only one defensive touchdown would decide the game. If that were the case, there would be a lot of wrong people. South Carolina and Florida battled it out for 4 quarters, with a Spearman 75 yard interception return being the deciding factor. It came with merely 43 seconds left to go in the 2nd quarter as Florida was trying to punch one in. The second half would only see two teams play lights out defensively. Both teams combined to only manage 44 yards rushing on 48 carries. The passing game for both teams saw more success as far as yardage goes, but both QBs threw 2 interceptions. John Brantley's both were crucial. One being returned for the game winning TD, and the other picked off in the South Carolina endzone, as UF had the ball inside the USC 10 in the second half. With the win, South Carolina secures the SEC East and a trip to Atlanta for the SEC Championship Game. With Clemson on the horizon, USC is facing a possible National Championship bid in the eyes.

10. titangator

titangator Walk On

not if miss state can get to atlanta, we will have something to say about that

11. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Pfft....I've got you figured out...and you better not blow it against Ole Miss.

Marcus Lattimore should be back and ready to make up for the time he missed.

12. titangator

titangator Walk On

lol I SNUCK by Arkansas... 16 to 14... took a heck of a defensive battle, in the highlights Im about to put up, bot hte defnesive plays, are 4th down stops, about a yard short of the first down line, in the FOURTH quarter...

13. titangator

titangator Walk On

Sneakin' into bye week

The number 20 Mississippi State Bulldogs ran their win streak to 7, improved to 10-1, and moved one game closer to a rematch with South Carolina in Atlanta for the SEC title. It wasn't easy though. "You like smash mouth SEC football, thats what that was, two teams that wanted to win, but didnt play the prettiest game, but gritted out 4 quarters of hard nosed football, this one had to be fun to watch as a fan," said Coach Hickerson. His Bulldogs came out victorious 16 to 14 yesterday over the Arkansas Razorbacks in Arkansas. Chris Relf went 21 for 35 for 264 yards and a touchdown while filling in for injured starter Tyler Russell. The running game was non existant, 30 rushes for -16 yards to be exact as to how non existant it was, "We already havent had much success this season on the ground, just can not seem to get it going for whatever reason, we thought Chris could spark that a little bit, but Arkansas came in with a plan to stop the run and they did that, not sure why that was there goal, as we have passed the ball much better than ran it this year, but they geared up to stop the run, and they did just that. Thankfully, Chris made enough plays to get us a victory," said Hickerson. Relf's favorite targets were Robert Johnson and Michael Carr who hauled in 7 catches for 50 yards and 5 catches for 77 yards respectively. Carr also had a touchdown catch. Defense was the story of the day however, nobody stood out but it was a complete team effort from the Bulldogs. Junior Louis Watson led the way with 7 tackles. "We knew we needed to help the offense out a little bit today, they were playing without the number 1 quarterback, number 1 running back, and number 2 receiver, we have faith in every guy on this team, but we know when somebody is playing that is not used to having to make the plays, they gonna be a little rusty or whatever, so we as a team defense had to help them out a little, we did that, said Watson.
    The Bulldogs get a well needed bye next week before hosting the Ole Miss Rebels. If the Bulldogs are victorious in that game they will go to Atlanta. If the Bulldogs lose that game, and Alabama does not lose between now and then, the Tide will go to Atlanta. If Ole Miss wins the game, doesnt lose between now and then, and Alabama loses one more, the Rebels go. It is going to be a very interesting end to the SEC west race, all that we know, is Coach Cimmy and his unbeaten South Carolina Gamecocks will be waiting for whoever it is that punches their ticket.

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_us...603AF&dynid=83238&sku=661A0001&sid=1&wknum=10

^^^^ Mississippi State at Arkansas.

14. ThePaw

I really enjoy your little articles Titan. Good stuff man.

15. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Oregon st won. Idk the score as it was a day ago and I've slept on it now lol. I'll do areview later today when I get home

16. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Oregon st won. Idk the score as it was a day ago and I've slept on it now lol. I'll do areview later today when I get home

17. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Any word from the Illinois, Washington, or UCONN games that have been played?

18. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Tubb was on the ps3 last night. But not sure if he played

19. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Psst...they played, I'm just looking for summaries...

20. DC

DC Shake n Bake

*psst* so what was the question again ;)

For real tho, who we waiting on?

21. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

22. ThePaw

Tough loss to Michigan even though you destroyed them through the air. Looks like Michael Shaw beasted up on you.

23. slim

slim Walk On

i think more users need to embrace posting summaries like titan and cimmy. it doesn't matter the format. it really adds to the dynasty to come on here and brag about your team and game. I see some guys who post stuff like "wo 52-49. it was a close game. beat the #1 team." if it's that much work to do a quick writeup then just play offline dynasties. titan and cimmy - i appreciate what you guys are doing.

24. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Thanks Slim-A-Limma-Ding-Dong

25. DC

DC Shake n Bake

First Quarter

01:50​
    TD​
    Oregon State​
    Jacquizz Rodgers HB #1 1 yard rush​

Second Quarter

06:51​
    TD​
    Oregon State​
    Darrell Catchings WR #15 9 yard pass from Ryan Katz QB #12​

00:54​
    TD​
    Oregon State​
    Jovan Stevenson HB #19 17 yard rush​

Third Quarter

05:03​
    FG​
    Oregon State​
    Tony Alvarez K #18 40 yard field goal​

03:34​
    TD​
    Oregon State​
    Markus Wheaton WR #2 14 yard pass from Ryan Katz QB #12​

Forth Quarter

06:44​
    TD​
    Washington State​
    Jeff Tuel QB #10 1 yard rush​

04:02​
    TD​
    Oregon State​
    Jovan Stevenson HB #19 49 yard rush​

00:53​
    TD​
    Oregon State​
    Sean Mannion QB #4 36 yard rush​

Jovan stevenson shows that Quizz isnt the only Back in Corvallis! Going 19 for 118. The Offensive strength of this team is running, their is no doubt abou about it. But the TRUE Strength is Defense. 45-6...Oregon St defense is what wins them games. I look for this team to be a big contender next season. We already have had a say on whos winning the pac-10. even though its a long shot for us to pull it in..

Illl have a better summary for the next game(Week 13).