Week 11 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by onaradio34, Aug 25, 2012.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Post 'em here!

2. BG

BG On The Rize!

Solid Win for Stoops

Baylor is unhappy with their poor showing against Oklahoma.​

[​IMG]
    NORMAN- The Oklahoma Sooners win decisively over the Baylor Bears with a 45 - 13 victory. The game wasn't close as the Sooners led at one point in the first half by as many as 38 points. With a 45-3 lead at halftime, the old ball coach decided to rest his entire starting offensive unit the rest of the game. Oklahoma's QB Landry Jones had himself a whale of a game completing 14 of his 18 passes for 355yds and 5 td passes......In The First Half!!!! WR's Kenny Stills and Jalen Saunders both went over the century mark in receiving yards on the day, while backup HB Roy Finch led the way on the ground with 105yds and a score. The win puts The Sooners at 7-2(5-1) on the season. Next up, a showdown with West Virginia for the top spot in the race for the Big 12 Title!

3. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Bad Luck Continues for Orange
    Losing Streak Up To 7
    Syracuse drops their seventh straight contest this week, losing at home to Louisville 37 - 17. The Orange kept it close and only trailed by 3 at halftime, but the turnover bug struck and cost them another game. While only behind by 10 in the 4th, two Syracuse fumbles led to two touchdowns for Louisville and put the game out of reach. The Orange O-Line had another poor game allowing 8 sacks and only gaining 12 yards on the ground. QB Ryan Nassib was under constant pressure and only managed 7/20 for 213 yards with 2 TDs and 1 INT. This loss brings the Orange to 0 - 6 in the Big East and out of contention for a Bowl this year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Keep your chin up, I just went 4-8 in another league with Maryland, so I know how you feel!

5. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Yeah, even though I keep losing it seems like I'm getting better. I'm in every game, so hopefully I'll have better luck next season.

6. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Louisville is a bitch of a team. I would have gotten smoked but I knocked their qb out of the game. I couldn't stop them. He either had an open man or scrambled. Fastest qb I've played against on '13. Still lost in triple OT.

7. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Yeah, I kept hoping to knock him out since he kept running for 20 yards each time with 4 or 5 WR sets. Got about 8 sacks on him and it probably would have went down to the wire if I hadn't gave away 2 TDs on fumbles.

8. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Cincinnati vs. Temple
    Defensive struggle? More like defensive domination!
    Today's battle featured two teams ranked in the higher end of the Big East conference in Cincinnati and Temple. This late in the season, both teams were looking to cement their positions as two of the top teams in the Big East and in the NCAA. Earlier this week, I mentioned how the game would become a defensive struggle with few points coming from either side. As the game progressed, I would later realize how much of an understatement that really was.
    The first quarter was relatively uneventful, besides an interception from Jordan Kay of the Bearcats that threatened to plunge the Bearcats down a score early on in the game. Both teams had the answer for whatever the other team attempted to do in the opening period. The first quarter ended scoreless.
    The second quarter brought the first points of the game and the only points of the half for either team. The first touchdown resulted off another errant throw from Jordan Kay that was intercepted by Temple Owl Maurice Jones that was taken 55 yards to the house for a touchdown, putting the Owls up 7-0. The Bearcats punted on their next possession, and after the Bearcats made a key interception in the endzone off the Owls, another interception gave the Owls decent field position just shy of the fifty yard line. However, on the first play of the ensuing drive, Bearcat defensive tackle Camerron Beard picked up a loose ball that the Temple quarterback fumbled and took it to the house forty yards to tie the game up at seven. After a couple of promising drives by both teams, the half ended with the score tied 7-7.
    The third quarter began once again with some promising drives by both teams that halted short of scoring position. Temple finally got on the board late in the third from a 39-yard field goal off of the leg of Owl Brandon McManus, making the score 10-7 Temple. Yet another interception by the Bearcats was taken back to the house on the ensuing Cincinnati position by Justin Glidea that made the score 17-7 Temple with minimal time in the third. The Bearcats got the ball, and once again their drive stalled out as the third quarter expired with Temple up 17-7.
    The fourth quarter was where the Bearcats needed to work quickly and effectively to tie the game up. Their next drive with five minutes in the fourth was exactly what they needed. Jordan Kay finally found his rhythm, pulling the Bearcats within three points off of a 12-yard pass to Travis Kelce for six with 1:39 left in the quarter. Unfortunately, they had to burn a timeout earlier in the fourth on a Temple possession, and this cost them dearly as they were forced to attempt an onside kick instead of entrusting their defense to allow them a chance. Temple recovered, and the Bearcat defense was finally unable to stop the Temple rushing game, leaving the final score at 17-14 Temple, the exact score I predicted earlier this week (if not for the right team!).
    The majority of the points for both teams came off turnovers, with 14 points for Temple and 7 for Cincinnati. Jordan Kay threw four interceptions and only one touchdown, which by itself should have cost Cincinnati the game and made the game a blowout if it weren't for the Cincinnati defense, who held the Owls to only 178 yards of offense. Cincinnati falls to 5-4 overall and 3-1 in conference play. Their next game against Rutgers is key as winning that game will put them in the driver's seat for the coming weeks atop the Big East. Cincinnati will need to win out to ensure they win the Big East championship, and will need a loss or two from Louisville, Temple, and USF in the coming weeks if they can't come through on their goal.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    In recruiting news, the Bearcats have gained a commitment from cornerback Jason Robertson, a three-star prospect out of Shelbyville, Tennesee.

• Like Like x 1
  9. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

[​IMG] @ [​IMG]
    The USC Trojans took advantage of a shanked kick (thanks computer for apparently not registering any kick power) in the final seconds of the first half to return it for a long touchdown for a 17-0 lead. This play pretty much ended any hopes of ASU keeping it close and possibly pulling off the huge upset as ASU expected to have a 10-3 game at half and the ball to start the 2nd half, but instead found themselves down 3 scores and losing any momentum they might have had. The Sun Devil defense did a good job of getting pressure on Matt Barkley, but USC's receivers didn't help him out with plenty of dropped passes. The Sun Devils struggled to move the ball all day as they couldn't seem to get any seperation from the Trojan defenders. It was pretty obvious that USC had the better team in this game and they deserved the win. This win gives USC the PAC-12 South Division Crown and sets up an eventual rematch with Washington in the conference championship game. While the Sun Devils will hope to win out and finish with double digit wins to hopefully earn a great bowl berth.​
    Next week, ASU returns home for a matchup against Washington State, while USC takes on cross-town rival UCLA. Congrats to Juicemann03 on the W.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

Ducks Improve to 8-2!

[​IMG]
    Capture 4.PNG
    Capture 3.PNG