Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Week 11

advancing Monday at 11pm est. USF vs Rutgers this week.

Do your summaries..

2. The Alabama Crimson Tide took advantage of two early MSU fumbles to take a quick 21-0 lead and never looked back.

Anthony Dixon was held to only 7 yards rushing, while Mark Ingram rushed for over 100. The Bulldogs only completed 9 passes on the day, and the Tide cruised to an easy 56-14 victory.

"I just don't know what happened there at the beginning," Bulldog head coach Harry said. "Those two early fumbles completely turned the game around and robbed us of any momentum. We'll just have to pick up the pieces and try again next week."

3. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

Ags can't Finish!

Sooners 31
    Aggies 28

The rollercoaster season goes on for the Texas A&M Aggies. They have now lost two games in a row after previously winning two straight. Granted, no one gave the Fightin' Ags much of a chance to go into Norman to knock off the #5 ranked Oklahoma Sooners, but the opportunity was certainly there.

The Sooners jumped out to a 10-0 lead in the 1st quarter and led 24-10 at the half. The Aggies mades some adjustments at the half and out-scored OU 18-7 in the 2nd half, and out-gained(374-225) them for the game but it wasn't enough.

Sacks and turnovers were again the main culprits. QB Jerrod Johnson had another 3 interception game, while the Sooners were able to sack him 4 times. Johnson threw for 366 yards and 2 touchdowns but the ints seemed to come at the most inopportune times.

The Aggies will try to rebound from this loss, but are now in a tough spot. Since they only have 11 games and are 4-5 on the season, they likely must win both games to qualify for a bowl.

4. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Critics wondered how Vandy would react after the biggest win in school history? After taking down a Florida in Triple Overtime?! After being ranked for the first time all year?!?!?! Well....Kentucky was in the game...for a few seconds anyway. After returning the opening kickoff for a TD, Vandy ended up with 21 in the first quarter, and 48 for the game. This was not even close, as Kentucky only had 80 offensive yards the entire game, and ended up with -12 rushing yards. Total domination by Vandy.

Shutout!

Vandy 48
    Kentucky 0

5. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Well kansas state made this interesting being spotted 17 points in the first qtr then watched helplessly as mizzou reeled off 34 straight with the score ending up looking closer than the game really was and mizzou preserved their undefeated record and continued their march to the national championship

6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Ya 17 points from supersimming then playing the rest

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

this is your last warning DJ. Play the full game or get out.

8. wader49

wader49 Walk On

Hoosiers lose by a TD in Happy Valley

Indiana brought their best game in a while to beaver stadium, but penn state was just too much for them to overcome. Evan Royster had over 30 carries for 120 yards, and the passing game made the big plays to get first downs. Indiana QB Charles Love struggled a bit with a couple turnovers, but he made some nice plays and still has a realyl bright future for indiana. Indiana's defensive line just couldnt get a pass rush at all against penn state's strong oline.

Key stats:
    QB Love 9-14, 149 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT
    RB McCray 16 car, 74 rush yards, 56 rec yards
    MLB Mayberry 10 tackles

25-17 penn state final

9. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

USF Handles Rutgers

USF 41 Rutgers 24

Well another user game and another user doesn't show up. This time I was able to get the win. I was up 14-0 after the first but Rutgers narrowed it to 14-10 before i scored 2 td to close out the half 28-10. I would score to open up the 3rd quarter 35-10. Rutgers would again narrow the lead with 2 TD's of their own 35-24 but 2 4th quarter FG's sealed the deal 41-24.

I fumbled once but didn't throw any picks and wasn't sacked. The didn't commit any turnovers but were sacked 1 time. Complete summary to follow in my schedule tab.