Week 11 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by wayers50, Jan 22, 2012.

1. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

Post em

2. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

Jags Earn Tough Victory Over 49ers 35-18
    arizonawildcat.jpg
    Areem James forces the fumble on Frank Gore.​
    "This was one the most physical games I have watched, but I'm proud of the guys and how they responded", Coach Wayers said after the game. The Jags would start the scoring early with a 1 yard TD pass from Gabbert to Lewis. Heading into the fourth quarter the 49ers would have the lead, but thats when the Jaguars went on a scoring run and would seal the game.
    arizonawildcat.jpg
    arizonawildcat.jpg arizonawildcat.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Gereat job Wayers!

4. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

Yeah I figured instead of taking pics from google, I'd put in actual game pictures. They turned out better then I thought they would.

5. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Vikings Drop 5th Straight To Cowboys
    Dez Bryant runs wild and leads team to victory, 16-13.
    [​IMG]
    A very tough one for the Vikings as they lose their 5th straight game after starting out 5-0. The story of the game was the Vikings punting on 4th and short twice inside Cowboys territory. As well as Shayne Graham missing 2 field goals, one which could have been the game winner. We have a lot of things to improve on if we want to make a run at the playoffs.

6. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

[​IMG]
    Titans D Does the Job Again
    37-0​
    San Diego, CA- Titans entered the game with a record of 9-0. Chargers were looking to upend the perfect season and watch the mighty Titans fall back to earth. One the first play from scrimmage Chris Johnson would break a tackle for Chargers DE and use his speed to take it up a hole to go up 7-0 very quickly. On Defense they would start off a great game and on the first possession they would get the ball back unmarked. On the first play of the drive QB Jake Locker would hook up with TE Jared Cook Jr for 67 yards and a TD. Titans would only have 2 plays and 2 TDs on offense to start the game. They would put up a few more TDs coming from CJ and 4th string running back JaWaun Berry ran for 61 yard TD. Defensively they would capture 6 picks, leading the way was MLB Antione Buice, he only had 2 tackles but he had 2 interceptions and got a lot of assisted tackles. Assisted tackles is something the coach looks a lot. They want you to be able to make the 1 on 1 tackle of course but if you can get a lot of assisted tackles it means the team is swarming around and Buice was doing just that, he was in on a lot more than just 2 plays. All in all Titans advance to 10-0 and get the last division game facing the Jaguars. Titans continue for the perfect season.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  7. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

[​IMG]
    Denver Broncos 27 - Kansas City Chiefs 10
    Kansas City, MO

The Denver Broncos got back on track today, beating the Kansas City Chiefs 27-10 in a game that looked bad early on. In the 1st quarter, the Broncos would stop the KC initial drive and force a punt, and from there, they drove the ball down field, deep into Chiefs territory, where the drive eventually fell short of the goalline, leaving Matt Prater with a FG. After another exchange of punts, Jamaal Charles showed off his breakaway speed, bursting through the middle of the Broncos defense and out-running everyone on his way to an 88 yard TD. At the end of the 1st, it was Broncos 3, KC 7. The Broncos next drive again stalled, and Matt Prater would try a 52 yard FG, but he stutter stepped and the ball fell short leaving the Chiefs with a short field. The Chiefs would take advantage, working their way down the field, but eventually were tackled just short of the goalline leaving them with a FG to make it a 7 point game with 2:08 left in the half. In the final 2:08, the Broncos would score 3 TD's, the first on a pass from Schaub to Lloyd for a 68 yard score, then Perrish Cox picked off Jay Cutler and returned it for a 53 yard TD, and with 21 seconds left, Matt Schaub would find Demaryius Thomas from 21 yards out, making the score at halftime 24-10 Broncos.
    The 2nd half would go by rather quickly and without much scoring as the Broncos would pound the rock to keep the clock running, and the defense would rattle Jay Cutler forcing numerous incompletions down the field.

Stats:

Passing:
    M. Schaub (DEN) - 12/19 for 213 yards 2 TD's
    J. Cutler (KC) - 5/17 for 77 yards 1 INT

Rushing:
    K. Moreno (DEN) - 26 for 110 yards
    J. Charles (KC) - 12 for 136 yards 1 TD

Receiving:
    B. Pettigrew (DEN) - 7 for 82 yards
    B. Lloyd (DEN) - 1 for 68 yards 1 TD
    H. Miller (KC) - 3 for 36 yards

Player of the Game:
    I want to say Jay Cutler, for the Broncos tho, as I have never seen a QB so off with deep throws, but the game said Brandon Lloyd for some reason.

GG pitt4life21

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  8. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Patriots Get Their 3rd Win Behind Numerous Big Plays
    [​IMG]
    bills3.png
    bills1.png bills2.png
    It's been a disappointing season for the Patriots but they were ready to play against their divisional rivals, the Bills. The first possession for both teams showed what type of game this would end up being. The Bills received the ball first and went on a long and efficient drive down the field. They were stopped in the red zone though and resorted to a FG. For the Patriots, on the 2nd play of their possession, New England audibled to a quick pass. QB Matt Ryan hit Chad Ochocinco on a slant and, one broken tackle later, Ochocinco was in the open and running 89 yards for a TD.​
    From there, the Bills responded by moving the ball down the field and getting a TD of their own on a nice pass to Stevie Johnson. It wasn't looking pretty for the Patriots after that as they couldn't move the ball consistently. The 2 teams traded possessions for most of the 2nd quarter but Eli Manning would throw an interception to Elijiah Hopkins giving the Patriots a short field with little time remaining in the half. New England was able to benefit from that and get in a TD pass to WR Antwan Barksdale and regained the lead 14-10. The Bills responded again though with a good 2 minute offense and managed to get themselves into FG position to make it 14-13 at the half.​
    In the 2nd half, the Patriots got the ball first and were able to score quickly. Just a few plays into the half, the Patriots ran play action pass with Barksdale running a streak down the field. The Bills had brought their safeties up to stop the run which left Barksdale in 1-on-1 coverage. Matt Ryan was barely able to get the ball off in time but the pass was right on target as Barksdale brought it in for his 2nd TD of the game. Then in the 4th quarter, the Patriots put together another quick drive when RB Harrison Anthony broke through for a long TD run and a 28-17 lead. The Bills kept fighting but couldn't close the gap.​

9. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    GG to you as well. So much for the "please dont murder me" plea before the game.

• Like Like x 1
  10. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    BEARS WIN, LOSE FOSTER FOR 8 WEEKS
    [​IMG]

11. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

enough said!! haha love it

12. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Give me Foster and a 1st and I'll give you Ryan Mathews. Do it now!

13. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Sure, do you want my social security number and bank account info too? Ya know, just to make that trade fair.

• Like Like x 2
  14. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I mean sure? But your credit card info is enough for me tbqh.

I was just offering because you might as well have a fumble prone injury magnet instead of just the injury magnet that is Foster.