Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Newb Slice, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

Week 11

Falcons 17 Giants 42

[​IMG]

Giants
    Manning 10-10 222yds 2 tds
    Jacobs 22 att 113 yds 2 Tds 1 rec 16 yds
    Bradshaw 8 att 106 yds 1 TD 1 rec 15 yds

Chargers
    White 6 rec 112 yds 1 TD
    Turner 19 att 98 yards 1 TD

2. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Saints 31 Bucs 7

The Saints defeated the Bucs 31-7 behind a shutoff performance by the defense. The only score for the Bucs came on an interception return.

Brees finished 11-14 for 189 yards and 2 TDs. Thomas, Bush, and Bell combined for 103 yards rushing on 34 carries. Colston had 2 TD receptions, while Shockey had 4 receptions for 88 yards. McCray had 3 sacks while Greer and Brooks both had INTs.

For the Bucs, Freeman was 20 of 35 for 198 yards and 3 INTs. Ward was the leading rusher with 25 yards on 10 attempts. Bryant had 7 receptions for 68 yards. Phillips led the defense with 7 tackles and Biggers picked off a Brees pass and took it to the house. The Bucs did not a a sack on the day.

Total Offense
    Saints: 292
    Bucs: 202

Rushing
    Saints: 103
    Bucs: 25

Passing
    Saints: 189
    Bucs: 177

Turnovers
    Saints: 2
    Bucs: 3

3rd Down Conversions
    Saints: 5/9
    Bucs: 7/12

Saints: 17:54
    Bucs: 14:06

3. CaddilacRockBox

CaddilacRockBox 3 Star Recruit

Rough game for me man. Couldn't keep up the pace of the first quarter. My run D got exposed pretty badly. It's really hard to try to stop Jacobs (who takes 4 guys to take him down), worry about Bradshaw on the sweep or flats, and on top of that Eli is pretty good. Good mix up on plays though, I hate having to go one dimensional on offense when i'm down.

4. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Seattle-Minnesota

Final Seattle 23-8.

First off. If I was JB I would have smashed my controller, then my TV and finally my car into Ian Cummings House.

in a Nutshell Seattle forces 8 Turnovers, (yeah 8) 7 of which were INTs. game started off with a punt by seattle that Bernard berrian fumbled in his own endzone, I pulled up because I thoughtt JB FC it, and I think he thought he got the FC off too, but instead Seattle ends up with a TD on the recovery in the endzone.

7-0 Seattle. after 1.

Opening the 2nd I misttimed the Kickoff and barely got it to my 47. 2 plays later. Travarias Jackson throws the first of 7 picks that he and Favre would share over the next 4 quarters.

Seattle got a few nice 3rd down completions, (Nothing doing in the run game, Vikes front 7 is vicious.)

Seattle stalls after a TFL and a sack, and Mare hits the FG.

10-0 Seattle.

Jackson gets picked again. (Vikes only punted once, every other drive ended in a TO except for the late TD. just horrible luck.

Vikes DL and LBs are sick, even with Henderson out, they totally dominated most of the game. granted it got out of hand early and I never had to try and move the ball too much.

Anyway. Vikes force a 3rd and 10. and HB Justin Forsett, takes the too sweep to the edge, where 4 Minnesota players get him, and of course, the 67 rated backup 96lb HB shakes them off and goes 78 yards for the TD.

The Lone punt comes with 50 seconds to go in the half. and Seattle gets a long completion from Hasslebeck to Burleson and a quick pass to TE Carleson, to setup the FG and make it 20-0 Seattle. had to kick the FG with 10 seconds to go since I was out of TOs.

2nd half more of the same, Favre came in and did just as bad as Jackson, By days end Tatupu had 4 picks and 3 other players added solo picks.

Peterson was out of it early based on the score. and Vikes trying to get back in it. Seattle shut it down 2nd half, and kept it on the ground.
    Berrian scored late to spoil what would have been Seattles first shutout of the year.

Jerz, Sorry I talked you into playing tonight, I'm sure you are kicking yourself for agreeing to. that was as bad a game as I have been in. gl man.

On a side note, I got flagged for a hit OOB, I had heard that you could be, but not seen it called yet.

5. JB21

JB21 Walk On

yea whenever i would shake a tackle or 2 with peterson back i would end up losing yards and my passes i dont even know it was like tatupu was 6`10 or something my wrs would have a break and bam int...oh well just one of those madden days but my draft chances are improving and next week i get 2 of my key defensive players back

6. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

it was harsh and they were mostly all cpu ints too, I like getting manual ints but the robo cpu grabs, were just lopsided. I'd apologize but like I heard Matt Hasslebeck Say IRL the other day, "Hey next week we might be the ones losing by 41". Just a crappy roll of the madden dice.

7. KnockOut51

KnockOut51 Guest

Panthers 38- Miami 13

Panthers Had a Big win to move to 4-6.
    The player of the game was D.Williams who Rushed for 219 yards and 2 TD's, He also had 2 catches for 58 yards and one TD. He was the player of the game. The game also really showcased the need for a new QB, Delome was throwing balls far behind his WR's and has no real arm power. The Coach that recently took over the panthers has displayed the lack of trust in his QB by having a total of 41 rushing attempts over 15 passing attempts which only 6 of which where completed. The panthers D also had a great game, sacking the other teams QB an amazing 7 times.

8. ScottBGKY

ScottBGKY Guest

Week 11: Steelers vs. Chiefs

Chiefs hang on for a 3 point win after late rally by Steelers. We were up 28-0 early and 35-14 at half. Steelers got hot and if not for a late interception in endzone would have had the FG for the tie. Cassell throws for over 400 yards and 4 TD's for POG honors.

Chiefs win 35-32

9. Romoisajedi

Romoisajedi Walk On

(7-3)49ers 52 - (4-6)Packers 21

49ers rebounded from their beatdown at the hands of the Bears with a sound showing against the Aaron Rodgers lead GB packers,

good battle,

Greg Jennings found ways to get open all night, but Frank Gore was just too much on the ground for the packer d, gashing them pretty good for 150+ yards and 4 TD's,

Nate Davis played within himself throwing 0 picks this week :)

gg,

10. hurdrs123

hurdrs123 Walk On

The Defense remained dominant forcing 5 turnovers and outscoring the Colts 16-13 themselves, the offense chipped in with 17 in a 33-13 win for the Ravens, their fifth in a row.

Joe Flacco was injured early, but Troy Smith did a solid job while Ray Rice picked up the load going for 127 with 2 scores.

Player of the game was Domonique Foxworth who had 2 pick six. The Ravens have allowed a league low 146 points on the year and have now taking a 2 game lead in the AFC North.