week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by TRudethaDude, Jan 26, 2010.

1. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

week 11

Redskins @ Titans

Thanks to Kan for a great, tough matchup. In fact, thanks twice for playing as a sub a few weeks back for me.

Last week we told you about a defensive battle against Baltimore. This week we are going to talk offense! Two weeks into having CJ2K back the Titans offense has resurfaced with big play potential.

This game started out with the Redskins taking the ball down on their opening drive and capping it off with a Clinton Portis 6 yard TD run. The first quarter finished 7-0 Washington. There was an action packed second quarter that started with 54 yard FG by Rob Bironas making the score 7-3. A minute and a half later Portis again got outside of the defense scoring from 28 yards out and it was 14-3 Redskins. Jake Scott has had an up and down year without Chris Johnson in the backfield, but with him the passing lanes seem to open up. This held true as he found Jared Cook on a PA from 35 yards out to make the score 14-10. It was again the Redskins turn as they marched right down the field for an A.Bradshaw TD rec and it was 21-10 with 1:06 left in the half. Jake Scott threw a 9 yard TD pass to Justin Gage with :07 secs left in the half to make the score 21-17. This pass was setup by a CJ2K 70 yard scamper on a toss play.

In the second half Tennessee still gave up point on a couple drives, but they would only be 2 FG's. They got stingy and really helped put this game away when they really needed plays. Down 24-17 in the 3rd, the Titans drove down the field with run after run for 1st downs. L. White capped off a scoring drive that knotted the game up at 24 heading into the 4th quarter. 1 minute into the 4th Chris Johnson scored the go ahead TD and it was 31-24 Titans. The Redskins determined bunch marched down into the redzone only to have the Titans defense come up with multiple big sacks and forced a FG. 31-27 Titans. Tennessee came up with big play after big play on the final drive of the game as they wound up getting down inside the Washington 5 yard line and killed the clock. The play of the game came when Jake Scott hit Kenny Britt on a 69 yard play where Scott eluded a blitzing nickel back and threw over the hands of and outstretched defender while being rushed by their MLB at the same time.

*CJ2K is back in full swing just in time for hopefully a playoff run. He carried the ball 22 times for a whopping 216 yards and 1 TD. Kenny Britt also chipped in with a 100 yard receiving game. The Titans are now 5-5 on the year with 3 division games still to be played.

2. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Green Bay beats Tampa Bay 31-24

After a tough back in fourth battle in the first half both teams went into the locker room tied at 14. Green Bay would get a FG for the only score of the 3rd quarter.

4th quarter Green Bay would stretch the lead to 10 pts with a 10 yd TD reception by J Finley. Tampa would come back to add a FG to cut the lead to 7. On Green Bay's ensuing drive Rodgers would get picked for a TD, to make the game all tied up. The Packers answered back with a long Scoring drive topped of with a 10 yd TD run by LeRon James. Tampa would still make a game of it tho driving all the way down the field, just to run out of time at the 4 yard line.
    GG jcquik

LeRon James had a monster game rushing for 154 yds and 2 TD's

3. hendrikx

hendrikx Banned

Texans defeat Colts 26-21

Hey guys I messed up and played the CPU. I thought Big Junior was the colts and we scheduled to play at 11. So at 11 I logged in and challenged the Colts without looking at their player name and played the game. After the game was done I realized that I beat the CPU. My bad and my sincere appologies go out to Mandy because I know how mad that makes you. The game was great Manning was calling audibles all game but ran out of time on the 6 yard line to guve the Texans the victory. Mags I know you had said that if someone played the CPU they could get penalized so if thats the case I am cool with that because I should have figured that shit out.

4. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

N ICE

:bangnana::bangnana::bangnana::bangnana::bangnana::bangnana:

5. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

and i lost the only game of the year won to the chiefs on a sub game. BOO

6. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

The 5-4 Carolina Panthers hosted the undefeated Rams in this week 11 matchup.

