Week 11 Texans (33) Colts (30)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DJDunn6, Jun 18, 2010.

1. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Week 11 Texans (33) Colts (30)

Will try to give more of a write up over the weekend.

Another drama filled game for Houston in a must win game. After 2 straight weeks of OT games this one came down to a 51 yard FG with 2 seconds left by Kris Brown. It was the first FG over 50 he has made this year. It came shorty after the Colts who are deadly on FG's and special teams in general missed from 50+ with about 1:20 left in the game. Schaub and Felix Jones both played well, Schaub did have another bad INT but the only one of the game.

The big player for Houston was really 2nd string RB Middlebrook who ran like a tank for 2 TD's and Braylon Edwards who had 100+ yards and a 4th quarter 79 yard TD to tie the game. RB Treat for the Colts was very good as well as Dallas Clark in this one. And as usual against me Ted Ginn ran back the opening kick, returned another 70 yards and almost busted 2 more. A big play was after the game was finally tied Ginn was not back on KR and the field position changed. The Texans got a fumble right after that but returned the favor when Felix got popped right after that. Texans trailed almost all game until the end but did stick to their game plan for once running for more then 100 yards. Another huge play was with about 40 seconds left and only one time out the Texans picked up a 4th and inches as the clock ran, they get stopped and Colts have great field position and time to get into FG range for sure. Great Game mustang you played real tough as usual and smart I finally got a break late...

2. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

AFC South #1

Great write up your bring up all the relevant points in the game.

I missed that FG after hitting multiple 57+ yd FGs. The rook has a great leg but I missed that kick to the right.

Ginn was excellent (i was pissed when he wasnt KR, thanks for bringing it up lol). I would like to also say Cushing was a game saver.

This should be nates GOTW because this may have been better than the saints/colts or either of the colts/jags games. I don't even get mad when I lose a great game. I may have cost myself the division though.

3. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Wow, 2 teams that i play 4 times in the remaining 5 games left to the season are killing each other..... In a mr burns voice... EXCELLLLLLLENNNNTTTT

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

I never thought the AFC South would be tougher than it was in the past.......Hurricane is proving me wrong.

This is crazy stuff. Congrats on the win man, and GL on your push to the playoffs. This is going to be the 3rd consecutive year where all of our teams finish above .500. In the podcast I said that the NFC East was the new best division. I think I was wrong. . .