Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mikedredd, Sep 10, 2010.

1. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

Aug 31, 2010
    Week 11

Houston Smashes Tulsa

Houston, TX - Houston QB Case Keenum threw for 623 yards and 6 touchdowns as Houston trounced Tulsa 69-49. Tulsa QB GJ Kinne threw for 539 yards and though he too threw 6 TD passes, two were to the Cougar defense. Given a chance to criticize his team which missed numerous tackles and had 5 turnovers often boisterous Coach mikedredd refused to throw his players under the bus, "Lay the blame right here, I underestimated the explosiveness of this opponent, my gameplan was flawed and though we made mistakes this is my team, you want to blame someone blame me." Despite Coach Mike's objections the Golden Hurricane had plenty of opportunities just to make yet more mistakes, "When have you seen a team put up 49 points and lose by 3 touchdowns? That's my fault", coach Mike said as he left the room.
  2. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Jul 31, 2010
  3. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Aug 4, 2010
    After Southern Miss burned the clock on a 6 minute scoring drive, Coach P lit up his defense on the sideline. The offense would answer the call in the 2nd as Calabrese quick threw to an uncovered AJ Guyton for a 55 yard TD strike. The defense, still struggling, allowed the Eagle to go on another drive capped by a 2 yard Lampley TD run. At the half, 14-7, Southern Miss.
    The Knights received to start the half. They would quick drive to Southern Miss side of the field and settle for a 35 yard FG, bringing the score to 14-10. The inspired D would step up with some key turnovers. 1st would come on a fumble by the Eagles killing an impressive drive. The Knights would take that favor and score on a Joshua Reese TD. Big play for the freshman. With :50 left, Southern Miss went for the homerun only to be intercepted to end the game. Knights 17-14.
    Hopes are still alive for a C-USA Championship.