After big runs by Williams and good defense the Rams found themselves down 14 to 0 after the first quarter. The rams couldnt stop the run and couldnt find any offensive rthym with jackson or bulger. The rams first points would be a FG early in the second by brown. Both teams traded TDs to end the half 21-10.

In the second half, After a 3 and out by the panthers, punt returner avery fumbled and the panthers scored on the turnover. Things were looking bleak for the rams down 18 points in the second half but coach ox kept firing shots off trying to keep the panthers offbalance on defense. The rams then riddled off 21 points straight to take the lead with 2 mins and change left in the 4th. On the next possession the panthers down and scored what looked to be the game winning TD with 46 seconds left in the game. Bulger went 5 for 5 and won with the game winning passing TD to L. Robinson with 19 seconds left.
    Final Score: 39-35 Rams

Key stats:
    Steven Jackson- 17 rush 74yards 2 TD
    Mark Bulger-32 for 44 390yards 3 TD 2 INT

Vince Young- 11 for 19 203yards 2 TD 0INT 1 rushing TD
    D. Williams- 22 rush 134 1 TD

gg goth, i didnt think i was coming back when i was down 18 in the second half. GL the rest of the way.

7. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Vikings 24 Bears 21

The Vikings rebound from last weeks beat down traveling to Chicago and squeaking out a 24-21 win. The victory leaves the Vikings in the NFCN hunt heading into the seasons stretch run.

Behind the hard charging Adrian Peterson, who rushed for 123 yards and a score, the Vikings were able to limit Brady Quinns mistakes and rely on their bend but dont break defense to hold off a late Chicago rally.

The Viking defense recorded 7 sacks of rookie phenom Jack English, while also forcing a pick on the day. Aaron Curry and Jared Allen led the assault with 2 sacks a piece. English was however very effective when he had time - finding the open receiver or using his underrated scrambling ability to keep drives alive late in the game.

Coach Willis gave English some high praise saying, "The NFCN is loaded with some of Mega's most promising rookies like Alonzi Sims and Laron James - but English is a once in a lifetime quaterback. It's unfortunate that we are going to have to face that kind of talent for the next 10 years."

Next week the Vikings host another of Mega's rookie phenom QB's when the Seahawks and Dane Morrow come to town. Last week Morrow passed for 399 yards and 4 TD's against the defenseless Cardinals, essentially stomping out any hope that Arizona had of making the playoffs. The loss may ultimately cost coach Mac his job, and coach Willis is determined not to be caught "slippin".

As for the Bears, a long season will continue, but Chicago has to be pleased with the direction they are heading under English.

gg scar - see ya in a few weeks

8. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Seahawks 36 Cardinals 31

Seahawks win game of NFCW teams behind great performance by Dane Morrow and Seahawk offense. Morrow shreds Cardinal defense for 399 yards and 4 TD's in a game that featured very little defense from either side.

GG Mac -

9. Thelou

Thelou Walk On

Wk 11 Pats @ Jags

Wow...where to start? The fans definately got their money's worth today. The game had a total of 8 turnovers, 5 by the Jags and 3 by the Pats; the biggest being a fumble by the Pats HB Fred Taylor that the Jags returned for a TD.

The first quarter saw some awesome defense as the Jags defense was dominating and the Pats were very opportunistic. The Jags were able to contain the Pats but consistently turned the ball over whenever they had a chance to score. QB Kelly James would throw 4 picks on the day, 3 to MLB Jerrod Mayo to help keep the Jags out of the endzone. The first quarter was scoreless and on to the second quarter.

The second quarter saw the Pats get setup with good field position at the Jags 27 yd line behind one of Mayo's three picks and Brady would capitalize on it. After a couple of running plays, Brady would find WR Randy Moss on a 12 yd post for a TD to give the Pats the lead 7-0. The Jags would get inside the Pats redzone twice before the half only to throw consecutive interceptions to kill the drives. The half would end 7-0 Pats.

