Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Colemanchu, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Week 11

#4 Cincinatti(8-0) @ #2 Rutgers(9-0)
    ---Don't need to hype this one much, winner gets conference title and trip to national title game.

#3 North Carolina (9-0) @ #11 Notre Dame (6-2)
    ---UNC needs a win to stay in talks for a national title. Notre Dame needs to win one for the gipper as injuries have plagued their season.

Plus LSU signed 4 guys this week! Advance Sunday night at the latest.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm rooting for Cincy in the #2 vs #4 match. I play Cinci later in the season so I still have a shot at knocking out the Bearcats. Of course I need to worry about my own team this week, as ND is still rated higher than UNC even with injuries.

3. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

I should'nt have started my game, but I did and I had to leave so I just supersimmed and got crushed. (37-18)

4. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Yeah, don't take my undefeated record to mean too much right now. ZERO user games, and, like bravejaf already said, I've still gotta play two teams in the top 3! (counting this week)

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

not to mention a west virginia team who is on fire right now.

6. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I am on a nice user game losing streak in couple leagues plus the injuries should equal no problem for North Carolina.

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Sorry brave, I'm rooting for Juggs.........only shot I still have at repeating.

8. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

In the Game of the Week...
    #4 Cincinnati - 27
    #2 Rutgers - 35

The offensive yardage is very misleading in this game: 400+ for Cincy, 300+ for Rutgers. It seemed like I couldn't get in a rhythm on offense all game while not being able to stop Rutgers on defense, particularly their running back. I got one lucky FR in the redzone in the first quarter that was important in keeping it a one TD game. I think my biggest problem was getting field goals and not touchdowns. If both FG's were TD's, then it's 35-35. QB Chazz Anderson threw 2 INTs in this game. The first was a stupid decision, but the second was an accident by me (my thumb accidentally tapped "B", resulting in a nice lob that nearly went for a pick 6). After that we were down 21-10, and it was an uphill battle there. I just couldn't do enough to recover from that. Score is also a little misleading, as I scored on a very awesome touchdown with :22 left (tipped ball right into the hands of DJ Woods!)

Although the loss itself is pretty disappointing, the worst part about this game I think was losing 99 OVR, Best WR-semifinalist Vidal Hazelton. He got injured early in the game and is out for FOUR weeks. His one catch was a good one, holding onto the ball while being flipped over by two defenders for 40+ yards. He's a big part of my offense, so now I lose my go-to guy.

EDIT: Also forgot to talk about my second-to-last drive. Down 20-28, Rutgers got to my 39 and it was fourth-and-inches (I still don't know how I got the stop on 3rd and short). Beazus decided to take a Delay of Game penalty and punt, and I got the ball just inside the 20. With about 3:00 left, I decide that I can just take my time as I work my way down the field, so what do I do? Call 3 straight run plays. 4th-and-about 3, Anderson drops back to pass and completely misses who I believed was an open target. So I had a chance to tie late, but couldn't do it.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Commish, hoping we can hold off advance to Monday night. Jug just informed he would be unable to play today. I really don't want to risk losing this game and my National Title shot on a sim game.

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

UNC 40
    ND 0 (CPU)

AJ Blue had another big game with 4 total TDs in the game. 3 TDs came threw the air with the 4th TD coming on a rushing play late in the game. He did have a rare turnover when he threw an interception in the first half. The play came right before the half and was on a hail mary pass. That turnover aside he played an excellent game, but he did miss a few wide open receivers. Big Boy Ryan Houston also had a good game, rushing for well over 100 yards on just 17 carries. The smaller ND defensive line was simply out matched in the strength department.