Week 11 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BG, Oct 15, 2009.

1. BG

BG On The Rize!

Week 11 Summaries

This was the game for the ages. No defense, all offense. Over 900 yds of total offense in the game. The score was 28 to 21 at the half. The excitement didn't start until the second half though. Nevada had no answer for Fresno RB Ryan Mathews. He ripped and hammered the Wolfpack defense to the tune of 353 yds, 5 TDS on just 23 carries (this impressed the hec out of me). However, Nevada had other things in mind. Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick had other plans for his team. Down 52 to 49 with 43 sec left to play, Nevada got the ball and moved it to the Fresno 29 yd line. With no time outs and five seconds left to play it came down to one last heave for Nevada. Nevada's Qb lined up in four wides with trips to one side and one lone receiver to the right. The ball is snapped, there is pressure from the left side, the QB lofts the ball to the corner of the end zone, TD!!! Freshman, Brandon Wimberly makes his third TD catch as time expires. He ends the game with 6 catches for 132 yds and 3 TD's. He also had 6 KR's for 261 yds and 1 TD. What a wild finish!!!
    Final Score Nevada 56 Fresno State 52

2. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Air Force finds Rhythm in 2nd Half : UNLV Stuggles

Air Force : 37
    UNLV : 23

Quick and brief - Stephens was hurt in the 1st Quarter and will be out 4 weeks. Clark came in @ RB and helped balance the pass. QB Jefferson was 26/34 for 260 yards and 4TD's. His play picked up when Stephens went down. WR Fogler was his go to target, catching the ball 8 times for 93 Yards and 1 TD. The ball was spread out between 8 different players.

On Defense: The Air Force D didn't allow UNLV a TD until the 4th Quarter. Morales had 7 tackles, 5 for loss. Ricketts kept his steam going as he had 3 sacks. Air Force allowed UNLV 170 yards total offense and -28 yards on the ground.

Player Of the Game -
    QB T.Jefferson 26/34 260 Yds 4TD's 1INT

Air Force is now 9-2 with only BYU left to play. They trail Utah and Colorado State in the MWC by 1 game.

3. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

No upset special here. On a rainy day at Rice, Tulane's defense gets its first shutout while the offense rode star RB Anderson to a 48-0 win. Total domination on the ground as Tulane went for 292 yds on 52 carries and 6 touchdowns with Anderson accounting for 233 yds and 5 TD's. The Tulane D held Rice to 161 total yds and never allowed them into the red zone. Tulane was an incredible 12-15 on 3rd downs while Rice could only manage 2 in 10 attempts. (Honestly, I have never seen a CPU QB throw the ball so terribly on any difficulty. He was missing receivers by 7-10 yds. I really should have had about 5-7 picks but Tulane's DB's can't catch a cold.)

4. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

holy houston doesn' wanna win anymore lost really bad :( at least we got the bowl bid

5. Super3Way

Super3Way Guest

Memphis 56 UAB 27

This game was over in the first half. Memphis dominated and the score was 49-3 at half. Memphis played the 2nd string the whole 2nd half and UAB was able to make some noise but still fell short.

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

WKU 27 ULM 24

ULM had 3 plays, 2 offense 1 defense, of 75 yards or more all for TDS. They only had 4 first downs all game as WKU played well enough to win 27-24. WKU has enough confidence in their backup QB to open the whole playbook up for him. Yardage wise he did not disappoint. However, he had 2 red zone ints, one for TD, that kept this game close. WKU won on a last play FG.

Stars for WKU
    Hayden 176 yards rushing
    The option
    offense 556 total yards.

Bye next week, then FAU to keep slim bowl hopes alive. The losses to FIU and North Texas really hurt now with FIU 1 game up and only 1 conference game left for them to play.

Big Red reporting

[​IMG]

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Vasquez and Hayden must be doing a lot of work for you and the hilltoppers!

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Hayden is a beast

Vasquez is decent, but he's killing me.

Smith has been out since week 1, small chance he will be back by Ark State but I'm not holding my breath for it to happen.

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

If my memory serves me correct he is speedy but can't hit the broad side of a barn on the run

10. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I think all WKU qbs are mobile but not accurate.