Week 11

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by DirtycashDylan, Aug 21, 2013.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

OU-24
    Clemson-21

Game started out with a stalled drive from us and the Tigers taking an early 7-0 lead. Next possession, my offense was bogged down again with a sack on 1st. We found ourselves at 4th and inches and, thinking we need SOME kind of momentum, I called a fake punt. It worked beautifully for a 10 yard gain and the mo sent me on an 11 play TD drive.
    Clemson came right back and dinked and dunked me to death for another TD pass. 14-7
    We got bogged down again and settled for a FG. Uh oh. 14-10
    They throw all over the place again and my D just kinda hangs out. Thanks EA. TD Sammy Watkins 21-10. uh oh
    Then, I'll be damned if I didn't screw up my clock management again and waste 20 of the last 30 seconds of the half trying to change my play in a no huddle situation with all 3 of my timeouts left. smh

21-10 Clemson at half

The 2nd started out with some positivity though. 2nd play, he launches for Watkins (10 rec 106 yards 1 TD) and my stud CB Aaron Colvin picks him off deep and returns it, through traffic, 45 yards to the 15.
    We try to pound it in but linemen can't block LBs and we see another 4th and inches on the 5. Considering how my D is playing, we go for it without hesitation and get the 1 yard needed and punch it in next play. 21-17.
    He marches right back down but my LB Corey Nelson picks him off on the 7 yard line.
    I come out throwing but get buttfucked by my line early with a sack. I throw my only INT here trying to throw to the sticks. Ends up being like a 20 yard punt.
    He then gets a wild hair up his ass and runs it on 1st and 2nd. 3rd and 1 and I come out in something like a goalline D and he checks to a pass and I get to him before he can complete it to Sammy Watkins. DEFENSE! He coffin corners me into the 6 yard line. still 21-17 him.
    I try a counter and my pulling guard gets pushed back into the backfield by a LB (smh) who then sheds the block and gets a TFL for 4 yards. 2nd and 14 on the 2 and i hit a 9 yard slant. 3rd and 5 and I come out in 5 wide and see only 1 LB in the box and check down to a run and Belldoze my way to a 4th and inches and call Bell's number again for 7 yards in Goalline Heavy. Then, they come out and don't line up quite right from a 3-3-5, leaving my far WR uncovered for an easy read (zone D). I waited a few moments for him to fix it but he let it play so I hit Bester down the sideline for a 63 yarder. Bester was then quickly caught from behind (smh at OU's team speed in this game.) Bell easily dozes his way in to take the lead 24-21.
    Clemson comes out and works the Outs and Slants to get into FG range way too early so he starts running the ball and I stuff him a few times until he's satisfied with the clock and then gets back to throwing. On the 12th play of the drive with :14 left in the game on the 4 yard line, he comes out in a Shotgun formation but I wasn't born yesterday and call Goalline with zone coverage behind me. He checks to a pass and attempts to hit Watkins on a slant over the middle when MLB Frank Shannon steps in front for the pick. GAME! Or is it?
    Shannon caught it in the endzone but stumbled out to the 2 so that's where I get the ball (thanks Obama). I run a dive to get some breathing room and he uses one of his remaining 2 timeouts. I kneel at the 4 and he calls his last one. Now I'm back on the 2 and it's too close for comfort so I call my TO and run a FB Dive for a yard. Game.

tl;dr I beat Clemson

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

3. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

if I don't havr time at lunch, I will be home tonight 930-10 cst to get mine in. I would say STS if you are waiting for me...but I need my 6th win...so...yeah. Sorry guys

Edit: done. ;)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

This game was actually a lot more tough than I expected it to be. I threw 2 picks with Winston and did not have very much success passing at all.
    FSU WF.PNG