Coach Lou gave his squad a halftime pep talk and told them even with 4 turnovers they were still in the game only down 7-0. The Jags responded and scored 21 points in the 3rd quarter. The first TD came after a nice WR screen to Mike Thomas who would take it 39 yards inside the Pats redzone. A few plays later, HB MJD would score from 3 yds out to make it 7-7. After forcing the Pats to go 3 and out, the Jags got the ball back and struck immediately. After facing a tough Pats defense with the LBs stalking the line of scrimmage, Coach Lou would call a screen play to MJD. QB James and HB Drew would execute it perfectly and MJD would take the screen pass 67 yds for the TD to make it 14-7 Jags. On the ensuing kickoff the Jags would pin the Pats deep in their end. On the very first play Brady would hand off to HB Fred Taylor who would get hit and fumble the ball right into the hands of DT Dallas who would return it 22 yds for the TD to give the Jags a 21-7 lead in a matter of 3 mins.

This was definately a game of momentum and the first half it belonged to the Pats. The second half it was all Jags. The Jags went into caretaker mode trying to protect the lead and not turn the ball over. The Pats were forced to go to the air to try and get back in the game. The Jags defense would hold the rest of the game, giving up a meaningless TD with no time on the clock to get the win 21-14.

Great game Anj and I would definately have HB Fred Taylor drug tested after those two fumbles. Final score Pats 14, Jags 21.

Players of the game:

Pats MLB Jerrod Mayo 5 tackles 3 int's

Jags HB Maurice Jones-Drew 5 catches 102 yds 1 TD; 20 carries 64 yds 1 TD

10. adross33

adross33 Walk On

Home James! Harrison Returns Pick 84 Yards In Denver Win

Buffalo - Newly aquired OLB James Harrison intercepted Buffalo's Trent Edwards, taking it 84 yards for the games first major in Denvers 20-7 victory to remain a top the AFC.

Touchdowns, yardage for the matter, were hard to come by as both teams spent most of the game flexing their defensive muscle holding each other to under 300 total yards and well under 35% on third downs.

After Harrison gave the visitors the lead, Buffalo's Marshawn Lynch took a toss on 4th and short 30 plus yards to tie the game up to start the second quarter.

Matt Cassel bounced back for a slow first quarter and found rookie WR Brandon Trammel for a 55 yard score, but failed to add another touchdown just before half after throwing into the waiting arms of SS Jairus Byrd.

Leading 14-7 Denver forced an early 3 and out to open the third only to watch Cassel throw his second pick on the plus side of the field. Buffalo started to roll once again, but an ill timed fumble cost the Bills their momentum and Denver's Matt Prather punched through a 55 yard field goal to put the game out of reach.

Prather would add a late insurance field goal and Denver would kneel out the final seconds after stuffing a 4th and short screen attempt. With the win Denver moves to 9 and 1 while Buffalo falls to 4 and 6 and stuggling to hold on to any playoff hopes.

"I'm not sure Buffalo could've played any better defensively", said Peyton Hillis after the game. "They flew to the ball, made big hits and played extremely tight coverage; Matt just made a big kick for us and we got a lot out of our own defense".

Game Notes ....

Cassel 12/27 190 1TD 2INT (Denver's lowest passing output this season)
    Edwards 15/29 166 0TD 1INT

Johnson 13/42
    Lynch 13/62

Graham 6/42
    Owens 4/45

Harrision 1S 1INT 1TD
    Byd 1INT

Prather 2/2 (55 yards and 18 yards)

GG Polo

11. PoloMD

PoloMD Walk On

GG Adross, i was aware of your great offense, bud i didn't expect such a nice defence.
    You have a nice team on both sides of the ball. I'm looking forward for a rematch in the future.
    Gl the rest of the way

12. anj

anj Walk On

GG Lou...That was exciting as hell !!! These are usually the way games get played vs. me....Always an intersting match up to say the least. The check is in the mail for your QB from Mayo dude....# pics right on the numbers....lol...gl rest of season bud (y)(y)